• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur VS Some Gauche Middle Eastern Oil Money ***

Your apologies are accepted.

This is the post which I was linking yours with, made by another chap on the Poch thread (751pm this evening). Hence reading yours also as a comment suggesting a clear out was needed, which is nuts:

"The edge has gone. Something is missing with these players. Could it simply be that the players simply cannot respond to Poch anymore, you know the same voice over and over loses it's impact.

Maybe it's time for a big shake up in the summer and new first team players brought in and big names shipped out

New stadium, New team"

Yes, better defensively. One poor game from him doesnt prove or disprove that. I dont think Trippier is good enough to be our long-term right back, but equally Aurier hasn't shown much or anything yet to suggest he is either. To me, Aurier is a liability and I wouldnt play him in a back 4...I think he's more of a wing back. On the other hand, I dont like Trippier as a wing back as he doesnt take his man on much.

Clearly you have a very different view, which you're of course entitled to, but comments like 'Aurier...would have stopped all of that' just look very naive given that none of us have a crystal ball

None of us have a crystal ball, but apparently that doesn't prevent people saying Aurier would have been brainless or given away a penalty - when, in my view, he's been the better of the two this season. He has absolutely shown quality in his games, and it's a bit strange to suggest he hasn't. Which, logically, made him a better fit for this game - *especially* when you consider how utterly one-paced and weak Trippier is, which Sane showed today.

None of us have a crystal ball, but apparently that doesn't prevent people saying Aurier would have been brainless or given away a penalty - when, in my view, he's been the better of the two this season. He has absolutely shown quality in his games, and it's a bit strange to suggest he hasn't. Which, logically, made him a better fit for this game - *especially* when you consider how utterly one-paced and weak Trippier is, which Sane showed today.

From what I have seen of Aurier, he isn't that much quicker than Trippier to be fair. He is a bit quicker, but not particularly fast, certainly not enough that it would have made a big difference in dealing with Sane's pace. In hindsight, we needed Sissoko playing instead of Winks -- this was a game played without the ball, Sissoko would have been able to cover the right-back, whether Trippier or Aurier. I think that might have made a bigger difference than simply swapping Trippier for Aurier.

Whilst I agree Trippier was poor today and struggled against Sane, the amount of times they either had two players free on his side or we lost possession far too easily and he got caught up field is not really his fault, he's playing to his instructions from the manager. The more glaring issue is we never managed to match City tactically, it felt like they were playing an extra man today they were that good and boy did they transistion at pace, we just couldn't cope.

Very disappointing evening, but lets see if we can go unbeaten over the festive period; if we do we'll most likely be placed in the top 4.

Saying Aurier is brainless doesnt need a crystal ball - its based on him charging around and diving into tackles in previous games

From what I have seen of Aurier, he isn't that much quicker than Trippier to be fair. He is a bit quicker, but not particularly fast, certainly not enough that it would have made a big difference in dealing with Sane's pace. In hindsight, we needed Sissoko playing instead of Winks -- this was a game played without the ball, Sissoko would have been able to cover the right-back, whether Trippier or Aurier. I think that might have made a bigger difference than simply swapping Trippier for Aurier.

Really? I think he looks a good deal quicker, and a good bit stronger, too.

I did consider the possibility of bringing Sissoko on for Winks to help a beleaguered Trippier out, but ultimately decided it wouldn't be a great choice, because his technique lets him down in tight areas - and City would press him into oblivion just to exploit the turnovers.

Player for player in today's lineups, what would your best X1 be?

--------------------Ederson------------------

Walker--Otamendi------Mangala---Delph

------------------Fernandinho--------------

Sterling------------De Bruyne--------Sane

---------------Aguero-----Kane------------

Subs: City's second-choice goalie, Eriksen, the rest of City's bench.

There you go.

Saying Aurier is brainless doesnt need a crystal ball - its based on him charging around and diving into tackles in previous games

Saying Trippier is useless up against semi-decent wingers or full-backs doesn't need a crystal ball - it's based on being torn to dripping shreds by Sane, being left for dead by Martial at the Lane and being roasted by Marcos goddamn Alonso at Wembley.

We miss big Victor so much. Also I think Poch brought into Guardiola’s press Conference gonad*s about the way we play will play our own game , play football etc etc. Only way that looks like beating City for me is sit in and try soak it up and counter. But with Vic and Toby missing we can’t play like that against such quality. So bit of a rock and hard place.

One thing is Alli needs to have a seat on bench for a while and Lamela should come in.

When I saw the line ups I thought we had a chance
When I read the commentary on the BBC’s and sky we were playing fine and then concede a shocker

Basic errors lose these games as none of their goals were great goals

We are missing the core of a defence and our holding midfielders (as Dier has had to drop back). That would hurt anyone against the best side around

He looks stronger than Trippier certainly, but he doesn't look all that quick, not Sane quick anyway. I think we'd still have struggled down that side.

Sane is the fastest player in the league, I believe - at least, I saw a stat to that effect a while ago. Top speed clocked at 35 km/h at one point.

However, I also know Aurier is capable of being pretty damn quick as well - I remember a far older stat saying that he was clocked going at 33.5 or 34 km/h in sprints during the World Cup, which isn't much slower.

Here, I found the article, which had him as the fastest player at the World Cup in 2014 -

https://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/...fficially-fastest-speedster-at-the-world-cup/

He's pretty fast. Maybe not *as* fast as Sane (apparently nobody is this season - not even Walker), but certainly bloody fast enough to give him a damn good chase if necessary. And, of course, strong enough to win the ensuing challenge.

Trippier, by contrast, was left for dead. Couldn't compete on *any* level, whatsoever - when Sane went, Trippier was *out of the game*, a training cone for all intents and purposes.

We move the ball so slowly. There is little movement off the ball. And please only ever play Dier in defence as part of a back 3. He can’t be a defender in back 4. I’d prefer Foyth there in future

This is the post which I was linking yours with, made by another chap on the Poch thread (751pm this evening). Hence reading yours also as a comment suggesting a clear out was needed, which is nuts:

"The edge has gone. Something is missing with these players. Could it simply be that the players simply cannot respond to Poch anymore, you know the same voice over and over loses it's impact.

Maybe it's time for a big shake up in the summer and new first team players brought in and big names shipped out

New stadium, New team"

No doubt there will be comings and goings in the summer, if not in January, and it may well be that the squad needs a bit of freshening up by then, but wholesale changes? No.

Back