• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur VS Some Gauche Middle Eastern Oil Money ***

Yep they undoubtedly do. Sissoko is just so baffling though, I'm sorry. You could say Zokora wa a mistake for example but you can see why we bought him. Bentley was a mistake but you could see why we bought him. Sissoko? Just...no.

Also, we have money. We're not little paupers, we are literally the 12th richest club on the planet. Yes I know of the 11 above live in our league but we are not as poor as so many people seem to imply we are.

Well of course you wouldn't, with all due respect. Just as opposition fans have taken to calling every match we lose bottling it, Spurs fans as a defence have taken to denying we bottle any match, pretty much ever.

Yep those matches can go either way...and yet they don't seem to go our way and haven't for a while. Arsenal beat Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea, two teams better than them on their way to the trophy last season, I don't think we'd have done that tbh, luck or no luck. We lost 4-2 in the semis, the only time we'd conceded anywhere near that many goals that season in a match.

I'm actually not talking about either of those matches, especially the West Ham which I wouldn't consider bottling in the slightest. Though yes, after going 2-0 up and being at the time the 2nd best team in the country, we shouldn't have allowed Chelsea to get 2 goals back. Regardless, the title was already lost by that point so I'm not all that fussed about either of those matches.

I'm actually talking about a match earlier in the 2015/2016 season. My memory with this stuff isn't great so had to look it up but i was right. 1st March, Leicester unexpectedly draw at home to WBA. For the first time that season, we have a chance to go ahead of Leicester. Next day, West Ham away and we put in what I vaguely remember being our worst performance of the season to date and came away 1-0 losers. First real chance we had to take advantage, to make Leicester sweat and we didn't take it. No worries, next Saturday we have the early game. Arsenal at home, fair enough tough game. We manage to get back to 2-1 after going a goal down, pretty good. They even get a man sent off on the 55th minute. Yet we end up with only a draw. 2nd opportunity to overtake Leicester, even if temporarily, gone. I would say bottled. From then on, the gap only gets larger.

There is also no need to get defensive. For some, any criticism of Poch seems to be anathema, strange in a post in which I said he's done an incredible job and certainly better than Ramos. He is not perfect, he makes mistakes and still hasn't won a trophy. Hopefully that will change and hopefully with us.

I'm sure he will. Until then people, especially from outside the Spurs camp, will have question marks over him. Why that is relevant to what I said anyway I don't know and seems like a rather strange strawman seeing as I said he's doing a truly great job at the moment.

I agree a lot if what you re criticism, but the two games you chose are maybe not the best examples. It has to be remembered that they were derby games against under performering rivals. Those games were as big a chance for them to earn some brownie points and take some heat of themselves by stopping us going above Leicester.
They were never going to be easy games, so I don't think we bottled those ones. Other games maybe, but not those ones.

I think people put a bit too much stall into games being 'derby' games.

We spent a good decade being kicked around pillar to post by both Arsenal and Chelsea and had to eventually become almost as good as them to start taking points off them. Liverpool vs Everton is basically a guaranteed 3 points for Liverpool.

They weren't really underperforming at the time tbf, West Ham were 5th in the table and Arsenal 3rd, just a couple of points below us.

I don't think you bottle games based on the ease. If you go 3-0 up and end up losing 4-3, the team have bottled it, regardless of whether its Rochester or Barcelona you're up against. Not just the result but the performance against West Ham was crap. We should have been revved up for that, finally a chance to go top after all of our hard work. Instead we came out flat and lethargic and put in our worst performance of the season to date.

I personally don't think that is coincidence.

I think he does, we start some games like manic bulls.

Not saying that I want us rushing out every game, I like our controlled approach but that game was just lethargic from 0-90 minutes.

The performance against West Ham was crap. We should have been revved up for that... Instead we came out flat and lethargic and put in our worst performance of the season to date.

I personally don't think that is coincidence.
Agreed, I’ve noticed this pattern and Poch has as well. In his book he mentions how sometimes the players start lethargically and he knows within a minute if they are ‘up to it’ today. It baffles him, as he was always up for it. Something for him to work on. He also mentions a game (I think our first CL game at Wembley 2 years ago) when he thought he would have to calm the team down, but the opposite was true.

