• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur VS Some Gauche Middle Eastern Oil Money ***

Yeah of course we’re one of the big boys, that never win any trophies and never beat the big boys. But let me guess, next season will be different right....
Why do so many of your posts seem to focus on the negatives? Point is the EPL is not a level playing field when certain clubs can make an irrelevance of FFP. We are still in the process of playing catch-up whilst building a new stadium. Levy does not have carte blanche to spend Lewis' billions like City or Cheatski, nor to throw two-to-three times as much dosh at his squad as the rest of the 'big six.'

Yes our shortcomings have been painfully exposed but we have been blitzed out of the water by a club put together by oil money.

Well fancy that.

HAHAHAHA it is you who is WUM to come out with that whopper. Guardiola is world class. Poch hasn't won a cup as a manager.

Is it really? Stop being deluded , it's the truth. Juande Ramos manage to bring more honours to this club in his short stint with us than Poch has done in 4 years! Yes, granted we have finished runners up twice in the league, but you don't win cups finishing second.
Funny how you only show up when we lose. I wonder why?

I agree we have been very inconsistent this season. But..we have first team players coming back from long term injuries and other key players out because of long term injuries. We do not have sufficient quality in the squad to cover these losses.

We made mistakes sure. I don't think Dier is a particularly good centre half. His best position is as a defensive midfielder. Did I think we could lose badly today? yes based on our form this season.

I am happy to debate with any poster. I am just calling for some perspective about who we have just played and the problems we have had this season.
Thank fudge some on here like yourself are keeping a sense of proportion. Too many throwing toys out of the pram.

Poch was outwitted and outgunned yesterday by a manager that most agree is the best in the world, one whom it seemed to me got his team more fired up than ever in order to deal with our perceived threat. We had after all recently stopped Real Madrid in their tracks.

His side are on a magnificent roll so their confidence is already sky high. It looked to me like their extraordinary intensity yesterday reflected Pep's determination to take no chances against us, to make sure every one of his players put in 110% against us.

It's like he knew the only way to be sure of beating us was to go at us like tigers, same as the Arse did a few weeks back. It's clear we are at our most vulnerable when opponents set out to throw us off our game by chasing and harrying the hell out of us, and for me that was a big part of the reason we lost yesterday. The result was our passing went completely AWOL and confidence went down the pan along with our performance.

But in one respect I take it as a complement that the big boys always feel the need to raise their game against us. It's like they know they have to pull out all the stops when we show up, especially on their dunghill. We are still perceived as the gatecrashers to their party, the ones they most want to put back into our box.

It's a massive problem for Poch, especially when some of our key players are either out or still coming back from extended lay-offs and others are going through a dip in form.

Poch sent out an attacking line-up with the aim of taking the game to City. But we simply were not good enough to do that. However being "only" one goal down at half-time, from an awful defensive error, it still felt we might be able to turn it around and for the first 5-10 minutes of the second half we looked much better. Then City hit phenomenal mode and we were floundering even more than in the first half. Maybe Poch's approach was wrong. Maybe City and Pep were just too damn good for whatever we might have done.

Things might have been better if Toby and Wanyama were available but it was always known neither would be back in time for that game. Sanchez being out was the more immediate problem. Without the ban, he would have partnered Jan at the back, allowing Dier to play DM. Or we would have played a back three. Either option would have given us more defensive strength. Trippier v Sane was always going to be a challenge and whilst he had a terrible game, he was lacking support.
Lloris pulled off some good saves to spare us from utter humiliation.

Too many of our players didn't turn up yesterday, or were too nervous or overawed at the immensity of the task in front of them. Kane and Son were too isolated. But even then, we did manage to get into a few potentially good positions, only to sky speculative shots rather than pick out the better placed player.

My hopes for the game were high, my expectations were low. Losing to City hardly puts us in a unique club. But the manner of losing is disappointing. It is hard to pick out any positives. Perhaps the fact that neither Kane nor Dele picked up red cards is the silver lining.

