• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur VS Some Gauche Middle Eastern Oil Money ***

A lot of over the top knee jerk reactions here. We simply lost to a better team, which was expected.

I think we started well and were in control for the first 15 minutes, but started misplacing easy passes. Then City started to target our right side. Trippier had one of the worst days I've ever seen. Not only was he used as a cone time and time again, but when he was in posession, his passing was just awful. I'm sorry, but when players have that kind of day, the manager needs to do something. Trippier should have been subbed, at least at half time, but I think Poch thought he'd improve, and didn't want to change as we were still in the game.

Had it been 2-0 at half time, I think there would have been changes, either personel or shape. Dembele was once again not nearly at his best, and we got done again by sloppy passing. We should just forget this game and focus ahead. We'll have better days. No other team are even close to the level City are on now. We just need to focus on beating the rest.

This.

Who are all these players Pep has bought that haven’t worked out?

I assume your responding to ,6 post which was actually about city being able to buy and dispose of anyone

But for pep we have nolito, bravo, Danilo so far and he is clearly not happy with Aguero

And he has let go players at a loss like bony, nasri, kolarov, Fernando, and plenty of free transfers

Money is no object.., they Can write off the losses

That's not the point.

I'd almost back you to win the league with £1B if you could forget about corners for 5 minutes.

That's not the point.

I'd almost back you to win the league with £1B if you could forget about corners for 5 minutes.

Nice of you to say so, but it isn’t JUST about money. There is a lot more to making a team successful than just Fantasy Football.

You may scoff at my focus on corners, but yet again we have conceded from a set piece. At the other end, City beat United with two goals from corners and got the crucial first goal against us today from one.

I watched our pathetic attempts from corners at Wembley against Brighton and time and time again, Rose was taking an out swinging corner from our left and all our players were grouped on the six yard box. Playing the percentages, there is virtually no chance of scoring like that and indeed as could have been predicted, all the balls played in were behind our players. Just stupidly naive.

Aurier should become a better player than Walker if he's coached properly. I thought Tripper was a back up for Walker and not a replacement.
Anyway,the Team it seems has lost their confidence to some extent this season. Losing Toby hasn't helped matters. A key player !
Great teams need leaders..were lacking this....and as for Dier. Poch has to play him,he's England's captain but he plays like a lost soul these days. I wonder what happened to all that enthusiasm he had as a younger player.
Anyway..a bad day at the office!

Im gutted about the result, but we have just played against the best team in the world right now. I know that sounds crazy but I dont think any team right now can challenge City. Can City keep this up and win the league and champs league who knows who cares really.

I have tried to rationalise the game just look at the below figures;

Emirates Marketing Project
Ederson £35m
Walker £50m
Otamendi £28m
Mangala £30m
Delph £8m
De Bruyne £50m
Fernandinho £34m
Gundogan £21m
Sterling £50m
Aguero £35m
Sane £37m

Lloris £15
Tripper £4.5m
Dier £4m
Vertonghen £12m
Rose £1.5m
Dembele £15m
Winks Free
Son £22m
Dele £5m
Eriksen £12m
Kane free

That gives you an idea of the task we are up against. I know buying the most expensive players in the world doesnt guarantee success but it helps.

I cant wait for us in get into the NWHL the extra revenue is badly needed for us to purchase just one or two stella players, I think thats all we lacking.

I have to say I am surprised if posters didn't see today coming. We lost to Arsenal a couple of weeks before in a manner I have not seen since Poch became manager; we lost to a Leicester team we hammered 6-1 a few months before, we struggled to draw with a Watford team we easily doubled last season and laboured to a win against Brighton. Was it surprising we got tonked by City? Poch needs to lift the team and play a settled 11 for as many games as possible.

We lost the game in the middle of the park, we allowed kdb to do what he wanted, and what he want was expose tripps, who had no help.
As good as son, eriksen and winks are going forward they don't defend in these games.
We missed vic and lamela.

If dembelle was a horse we'd put him down.

Emirates Marketing Project are a juggernaut at the moment, anything gained would have been a bonus.

I will LMAO in 3 years pep heads back to his beloved Barca, probably with kdb, and breaks all those Manc hearts.

Im gutted about the result, but we have just played against the best team in the world right now. I know that sounds crazy but I dont think any team right now can challenge City. Can City keep this up and win the league and champs league who knows who cares really.

