• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Scum OMT ***

Arsenal's pressing dropped off and we got back into the game. I don't think that's a coincidence - we do struggle when teams press us, and it's a world of difference being pressed by Leverkusen versus being pressed by just Alexis Sanchez, and occasionally one or two of his disinterested team-mates. Can't completely explain why we were good today and so mind-numbingly awful in the mid-week game, but that could be a big reason. Plus, it's a derby - form goes out the window.
But most teams' pressing drops off against us. We're just too fit for most teams. Most teams try and play us at our own game and press us too but they can only maintain it for a half,it's no coincidence in most games we are more dominant in second half because we are much fitter and our possession wears teams down. Fair enough Leverkusen were good, but as a general rule most teams drop off against us because they have to chase the ball for majority of game and aren't as fit as us....

Just got back from the Beach Club.
Was having Tusker Lagers throughout the game. A bit tipsy now :)
We could have nicked it, but well satisfied. We did not lose - which was my hope.
The scum, with ALL their firepower, didn't score. We scored both goals :(
Our performance was much better than recent games. Maybe it will kick start our season.
All our players played well. Hugo was good in goal. Jan, Wanyama, Rose were good.
However, my MOTM is Demebele.

Now felling hungry. The wife is cooking veal escalope, with baked potatoes and spicy
mushroom sauce.

COYS

Why do NLD always leave you frustrated. We need to win these kind of games if we aspire to be top dogs. Obviously a good performance from us. But there is an X factor missing. For me its an attacking player who can run the game. Someone with Rose's drive and desire and of course lots of skill.

Mane, Sanchez, etc. Sissoko even might help but technically can he raise his game? He doesn't score, but we know Poch. He brings on this kind of player...
Not sure about Sissoko!
Would we have got a point today if he had played!
He looked like a 30 mill flop.
Like Greg said..just not consistent?. Does not give much to the forward line if he can,t score..
Any ways...got a point.. And still......no goal from open play....just crazy man....

But most teams' pressing drops off against us. We're just too fit for most teams. Most teams try and play us at our own game and press us too but they can only maintain it for a half,it's no coincidence in most games we are more dominant in second half because we are much fitter and our possession wears teams down. Fair enough Leverkusen were good, but as a general rule most teams drop off against us because they have to chase the ball for majority of game and aren't as fit as us....

*So far*, Leverkusen and Liverpool have outpressed us. Chelsea might, but that's still unknown right now. I'd wager that, should we get that far in Europe (unlikely, but still), the real big dogs (Dortmund, Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Juve) will *selectively* press us enough to force us into errors similar to those we made against Leverkusen. That's not a fault of our system per se, just superior skill and experience coming up against our side.

Arsenal were caught in that half-space where they tried to selectively press us but weren't very good at it. Sanchez ran like a dog, but his team-mates really let him down on that score.

Apparently Wanyama should definitely have been sent off. Wenger says so. I must have missed that incident.
It was about the ultra-violent way he viciously clashed with Walnutt leaving him with several skull fractures, two broken eye sockets and more concussions than the NFL has suffered in the past 20 years. Easy to see.

Whinger also said it was not a penalty too "on the basis Laurent Koscielny’s foul was not deliberate, dangerous or denying Mousa Dembélé a scoring opportunity" I glad his eye sight is improving with age.

Just hope the good momentum from this game isn't stopped by the break.

Well that the last one killed it stonedead, havent won since. But the only bonus is it should give a few players the chance to fully recover. Rose and Walker should pull from the England squad with niggling injuries. (Fergie would do it).
Kane shouldnt be even considering playing for England right now, and by rights, Southgate shouldnt be considering a player with 70mins football in the last 7 weeks.

Alderweireld and Lamela should be back for WH, Sissoko (for what its worth) will be unsuspended. Possibly only Dele Alli will be unavailable, barring anybody on Internatonal Duty, we could be nearing the full squad come the 19th

I would have to say that Rose is our best player at the moment. He is world class. Name a better left back in world football.

Gareth Bale

Harry%20Redknapp

Whinger also said it was not a penalty too "on the basis Laurent Koscielny’s foul was not deliberate, dangerous or denying Mousa Dembélé a scoring opportunity" I glad his eye sight is improving with age.

But is he admitting it was a foul? Just not deliberate, dangerous or denying a goal opp? Clearly another rule that needs clarifying along with the one that allows three players to run ahead of the last defender, in the box, anticipating the free kick delivery and trying to be in line to receive it, but not be offside. I think I could eventually accept if it was just a bad decision, brick happens. But to say it was a correct decision because the players were not going for the ball is just ridiculous imo.

A very good performance all round today. I feel disappointed with the draw, I thought overall we edged the game and could have won it. Brilliant to see Kane back. Rusty, of course, and not yet at 100% fitness, but this fixture is made for him. Any other game I think Poch would have had him on the bench. Which I like because it shows that Poch knows the significance of this game and not losing to the scum. (In fact I don't think Poch ever sets a team up to go for the draw).

11 games in, and only 5 points off the top. I'll take that, happily.

Back