Obvs we have to match the intensity of the opponent and then our skill level makes the difference

Yep they undoubtedly do. Sissoko is just so baffling though, I'm sorry. You could say Zokora wa a mistake for example but you can see why we bought him. Bentley was a mistake but you could see why we bought him. Sissoko? Just...no.

Also, we have money. We're not little paupers, we are literally the 12th richest club on the planet. Yes I know of the 11 above live in our league but we are not as poor as so many people seem to imply we are.

Well of course you wouldn't, with all due respect. Just as opposition fans have taken to calling every match we lose bottling it, Spurs fans as a defence have taken to denying we bottle any match, pretty much ever.

Yep those matches can go either way...and yet they don't seem to go our way and haven't for a while. Arsenal beat Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea, two teams better than them on their way to the trophy last season, I don't think we'd have done that tbh, luck or no luck. We lost 4-2 in the semis, the only time we'd conceded anywhere near that many goals that season in a match.

I'm actually not talking about either of those matches, especially the West Ham which I wouldn't consider bottling in the slightest. Though yes, after going 2-0 up and being at the time the 2nd best team in the country, we shouldn't have allowed Chelsea to get 2 goals back. Regardless, the title was already lost by that point so I'm not all that fussed about either of those matches.

I'm actually talking about a match earlier in the 2015/2016 season. My memory with this stuff isn't great so had to look it up but i was right. 1st March, Leicester unexpectedly draw at home to WBA. For the first time that season, we have a chance to go ahead of Leicester. Next day, West Ham away and we put in what I vaguely remember being our worst performance of the season to date and came away 1-0 losers. First real chance we had to take advantage, to make Leicester sweat and we didn't take it. No worries, next Saturday we have the early game. Arsenal at home, fair enough tough game. We manage to get back to 2-1 after going a goal down, pretty good. They even get a man sent off on the 55th minute. Yet we end up with only a draw. 2nd opportunity to overtake Leicester, even if temporarily, gone. I would say bottled. From then on, the gap only gets larger.

There is also no need to get defensive. For some, any criticism of Poch seems to be anathema, strange in a post in which I said he's done an incredible job and certainly better than Ramos. He is not perfect, he makes mistakes and still hasn't won a trophy. Hopefully that will change and hopefully with us.

I'm sure he will. Until then people, especially from outside the Spurs camp, will have question marks over him. Why that is relevant to what I said anyway I don't know and seems like a rather strange strawman seeing as I said he's doing a truly great job at the moment.

Arsenal have had a more expensive squad with at least 2 world class players in Sanchez and Ozil. With the quality in their squad and their financial might, their fans have more right to expect them to be competing with the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd City (from last season) and Chelsea than ours. Last season, by the standard demanded by their squad quality, was poor for them. Bearing in mind this is strong Arsenal squad stronger than the one faced by AVB when they lost Van persie and Fabregas, that we are even close to Arsenal or in fact any of our rivals highlights the achievement of Poch and Levy. Squeezing every bit of quality from players like Eriksen, Alli, Kane Dier Winks, Rose, Walker and Dembele rather than just buying in quality like our rivals can. You say we are the 12th richest club so what? With the financial constraints of building a stadium we are out spent by our rivals and it would seem upstarts like West Ham. Even they have more striking option than we do.

Your post ignores this context when you refer to us “bottling games.” In the season 15/16 against West Ham, you may recall we were over reliant on Dembele who missed that game and we didn’t have sufficient cover for him (a problem Poch fixed the following season). Not having a key component of our side playing away against a team who always raise their game for us is going to be a problem. But it’s not a lack of bottle. Did Guardiola bottle it last season by finishing below us and Chelsea when key elements of his squad were not in place? We will never know what would have happened to City this season if Guardiola had to work with only what he had last season, ( I say “only” but it was still a squad that had Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva, Sane and Fernandinho, riches that Poch can only dream of) because he had an obscene amount of money to make the squad into what he wanted.

Against Chelsea at the Bridge in 15/16 we were talking about the reigning champions, at home where we hadn’t won in years and whose players were hyped up to beat us because of what was at stake. Yes we lost a 2 goal lead but our squad was still a work in progress, with a team full of youngsters. It was always going to be an up hill struggle chasing down Leicester especially as the whole world wanted them to win and had no problem saying it. You might recall at the start of the season we missed out on our main striking target and had to rely on Son (in his first season) Lamela (had hardly settled into English football) and Chadli (well was just Chadli) as forwards to back up or as alternatives to Kane. Poch also converted a young Eric Dier from a central defender to a defensive midfielder. So I am sorry but it showed the expectation that have been raised by Poch and his squad that they should be accused of having “bottled” the league in only his second season in charge with no net spend on transfers.

