• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fiorentina***

Can i vote for Utd & Liverpool to both get through then draw eachother?

I'd prefer that United drew Dortmund. And Liverpool drew someone similarly tough. Hopefully both teams would then get ousted from the competition and not just one of them

If Liverpool played United in a European cup knock out round, there would be one massive tossfest going on.

If Liverpool played United in a European cup knock out round, there would be one massive tossfest going on.

Thats why i like the idea, they would both get so into it and so would the media, we could continue to sail largely under the radar.

Anyone know who travelled to Florence? OS doesn't seem to have anything.

Judging by the training pictures and videos then it looks like:

Vorm, McGee, Glover, Walker, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Carter-Vickers, Rose, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Carroll, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Chadli, Alli, Onomah, Kane

Judging by the training pictures and videos then it looks like:

Vorm, McGee, Glover, Walker, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Carter-Vickers, Rose, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Carroll, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Chadli, Alli, Onomah, Kane

Taxi for Bentaleb then?

Good spot. You wonder whether he's blotted his copybook behind the scenes.

I think thats not an unfair presumption. Also an interesting article i was reading last week about Poch and how Fergie-like ruthless he is and if a player does something such as Townsend, despite apologies etc. thats it for him, he goes.

Time will tell.

I think thats not an unfair presumption. Also an interesting article i was reading last week about Poch and how Fergie-like ruthless he is and if a player does something such as Townsend, despite apologies etc. thats it for him, he goes.

Time will tell.
So true. What's even better is it's not usually played out in public - unless the player himself transgresses publicly. First you notice an absence from squads, next thing he's quietly gone come the first window of opportunity.

But let's hope that with Bentaleb there's another perfectly innocent explanation, eg a call of nature :rolleyes:.

So true. What's even better is it's not usually played out in public - unless the player himself transgresses publicly. First you notice an absence from squads, next thing he's quietly gone come the first window of opportunity.

But let's hope that with Bentaleb there's another perfectly innocent explanation, eg a call of nature :rolleyes:.

Well he wasnt mentioned as being injured, so wait til we see the team/subs and then there is the potential for some conspiracy theories!

Time will tell.

Townsend was already on his way out because of footballing reasons. He had gotten several chances and not taken them. He was being overtaken by those who were seen as his competitors and new signings were being made that were ahead of him in the picking order. Being ruthless in that situation is fairly easy. How ruthless will Pochettino be if/when someone that's an important first choice player for us steps over the line?

Remember he signed Osvaldo at Southampton (after having had him at Espanyol too). A well known trouble maker. In the end Pochettino was ruthless, but that was after a pretty serious infringement from Osvaldo.

As for Bentaleb, he's featured in at least one recent u21 game. If he's not involved in the EL squad or at u21 level at this point I'm guessing it's because of an injury or illness that hasn't been reported. Often the club doesn't report these things, and even when Pochettino does say something it's often in response to a direct question from a journalist. If no journo is asking about Bentaleb we're not finding out.

Well he wasnt mentioned as being injured, so wait til we see the team/subs and then there is the potential for some conspiracy theories!

I think if he doesn't appear in the next 3 games then it will be very similar to the Townsend situation so easy to draw conclusions. However he also didn't appear in the U21 game at the start of this week (neither did CCV or Onomah) which might suggest that he's in Florence and just that the squad which someone put together above from the photos isn't correct

I think if he doesn't appear in the next 3 games then it will be very similar to the Townsend situation so easy to draw conclusions. However he also didn't appear in the U21 game at the start of this week (neither did CCV or Onomah) which might suggest that he's in Florence and just that the squad which someone put together above from the photos isn't correct

Yes as i said wait til we see the team/subs and that will give more of an idea.

If he's there it gives us an idea. If he's not it really doesn't tell us much of anything as an injury/illness will be the most likely explanation.

It gives us the only options left being injury/illness or the manager deciding he isnt good enough to be part of the squad.

coys.jpg

Have been very impressed with the little I've seen of Fiorentina - They look better than city ATM.

So a clean sheet would be grand!

Score draw in this game. I'm hoping we rest Kane and Dembele as they both looked shattered at the end of the city game

Can i vote for Utd & Liverpool to both get through then draw eachother?
I'd rather they both get through to the semis and then get knocked out. More games for them to negotiate, plus more coefficient points, and they don't get to challenge for EL trophy.

Is this game being televised in the USA , I can't seem to find it anywhere, anyone know?
Fox Sports Plus (channel 1009 on FiOS) is showing it live, but you need to have the sports package subscription that includes it. Fox Sports 2, which should be part of the regular subscription, is showing the replay at 8:00 pm eastern.

Back