• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Scum OMT ***

One of the first tackles in the game had the winning breakdancing over reaction from an an Arsenal player of course
If anybody gets/sees a video of it I would love copy.

Christ if one our players acted like it I'd be bloody embarrassed

Same old arse s h I t always cheating.....

Arsenal's pressing dropped off and we got back into the game. I don't think that's a coincidence - we do struggle when teams press us, and it's a world of difference being pressed by Leverkusen versus being pressed by just Alexis Sanchez, and occasionally one or two of his disinterested team-mates. Can't completely explain why we were good today and so mind-numbingly awful in the mid-week game, but that could be a big reason. Plus, it's a derby - form goes out the window.

I think you need to give Poch credit for dropping Dembele a little deeper second-half to counter all their movement.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

They say you never really appreciate someone till they are not around. (Edit or should that read return?) Harry today was like a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
From the BBC, the 'average position' of our players:

_92297168_spursformation.png

Toby in place of Wimmer (number 27) and we'd have probably shut them out today. Not a knock against Wimmer, but Toby is just so good.

I'd like to see us continue with a back 3 and a strike pair, it could be good for us I think.

You said he was world class and there is no better left back than him in the world lol.
He's right up there. Can't think of others than Barzagli, Marcelo and the one at Atletico Madrid that are consistently as good (or better) than Rose.

Anyone else still have the annoying feeling that if we had played the same players in a 4231 we would have won?
We didn't really press. We attacked with a maximum of 6 players at a time.

Dier and Wanyama in the middle with Dembele just in front would have smashed them.

I mean look at their defensive midfielder

I'd like to see us continue with a back 3 and a strike pair, it could be good for us I think.

Personally I wouldnt, though its good for the team to have familiarity with another option, which now makes 3 (on top of 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1).

The reason I dont want us to continue with it is htat I dont think we have the players. I dont think Son is a natural CF and, whilst both he and Kane did ok today, I don't remember many times when they combined. We also have too many players for the '3' in our 4-2-3-1 to change to this 3-4-1-2 type formation

*So far*, Leverkusen and Liverpool have outpressed us. Chelsea might, but that's still unknown right now. I'd wager that, should we get that far in Europe (unlikely, but still), the real big dogs (Dortmund, Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Juve) will *selectively* press us enough to force us into errors similar to those we made against Leverkusen. That's not a fault of our system per se, just superior skill and experience coming up against our side.

Arsenal were caught in that half-space where they tried to selectively press us but weren't very good at it. Sanchez ran like a dog, but his team-mates really let him down on that score.
Not really a fault of the system, perhaps, but if the oppo is good at it then we do not have to play out from the back ad nauseam, just clear it long, especially if you have a striker able to hold ball up. That comes down to to good decision making.

Hugo
Dier-Toby-Verts
Rose--------Walker
Wanyama-Dembele
Eriksen
Dele/Son--Kane

I like it a lot. I think Rose and Walker could be just the perfect full bakcs for this system, and Eriksen will probably do a lot better in that role too. I think Poch is up to something here

Anyone else still have the annoying feeling that if we had played the same players in a 4231 we would have won?
We didn't really press. We attacked with a maximum of 6 players at a time.

Dier and Wanyama in the middle with Dembele just in front would have smashed them.

I mean look at their defensive midfielder

[/QUOTE

Fcuk me how many rolls? There were a few twists in that too.

Back