Taking finance and squad quality into account we had no right to finish second last year. But that achievement was soon downplayed when Arsenal won the cup! As it always is after we lose a game. It’s not that criticism of Poch is anathema, it is how he is criticised, what he is criticised for and when he is criticised that irritates me. By all means criticise his tactics, team selection etc. But it’s the “I know better than Poch about his players.” It’s the suggestion that he and his teams are some how bottlers because he hasn’t won trophies at the European greats he has managed like Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs. To me it seems churlish.

Last edited:
Arsenal have had a more expensive squad with at least 2 world class players in Sanchez and Ozil. With the quality in their squad and their financial might, their fans have more right to expect them to be competing with the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd City (from last season) and Chelsea than ours. Last season, by the standard demanded by their squad quality, was poor for them. Bearing in mind this is strong Arsenal squad stronger than the one faced by AVB when they lost Van persie and Fabregas, that we are even close to Arsenal or in fact any of our rivals highlights the achievement of Poch and Levy. Squeezing every bit of quality from players like Eriksen, Alli, Kane Dier Winks, Rose, Walker and Dembele rather than just buying in quality like our rivals can. You say we are the 12th richest club so what? With the financial constraints of building a stadium we are out spent by our rivals and it would seem upstarts like West Ham. Even they have more striking option than we do.

Your post ignores this context when you refer to us as “bottling games.” In the season 15/16 against West Ham, you may recall we were over reliant on Dembele who missed that game and we didn’t have sufficient cover for him (a problem Poch fixed the following season). Not having a key component of our side playing away against a team who always raise their game for us is going to be a problem. But it’s not a lack of bottle. Did Guardiola bottle it last season by finishing below us and Chelsea when key elements of his squad were not in place? We will never know what would have happened to City this season if Guardiola had to work with only what he had last season, ( I say “only” but it was still a squad that had Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva, Sane and Fernandinho, riches that Poch can only dream of) because he had an obscene amount of money to make the squad into what he wanted.

Against Chelsea at the Bridge in 15/16 we were talking about the reigning champions, at home where we hadn’t won in years and whose players were hyped up to beat us because of what was at stake. Yes we lost a 2 goal lead but our squad was still a work in progress, with a team full of youngsters. It was always going to be an up hill struggle chasing down Leicester especially as the whole world wanted them to win and had no problem saying it. You might recall at the start of the season we missed out on our main striking target and had to rely on Son (in his first season) Lamela (had hardly settled into English football) and Chadli (well was just Chadli) as forwards to back up or as alternatives to Kane. Poch also converted a young Eric Dier from a central defender to a defensive midfielder. So I am sorry but it showed the expectation that have been raised by Poch and his squad that they should be accused of having “bottled” the league in only his second season in charge with no net spend on transfers.

Taking finance and squad quality into account we had no right to finish second last year. But that achievement was soon downplayed when Arsenal won the cup! As it always is after we lose a game. It’s not that criticism of Poch is anathema, it is how he is criticised, what he is criticised for and when he is criticised that irritates me. By all means criticise his tactics, team selection etc. But it’s the “I know better than Poch about his players.” It’s the suggestion that he and his teams are some how bottlers because he hasn’t won trophies at the European greats he has managed like Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs. To me it seems churlish.

It seems to me you are debating or arguing with someone saying the things you want them to be saying rather than what I am actually saying.

The fees you have spent are ultimately not important if you have done sensational business and have accrued a squad who's talent is well above the fees paid for them. The fact that Kane came up through the academy rather than being bought from Barca for 40 million does not suddenly make him much worse than Sanchez. The fact Eriksen came from Ajax from 12 million does not make him much worse than Ozil. The fact Xhaka cost 30 million while Wanyama cost 12 does not mean that he is better than him. It means that we have done better business than them. Ateltico Madrid have won 4 trophies in the past 10 years (plus 2 more if you want to include Super Cups). 2 of them European trophies. They've reached the CL final twice. Their budget is dwarfed by the 2 Spanish giants. Its dwarfed by 6 English teams (including us). Its dwarfed by 3 German, by 3 Italian. In fact, their turnover is a mere 20 million more than West Ham. And yet they don't cry that Real have more money or that Barcelomna have more world class players. They do what they can.

