• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur VS Some Gauche Middle Eastern Oil Money ***

City are the new favourites with the media and will be built up and up ATM. They City, will be used to stir up Man U and make a drama out of things. They did it with us and Leicester. It's tiresome to see your team built up by the media one minute and trashed the next.
This I believe increases some of the frustration felt by some fans. ATM United fans are in the crosshairs for being wound up the most

I don't consider him world class either. I agree that he needs to win something, anything. There's been more than a few real crunch games over the years, that we have imo bottled. The Sissoko transfer by itself is almost a fireable offence and perhaps shows those who talk about lots of money that its not always so easy to spend it.

But he has overall done an incredible job with us, during a tight time.

And he has certainly been a better manager than Ramos, who failed miserably in the league, which is ultimately the most important competition.

Nonsense. Every manager makes mistakes in transfer market. If you have money though you can write off those mistakes. Spurs managers don't have that luxury unfortunately which magnifies their mistakes.

Also I don't recall us "bottling" matches? We were beaten in our only Cup final by the Mourinho title winning team. Last season we were beaten in the semis by Conte's title winning side - can go either way. Bottling is losing to weaker sides who we should be beating. Oh you must mean the battle of the bridge when we lost to the vastly more expensively put together Chelsea team who treated it like a cup final. Or perhaps West Ham at the London stadium even though we won all the games in the final run before and after. Lose one though we have bottled it.

I really think many fans will not appreciate how good a manager Poch is, until he leaves us and takes on a bigger club. I am sure he will win plenty of trophies then.

Nonsense. Every manager makes mistakes in transfer market. If you have money though you can write off those mistakes. Spurs managers don't have that luxury unfortunately which magnifies their mistakes.

Also I don't recall us "bottling" matches? We were beaten in our only Cup final by the Mourinho title winning team. Last season we were beaten in the semis by Conte's title winning side - can go either way. Bottling is losing to weaker sides who we should be beating. Oh you must mean the battle of the bridge when we lost to the vastly more expensively put together Chelsea team who treated it like a cup final. Or perhaps West Ham at the London stadium even though we won all the games in the final run before and after. Lose one though we have bottled it.

I really think many fans will not appreciate how good a manager Poch is, until he leaves us and takes on a bigger club. I am sure he will win plenty of trophies then.

If he takes the PSG offer it will be a case of how many trophies. But that will mean diddly-squat as it will be with yet another mega money club. Achieving something or not with us will be far more illustrative of Pochettino's skill sets or lack there of.

He has as of yet achieved very little. The media are very quick to hype anything that give them 'copy'. He has improved our some of our players, but that is very subjective as we cannot say how 'another' manager may or may not have done.

Last edited:

We bottled it (or semi-purposely threw it away, depending on your point of view) against West Ham in the Carabo.

Poch is clearly a very good manager but he's also a young manager so similar to young players things won't work out from time to time but the top players and managers learn from those mistakes and improve on them over time.

Best team we've played in years and years. Frustrating and disheartening to be that inferior, but not unexpected.

We need our strongest team, or close to it, probably even then we'd need a top game. Just to compete. Even then we'd need luck to get a result.

We were nowhere near our best, but a large part of that was City making us bad.

Can only hope the players see this as a learning experience and move on quickly.

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We bottled it (or semi-purposely threw it away, depending on your point of view) against West Ham in the Carabo.

We were cruising in that game with a team more than capable of winning it

Can’t blame Poch for the players performance once they nicked a goal

Poch is clearly a very good manager but he's also a young manager so similar to young players things won't work out from time to time but the top players and managers learn from those mistakes and improve on them over time.

Poch has less experience as a top manager than most of our players have as actual players...

And when people compare him to Pep well I’d argue that pep has never manager a Southampton or Espanyol so I’d take them out of the equation and although we don’t have a blank cheque book we did finish above them last season again when we were on a semi similar footing (ok we didn’t spend £200m)

Pochettino is a very young manager with great potential and dovetailed quite nicely with Spurs situation at the time.
He was not a very big name and had some premiership experience and above all was reasonably priced and looking for a "project" to build up his CV. Levy got lucky as he was also amicable to work with.

To follow.........

I think that was first manifestation of the signs of our current malaise.

Not IMO

The only issue I saw that day was how toss Toby was ... shocking by him

We’re hardly in a malaise either

We’re a team playing a whole season away from home with some big injuries

It happens and would hurt any team

This is key for me. Have we had a single match day this season without at least one key player missing to injury?

Not that Im trying to say we have a special injury curse that other teams dont or something like that, but this season our injuries have been virtually strategic in making it difficult to find our form.

That said, otherwise, I agree completely. Despite not performing, and being indifferent all season, we are in a great position. With many games to go...

City had no left-back. Neither of their first-choice centre-backs. Their best player this season (David Silva) not even on the bench.

They adapted. They overcame. They didn't miss a beat. We aren't uniquely unlucky in the injuries we receive - we are no different to other teams with their own struggles. We turn our injuries into strategic concerns, however, because we simply do not know how to cope with them. It's definitely a difficult question to answer, but that's our issue.

Not IMO

The only issue I saw that day was how toss Toby was ... shocking by him

We’re hardly in a malaise either

We’re a team playing a whole season away from home with some big injuries

It happens and would hurt any team

We will agree to differ.
My take on that night was it was a sign of weakness and simply unforgivable from the player on the pitch and it feeds in to old narrative of lack of mental strength that so many say about us as a club.

City had no left-back. Neither of their first-choice centre-backs. Their best player this season (David Silva) not even on the bench.

They adapted. They overcame. They didn't miss a beat. We aren't uniquely unlucky in the injuries we receive - we are no different to other teams with their own struggles. We turn our injuries into strategic concerns, however, because we simply do not know how to cope with them. It's definitely a difficult question to answer, but that's our issue.

I have to agree.
It is why imho Pochettino has still has not 'managed' to rid us of this soft underbelly running through the club.

Beating Real was wonderful but I would swap it for a bit stickability mental strength in a heartbeat.

How sexy was leaving the Lane when we did was , it was always going to set us back a bit and happened the season after we became a formidable home side. Not sure that the new stadium will be anything like the Lane atmosphere wise either.

if you look at how poor Dortmund are this season and look at some of the other teams that have beat Real Madrid it could be easy to think that we may be overrating our performances in Europe somewhat.

Hasn’t delph Ben first choice since he and in (and they have Danilo who is a left back not starting), plus they had Ottamendi who has started every game he could this season

Only key players missing were stones and Silva but they have more than enough cover for silva with the other 30 attackers they signed

It disappointed me we couldn’t exploit what was a weak back line IMO but to do that we have to also do our defensive role too which we were really poor at

Back