Heads down, I’m about to throw my toys out of the pram.

I’m fed up, it’s not just City, most of our performances have been inferior to last season, we’ve gone backwards.

We look as sluggish as we did in August, underperforming players seem untouchable and Poch is struggling to change games from the sideline.

We were crap against Brighton, Watford, West Brom and Palace recently too, we can’t put that down to oil money.

The injuries are no worse this season than in the previous two either, Verts, Toby, Kane, Dembele, Lamela and Rose all had long spells out.

blub blub wah wah wah

Remember City would dismantle and replace thier whole thier team as they have done over the past season, if they played like most of our players did yesterday, we cannot!
We are do not live in this world.
We need new blood. Better than what we have....in many many positions when you look at yesterday's contest.
I would be very unpopular as I would be very ruthless IF we had the resources of City.
But we have not.

Who would Guardiola take from our team? I can't see he would take any.....(He may give Harry a go for a season)

I cant see Aguero being there too much longer, City are on a different planet to the rest of the PL money wise. Now they have the best manager to handle thier spending power with Pep.

Personally I hate seeing a league being dominated by one team. [edit] Not even Spurs!

Last edited:
Why do so many of your posts seem to focus on the negatives? Point is the EPL is not a level playing field when certain clubs can make an irrelevance of FFP. We are still in the process of playing catch-up whilst building a new stadium. Levy does not have carte blanche to spend Lewis' billions like City or Cheatski, nor to throw two-to-three times as much dosh at his squad as the rest of the 'big six.'

Yes our shortcomings have been painfully exposed but we have been blitzed out of the water by a club put together by oil money.

Well fancy that.
Not negative, I’m proud of our improvements. But the fact is you look at threads and posters on here laugh at Arsenal’s ‘demise’ despite winning far more than us, talk about how we’re defibitely better than Liverpool and Arsenal etc etc Sometimes I post to add a dose of reality to those posters who seem to of got so arrogant because of a couple of seasons qualifying for the CL. Well done us, aren’t we one of the elite! We talk like we’re on a level with the top dogs, yet as the stats show we seldom beat these sides and we don’t ever win a trophy like they do. And some wonder why most clubs fans don’t like us? We never win anything but like to think we dine at the top table. We really don’t. And yes you can give the speech about how we are constantly improving, growing organically - we certainly aren’t this season. We punched above our weight for a couple of seasons why the Manchester clubs were sleeping, now we are going back to type - top 6 with a chance of top 4. And I’m not negative about that, I love our philosophy and I love Poch but some posters need a dose of reality now and again. These stats some like to churn out that all allude to how well we are doing in comparison to our resources mean sweet FA to anyone outside these forums....

Poch sent out an attacking line-up with the aim of taking the game to City. But we simply were not good enough to do that. However being "only" one goal down at half-time, from an awful defensive error, it still felt we might be able to turn it around and for the first 5-10 minutes of the second half we looked much better. Then City hit phenomenal mode and we were floundering even more than in the first half. Maybe Poch's approach was wrong. Maybe City and Pep were just too damn good for whatever we might have done.

Things might have been better if Toby and Wanyama were available but it was always known neither would be back in time for that game. Sanchez being out was the more immediate problem. Without the ban, he would have partnered Jan at the back, allowing Dier to play DM. Or we would have played a back three. Either option would have given us more defensive strength. Trippier v Sane was always going to be a challenge and whilst he had a terrible game, he was lacking support.
Lloris pulled off some good saves to spare us from utter humiliation.

Too many of our players didn't turn up yesterday, or were too nervous or overawed at the immensity of the task in front of them. Kane and Son were too isolated. But even then, we did manage to get into a few potentially good positions, only to sky speculative shots rather than pick out the better placed player.

My hopes for the game were high, my expectations were low. Losing to City hardly puts us in a unique club. But the manner of losing is disappointing. It is hard to pick out any positives. Perhaps the fact that neither Kane nor Dele picked up red cards is the silver lining.