Yes the expectations at the other 5 clubs are (and should be) higher than ours. But we have, whether by luck or by great management is up to each person to decide, been able to build a squad that actually is one of the best in the league. I'm always hearing on the board we have the best striker in the league (and the world). That we have the best keeper, best defence, best midfield. Eriksen is on a par with Ozil and De Bruyne etc etc. Yet when it suits us, suddenly Arsenal have the better team, the world class players and should be winning trophies.

I'm not ignoring any context. Dembele isn't Messi. We were winning game after game after game just before the West Ham game. We were winning game after game after game after the Arsenal game. Keeping the pressure on Leicester from a safe distance. When it came to the 2 games where we could actually leap over them? Suddenly we have the worst performance of the season and letting a lead slip at home to 10 men. Not a coincidence in my eyes. Why are you trying to bring other clubs and managers into the debate? I'm not talking about Guardiola or Emirates Marketing Project. You can't bottle an entire season. Guardiola last season was absolutely bloody clueless and seemed to have no idea how to manage what was still an excellent squad that didn't live up to his standards and expectations. What that has to do with us and our performance in a few individual crunch games I have no idea.

I never actually said Poch bottled the league. We were not expected to win the league. I didn't expect us to win it throughout the season. By the Chelsea game, I didn't think we were going to win anyway. It needed us to be perfect and for Leicester to have an almost ridiculous collapse. I wasn't actually all that bothered by that game and don't think we bottled that game or the season as a whole (though, and I know this will be an unpopular opinion on here, I think we missed a huge opportunity that year and we may well end up massively regretting it. Teams don't always progress in a linear upward direction, just ask Bayer Leverkusen).

So what criticism for you is valid and when is that criticism valid? You are again extrapolating comments that simply haven't been made. Nobody has said that Poch is a bottler because he hasn't won trophies at Espanyol. Not many claim that they know more about Poch than his players. But that line does raise an interesting question for me. If you think you can criticise team tactics or selections....why can we? How is that different to us armchair fans claiming to apparently know more than Poch or Levy on his players or their strategy? Why can someone criticise his selection? Poch would know more about their training that week, their mental state, their numbers, how fit they are. If we are not allowed to comment on these things, does the forum not effectively just become an echo chamber where we fall over each other to praise Poch and how amazing everything is?

Also....please don't lump us in with Southampton and Espanyol. Southampton have won 1 trophy in their entire history, Espanyol 4. I'm not expecting trophies from Poch at those clubs. Nor am I expecting Poch to sweep trophies at Spurs either. Yet my opinions of the team don't change based on how well we're doing. I don't cry foul that the pundits don't acknowledge us as one of the best teams and title challengers when we're doing well and then turn around and say but our finances are terrible and we can't compete when we drop off.

Poch has done an incredible job with us so far. He's one of the best managers we've had in quite a while. But I would like to win a trophy. As the club that finished 3rd and 2nd in the past 2 seasons, I don't think it is unreasonable to call us one of the best teams in the country. Its not unreasonable imo to think that we can be challenging for trophies. Not sure why that is churlish.

It seems to me you are debating or arguing with someone saying the things you want them to be saying rather than what I am actually saying.

The fees you have spent are ultimately not important if you have done sensational business and have accrued a squad who's talent is well above the fees paid for them. The fact that Kane came up through the academy rather than being bought from Barca for 40 million does not suddenly make him much worse than Sanchez. The fact Eriksen came from Ajax from 12 million does not make him much worse than Ozil. The fact Xhaka cost 30 million while Wanyama cost 12 does not mean that he is better than him. It means that we have done better business than them. Ateltico Madrid have won 4 trophies in the past 10 years (plus 2 more if you want to include Super Cups). 2 of them European trophies. They've reached the CL final twice. Their budget is dwarfed by the 2 Spanish giants. Its dwarfed by 6 English teams (including us). Its dwarfed by 3 German, by 3 Italian. In fact, their turnover is a mere 20 million more than West Ham. And yet they don't cry that Real have more money or that Barcelomna have more world class players. They do what they can.