Ederson £35m
Walker £50m
Otamendi £28m
Mangala £30m
Delph £8m
De Bruyne £50m
Fernandinho £34m
Gundogan £21m
Sterling £50m
Aguero £35m
Sane £37m

Lloris £15
Tripper £4.5m
Dier £4m
Vertonghen £12m
Rose £1.5m
Dembele £15m
Winks Free
Son £22m
Dele £5m
Eriksen £12m
Kane free

That gives you an idea of the task we are up against. I know buying the most expensive players in the world doesnt guarantee success but it helps.

I cant wait for us in get into the NWHL the extra revenue is badly needed for us to purchase just one or two stella players, I think thats all we lacking.

Wow, the comparative cost of the 2 teams makes eye watering reading. Add to that they replaced Aguero with Gabriel Jesus who cost a mere £27 million. A comparison with our other top 4 rivals, I am sure would also show us to be the lowest cost team.

It underlines the remarkable job that Poch has done to have this team challenging at the top of the table. Despite today and recent weeks, I still feel lucky to have him as our manager and hope his critics, while they have every right to be critical, will show some faith in him.

Nice of you to say so, but it isn’t JUST about money. There is a lot more to making a team successful than just Fantasy Football.

You may scoff at my focus on corners, but yet again we have conceded from a set piece. At the other end, City beat United with two goals from corners and got the crucial first goal against us today from one.

I watched our pathetic attempts from corners at Wembley against Brighton and time and time again, Rose was taking an out swinging corner from our left and all our players were grouped on the six yard box. Playing the percentages, there is virtually no chance of scoring like that and indeed as could have been predicted, all the balls played in were behind our players. Just stupidly naive.
Playing the percentages, there's virtually no chance of scoring from a corner.

Nice of you to say so, but it isn’t JUST about money. There is a lot more to making a team successful than just Fantasy Football
I disagree. There's plenty of evidence to show that football success is almost entirely about money.

There's obviously a tier if awful managers who couldn't do it with all that money - Mancini, Moyes, etc. But generally speaking, when you get to that level of spending, the league should be a walkover.

Not only on MOTD.

Arsenal scored against us with a set piece, City scored against us with a set piece, Watford scored against us with a set piece, Chelsea scored against us with a set piece. Stoke scored against us from a set piece.

It would be nice if perhaps we could score sometime from a set piece. Perhaps if we did, it would take some of the pressure off our forwards, who are currently out of sorts. It took an own goal to start the scoring against Stoke and a fluke from Aurier to break the deadlock against Brighton. We need to give ourselves an edge when other avenues aren't working. We won't win anything until we start scoring from set pieces. It really is that simple.

City are obv very very good. Without Wanyamma, Toby and Sanchez we were up against it.

Tactically we were terrible. Why did we not change it?

I actually think most of the team gave it their all.

Despite the goal, Eriksen gutless throughout, as he is in any game against a physical side.

This

let this sink in

wet spam, under moyes, almost beat Emirates Marketing Project - but i think the players were more up for it against us, and we play in a more open way of course, we try to play and go forward

we need to bounce back and get a win v burnley next

let this sink in

wet spam, under moyes, almost beat Emirates Marketing Project - but i think the players were more up for it against us, and we play in a more open way of course, we try to play and go forward

we need to bounce back and get a win v burnley next
Hopefully we can raise our game for a team above us in the league and perhaps they’ll be over-confident playing a team lower than them in the league.

Ederson £35m
Walker £50m
Otamendi £28m
Mangala £30m
Delph £8m
De Bruyne £50m
Fernandinho £34m
Gundogan £21m
Sterling £50m
Aguero £35m
Sane £37m

Lloris £15
Tripper £4.5m
Dier £4m
Vertonghen £12m
Rose £1.5m
Dembele £15m
Winks Free
Son £22m
Dele £5m
Eriksen £12m
Kane free

Teams like Brighton didnt get the pounding we got yesterday, you can put all the figures up you like - that is not what people are tinkled about it was the complete lack of effort summed up by the first goal.

Even if you want to go down the money route, they out spent everyone, yet other teams have at least shown a back bone.

Of course this is not all down to the manager, its the players and once again the lack of investment in the summer

Back