Dele getting a red may have been a blessing imo.

Who knows, Poch is young and progressive, he could still improve, but I don't consider him world class not until he has proved he is capable of winning cups.

I don't consider him world class either. I agree that he needs to win something, anything. There's been more than a few real crunch games over the years, that we have imo bottled. The Sissoko transfer by itself is almost a fireable offence and perhaps shows those who talk about lots of money that its not always so easy to spend it.

But he has overall done an incredible job with us, during a tight time.

And he has certainly been a better manager than Ramos, who failed miserably in the league, which is ultimately the most important competition.

I think that this was always going to be a tough season. A top four finish would be overachieving even more than normal. My target for the halfway stage was to be within touching distance of the top four. We are there. Hopefully, we can have more luck with injuries in the second half of the season and put a run of form together.

One thing is sure, we need Wanyama and Toby back asap. There are some players that need some time out of the team to regain form or confidence or whatever is missing, because they have been well below par for a long period now, namely Dier, Alli, Dembele and Trippier. But since neither Toby or Wanyama is available for a while, the others need to get a grip, step up and start performing with the quality we know they posess.

And some of you here need to calm the fudge down and and stop spouting lies! There was certainly not a lack of effort! We just were not good enough to play the way we wanted vs a magnificent City side. They are just bang in form. We're sadly not. Even bang in form, I think we'd struggle against this City team, but if we can get back to the sort of form we had during the latter stages of last season, I think we'll match them at Wembley.

Now we just need to forget this game and concentrate on the games ahead.

Not negative, I’m proud of our improvements. But the fact is you look at threads and posters on here laugh at Arsenal’s ‘demise’ despite winning far more than us, talk about how we’re defibitely better than Liverpool and Arsenal etc etc Sometimes I post to add a dose of reality to those posters who seem to of got so arrogant because of a couple of seasons qualifying for the CL. Well done us, aren’t we one of the elite! We talk like we’re on a level with the top dogs, yet as the stats show we seldom beat these sides and we don’t ever win a trophy like they do. And some wonder why most clubs fans don’t like us? We never win anything but like to think we dine at the top table. We really don’t. And yes you can give the speech about how we are constantly improving, growing organically - we certainly aren’t this season. We punched above our weight for a couple of seasons why the Manchester clubs were sleeping, now we are going back to type - top 6 with a chance of top 4. And I’m not negative about that, I love our philosophy and I love Poch but some posters need a dose of reality now and again. These stats some like to churn out that all allude to how well we are doing in comparison to our resources mean sweet FA to anyone outside these forums....

They weren’t sleeping ... they were making error that they simply can write off. I’ve said it loads lately and people don’t get it

The disparity around transfer fees and wages is one thing... the ability to write off managers and take huge losses on transfer fees is whole different ball game

City this year have a bet spend higher than most clubs turnover after they got rid of so many players they didn’t want... it’s quite scary how easy they can do that money wise

Once city sort out their Centre backs this January by spending another £100m and then Write off Mangala and or Ottamendi there sorted for about 4/5 years abd teg Skagerrak is sown up

Last edited:
This is easily one of our most humiliating performance and defeat. We could have easily get beaten by 7 or 8 goals. Fortunately for us, they even missed a penalty ! As usual, we didn't turn up against yet another top 6 team away. Pochettino has to take the large part of the blame. We have been poor against top 6 teams away for the last 3 years or so. So, no logic to play almost the same players who have failed us every time. I think Lamela could have made a difference if he had started this match.