Yes the expectations at the other 5 clubs are (and should be) higher than ours. But we have, whether by luck or by great management is up to each person to decide, been able to build a squad that actually is one of the best in the league. I'm always hearing on the board we have the best striker in the league (and the world). That we have the best keeper, best defence, best midfield. Eriksen is on a par with Ozil and De Bruyne etc etc. Yet when it suits us, suddenly Arsenal have the better team, the world class players and should be winning trophies.

I'm not ignoring any context. Dembele isn't Messi. We were winning game after game after game just before the West Ham game. We were winning game after game after game after the Arsenal game. Keeping the pressure on Leicester from a safe distance. When it came to the 2 games where we could actually leap over them? Suddenly we have the worst performance of the season and letting a lead slip at home to 10 men. Not a coincidence in my eyes. Why are you trying to bring other clubs and managers into the debate? I'm not talking about Guardiola or Emirates Marketing Project. You can't bottle an entire season. Guardiola last season was absolutely bloody clueless and seemed to have no idea how to manage what was still an excellent squad that didn't live up to his standards and expectations. What that has to do with us and our performance in a few individual crunch games I have no idea.

I never actually said Poch bottled the league. We were not expected to win the league. I didn't expect us to win it throughout the season. By the Chelsea game, I didn't think we were going to win anyway. It needed us to be perfect and for Leicester to have an almost ridiculous collapse. I wasn't actually all that bothered by that game and don't think we bottled that game or the season as a whole (though, and I know this will be an unpopular opinion on here, I think we missed a huge opportunity that year and we may well end up massively regretting it. Teams don't always progress in a linear upward direction, just ask Bayer Leverkusen).

So what criticism for you is valid and when is that criticism valid? You are again extrapolating comments that simply haven't been made. Nobody has said that Poch is a bottler because he hasn't won trophies at Espanyol. Not many claim that they know more about Poch than his players. But that line does raise an interesting question for me. If you think you can criticise team tactics or selections....why can we? How is that different to us armchair fans claiming to apparently know more than Poch or Levy on his players or their strategy? Why can someone criticise his selection? Poch would know more about their training that week, their mental state, their numbers, how fit they are. If we are not allowed to comment on these things, does the forum not effectively just become an echo chamber where we fall over each other to praise Poch and how amazing everything is?

Also....please don't lump us in with Southampton and Espanyol. Southampton have won 1 trophy in their entire history, Espanyol 4. I'm not expecting trophies from Poch at those clubs. Nor am I expecting Poch to sweep trophies at Spurs either. Yet my opinions of the team don't change based on how well we're doing. I don't cry foul that the pundits don't acknowledge us as one of the best teams and title challengers when we're doing well and then turn around and say but our finances are terrible and we can't compete when we drop off.

Poch has done an incredible job with us so far. He's one of the best managers we've had in quite a while. But I would like to win a trophy. As the club that finished 3rd and 2nd in the past 2 seasons, I don't think it is unreasonable to call us one of the best teams in the country. Its not unreasonable imo to think that we can be challenging for trophies. Not sure why that is churlish.
TLDR

The fees you have spent are ultimately not important if you have done sensational business and have accrued a squad who's talent is well above the fees paid for them. The fact that Kane came up through the academy rather than being bought from Barca for 40 million does not suddenly make him much worse than Sanchez. The fact Eriksen came from Ajax from 12 million does not make him much worse than Ozil. The fact Xhaka cost 30 million while Wanyama cost 12 does not mean that he is better than him. It means that we have done better business than them.
I think you are missing or misrepresenting my point. Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd Chelsea etc can purchase ready made World class stars. Of course there is a sliding scale amongst those teams on spend but we are not even on Arsenal's scale. It is generally the case that to accept the wages paid by Spurs, unlike by our rivals, you will be a rough diamond although occasionally we get lucky with a Modric, Berbatov, VDV or Alderweireld but they are the exception rather than the rule.

We rely on Poch to polish these players. He pushes players to the limits of their ability perhaps getting more out of them than another manager would. The process to build a successful squad with rough diamonds takes longer. It will also mean the players may not be as consistent, are more likely to make mistakes and while they are developing may not have as high a performance ceiling as the world class player especially under pressure. THIS is why we come up short in certain games not because the team bottle those games.