All our key players like Kane, Eriksen, Son and Alli were poor in this match. Kane had another poor game but at least he had a shot on target which was saved. Kane was also fortunate not to get red card as his tackle looked dangerous. Credit to Eriksen for scoring our only goal but he was poor apart from that. It was a well taken long range goal by Eriksen but not sure why he didn't try that much earlier. Alli should not have started this match as he had been poor recently. He had another poor game and was even lucky not to get red carded for his tackle on De Bruyne. Son had scored in his last 4 matches but he didn't turn up for this match. Lamela should have started this match or at least came on much earlier. By the time Lamela came on, the game was already lost. Lamela did well to set up a goal scoring chance which Winks should have scored or passed to Kane who was in a better position. I think Lamela also deserves some credit for Eriksen's goal as his run opened up the ManCity defence which allowed Eriksen to shoot.

We lost this match in midfield. Our midfield got outplayed and outclassed by ManCity. Dembele and Winks simply made too many mistakes. This is why I don't like us playing youngsters like Winks against big teams. Their inexperience will always let us down. Maybe we should have started Sissoko instead of Winks in midfield. Wish Wanyama will come back soon as we badly missed him in this match.

Our defence were always going to struggle without Alderweireld and Sanchez and so it was proved. It was annoying to see the ManCity player being unmarked for their first goal. Lloris made a few good saves but he too should have done better for their second and fourth goal. This match proves yet again that Dier is too error-prone to be a reliable defender. His mistake allowed them to score their 4th goal and he was also at fault for the mistake which resulted in them getting the penalty.

We seem to be going backwards this season as we also lost 4-1 to ManCity in 2015. The only good thing we can take from this match is the funny way ManCity missed the penalty and the following rebound. Maybe we do have some luck this season as our opponents rarely miss penalties against us ! I think after this humiliating defeat, no one will take us seriously as a team capable of winning the league title. Maybe that will lower the pressure on us in our top 4 race.

They weren’t sleeping ... they were making error that they simply can write off. I’ve said it loads lately and people don’t get it

The disparity around transfer fees and wages is one thing... the ability to write off managers and take huge losses on transfer fees is whole different ball game

City this year have a bet spend higher than most clubs turnover after they got rid of so many players they didn’t want... it’s quite scary how easy they can do that money wise

Once city sort out their Centre backs this January by spending another £100m and then Write off Mangala and or Ottamendi there sorted for about 4/5 years abd teg Skagerrak is sown up
They were sleeping in terms of league performance ie not challenging for the title. That was the only time we genuinely had a shot for the title. Agree with your general post though....

I think that this was always going to be a tough season. A top four finish would be overachieving even more than normal. My target for the halfway stage was to be within touching distance of the top four. We are there. Hopefully, we can have more luck with injuries in the second half of the season and put a run of form together.

This is key for me. Have we had a single match day this season without at least one key player missing to injury?

Not that Im trying to say we have a special injury curse that other teams dont or something like that, but this season our injuries have been virtually strategic in making it difficult to find our form.

That said, otherwise, I agree completely. Despite not performing, and being indifferent all season, we are in a great position. With many games to go...

This is key for me. Have we had a single match day this season without at least one key player missing to injury?

Not that Im trying to say we have a special injury curse that other teams dont or something like that, but this season our injuries have been virtually strategic in making it difficult to find our form.

That said, otherwise, I agree completely. Despite not performing, and being indifferent all season, we are in a great position. With many games to go...

I agree. I think that it is also worth remembering that whilst City look great this season, everyone else has one flaw or other.

We need to look towards these next 4 games now before we play Wimbledon in the cup.

Burnley (a) 23rd, Soton (h) 26th, Swansea (a) 2nd, clams (h) 4th

We really need to win these 4 games. We've got a week until the Burnley game and then get another week between soton and swansea.

We need to revert back to wing backs with Sanchez returning but aside from him, Dier, Verts, Hugo and Kane (all of which will need to start all 4 games) we must must use the squad during the games. I.e. rotate wing backs and use Eriksen and Dele in one game and then use Son and Lamela in the next.

Hopefully Wanyama will be ready to play in at least one of these 4 games too otherwise I fear we will have to use sissoko in centre midfield a bit.

We have to win all four for me, we can't continue with this plodding about picking up a couple of wins, a draw and a loss every few games.

Time to step on the gas.

Back