In the rough diamond category we have had several, take your pick from Eriksen, Alli Kane, Dier, Rose, Wanyama, Lamela. That we are talking about them in the same breath as the Ozils and Sanchez, and that we are talking about them as title challengers is a credit to Poch's coaching acumen and the players application. That for me deserves respect.

I would also point out that while we have a very good first 11, our squad does not necessarily stack up well against Arsenal. Take forwards. We have Kane now as good as anything Arsenal have (not the case perhaps 2 seasons ago). But if Kane gets injured or is having an off day, our options to change our attack through forwards is much more limited than the likes of Arsenal who have Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud and this season Lacazette. In Midfield yes we have Wanyama who has been injured for the best part of the season, with the equally injury prone Dembele, the inconsistent Dier and the inexperienced Winks. Arsenal have Xaka, El neny, Coquelin and Ramsay. It just means they have options whereas we have to rely heavily on our first 11. This imo was decisive in the Chelsea semi final. It wasn't a lack of bottle.

Ateltico Madrid have won 4 trophies in the past 10 years (plus 2 more if you want to include Super Cups). 2 of them European trophies. They've reached the CL final twice. Their budget is dwarfed by the 2 Spanish giants. Its dwarfed by 6 English teams (including us). Its dwarfed by 3 German, by 3 Italian. In fact, their turnover is a mere 20 million more than West Ham. And yet they don't cry that Real have more money or that Barcelomna have more world class players. They do what they can.
I cannot comment on the Atletico situation because I am not aware of their circumstances. I can say that apart from Leicester's miracle what they achieve is exceptional. Does that mean we should be able to do it as well? If so how come Liverpool have not won the PL and Arsenal last won it in 2004? How come Utd have failed to finish even 2nd under 3 different managers having spent obscene amounts of money since Ferguson left? Where are clubs with a similar history to us like Everton and Aston Villa? Is there something unique about the PL? Is La Liga as competitive?

Bear in mind they have to compete with 2 behemoths while we have 5 in the PL. We also have other clubs like West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine which although are not as wealthy as us on paper can afford to pay higher wages.

Why should we regret not winning the title when Leicester did? An exceptional set of circumstances came together for Leicester that enabled them to do it. Circumstances that didn't happen for us. However we will now consistently challenge for the Champions League and Trophies whilethey are back to mid table. For the long term health and success of our club this is the better situation. Do not confuse envy with regret.

I have never claimed we have the best player in any position other than perhaps Kane who is now the most consistent striker and possibly Alderweireld. Perhaps you should take up those comments with the posters that made them. I am and most posters on this board are fully aware of our limitations which is why I believe Poch is doing an amazing job and I accept why we may not always win the big games. But we win enough of them.

So what criticism for you is valid and when is that criticism valid? You are again extrapolating comments that simply haven't been made. Nobody has said that Poch is a bottler because he hasn't won trophies at Espanyol. Not many claim that they know more about Poch than his players. But that line does raise an interesting question for me. If you think you can criticise team tactics or selections....why can we? How is that different to us armchair fans claiming to apparently know more than Poch or Levy on his players or their strategy? Why can someone criticise his selection? Poch would know more about their training that week, their mental state, their numbers, how fit they are. If we are not allowed to comment on these things, does the forum not effectively just become an echo chamber where we fall over each other to praise Poch and how amazing everything
I was answering the often made and rather irritating claim that posters are not allowed to criticise Poch which, going by posts after we lose, is clearly not the case. For what it is worth I think it is perfectly valid to criticise him; as you say it is what a forum is for. But it is then equally valid for posters like myself to defend Poch against what we feel are unjust and occasionally wholly disrespectful criticisms without being accused of stifling debate. The fact is there are more people defending than criticising but it does not stop the debate.

We all want to win trophies. Some posters may be more patient than others. The churlish comment referred to you claiming the team "bottle" big games, a comment I still don't agree with.

I understand you are a passionate supporter and like me a bit of a saddo spending time writing on a forum about our passion. I want to be clear that I like to read all posts and opinions even where I disagree with what is written and I will apologise if I came across as disrespecting your view. Anyway I will move on.

Last edited:
Back