• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fiorentina***

Personally see the Europa league as the most "dismissible" of the three comps we are in but having said that, with the strength of our squad and the mentality we have, there is no reason why we can't keep firing in all three. I fully trust our "rotation" players to be able to get a decent result in Italy. Why the hell not?

Have to agree with this. The main prize is a champions league place. We are best placed to do that through the league. The Europa has another 8 games to go. I would like to see us go all out for the FA Cup though. That is just three games in between our league games. With the final afterwards.

We do have a good squad but as soon as we rest Alli and Kane we lose our potency up front and they are the players that need a rest the most.

So im going to say lets rest as many as we can.

----------------------------Vorm-----------------------------
Trippier------Toby-----------------Wimmer---------Davies

--------------------Carroll-----Benteleb-----------------------

---Lamela---------------Mason---------------------Ononmah

-------------------------Chadli------------------------------------

Have to agree with this. The main prize is a champions league place. We are best placed to do that through the league. The Europa has another 8 games to go. I would like to see us go all out for the FA Cup though. That is just three games in between our league games. With the final afterwards.

We do have a good squad but as soon as we rest Alli and Kane we lose our potency up front and they are the players that need a rest the most.

So im going to say lets rest as many as we can.

----------------------------Vorm-----------------------------
Trippier------Toby-----------------Wimmer---------Davies

--------------------Carroll-----Benteleb-----------------------

---Lamela---------------Mason---------------------Ononmah

-------------------------Chadli------------------------------------

I like that, but still think Kane might start up top with a view to rest him next week in the return fixture.

I bloody love Europe, its a great chance to see our squad and how its developing.

Completely agree with that team. Plus leave Kane, Dier and Alder in london

Yeah and I would go with our strongest side against Palace aside from CCV, who I would keep in the team but partnered with Toby this time - both right footed but I'm sure they'd cope bless them ;)

Must be careful at centre back as much as anywhere else in the team at the moment, what with Jan still sitting on the sofa with his knee in a brace.

As someone else said we must tread carefully now or risk unraveling everything. EL is very hard to win and our second string are still capable of going through over two legs. F.A. Cup is more important imo and Palace will require a very strong side to be overcome with a victory, if we only manage a draw we play them away under the lights in their cup final in an increasingly congested fixture list.

We need to be strong and ready for Swansea so second string again in the EL second leg.

So CCV in all three cup games for me but do I think Poch will do what I have said - no!

But that's why I'm leading Spurs to the title on football manager handheld and why Poch is doing it in real life :)

Let's not forget that 3 days after Swansea is west ham away and 3 days after that is goons at home in the early KO.

I guess after Thursday we're not having to travel anywhere but it's still a lot of vital high intensity games in quick succession.

Let's not forget that 3 days after Swansea is west ham away and 3 days after that is goons at home in the early KO.

I guess after Thursday we're not having to travel anywhere but it's still a lot of vital high intensity games in quick succession.

Depending on progessing or not progressing in both cups and possible future cup draws, after tomorrow we might not leave London for a match until April....

One thing the press, indeed everyone, has missed, is that having 25 players who can all play at approximately the same level has been of vital importance here. I agree. Keep rolling as we have done and things will continue as they have done...

We still need to rotate though. Kane, Toby and Dier have been used pretty extensively and need some break sometime. Here would be a good place to do it imo because we have the second leg to repair any damage.

I reckon we'll play a much stronger side than most people suggest. The full backs might get rotated again (although I would prefer Walker to play myself as he is better than Trippier defensively), Lamela (and perhaps Chadli) will come into the side for Son or/and Alli, but apart from I don't expect any changes. Maybe Dembele will get rested due to the fact that he is quite fragile despite being just about the strongest man in the world. Kane will start.

We'll rest more players against Palace.

Poch didn't play strong team in 6 games just to throw this competition away now.
He's played in it himself having never made it to the Champion's League.
He probably rates it as a higher status than the FA Cup.

I can see him playing a really strong team and then weaker ones in the next 2.
I think he'll go with the players he usually plays in Europe this season.

Lloris (6 starts in the Europa this season)
Trippier (6 starts)
Alderweireld (6 starts)
Wimmer (2 starts, Vertonghen 4)
Davies (4 starts)
Dier (6 starts)
Carroll (2 starts, Dembele has 1, Mason 2)
Lamela (5 starts)
Eriksen (4 starts)
Alli (4 starts)
Kane (3 starts)

Strong team for this, weak team on Saturday. Palace are struggling in the league and more likely to field a weak team here to concentrate on the league. And why bother when you just know Ade is going to be in beast mode and score the winner, it's written.

Strong team for this, weak team on Saturday. Palace are struggling in the league and more likely to field a weak team here to concentrate on the league. And why bother when you just know Ade is going to be in beast mode and score the winner, it's written.

I don't think Palace will field a weak team. They're season look destined to turn into a mid table nothingness. 8 points down to the relegation places and several teams below them look like they might not even pick up another 8 points this season. Add a cup run with some good results to that and it's a good season for Pardew. No cup run and 2-3 months of games of little consequence and it all looks like a whimper of a season after their strong start. They have a week off after the cup game against us.

My guess would be that the Fiorentina game and Palace games will see fairly similar strength teams from us, but with decent rotation between the games.

Pardew has said he will be playing his best possible side. They are safe in the league so quite right too.

I've got to disagree with that -- the main prize is a big ol' chunk of shiny metal and "Tottenham Hotspur" writ large in the football history books. We still remember 1984. And 1991. We even remember 1999 and 2008, and that was just the crappy little League Cup.

Apart from that, I agree with you -- there are a lot of games in between now and the Europa Cup final, and we've all but qualified for the CL already. Let's go for FA Cup glory -- but I'd rank winning the Prem as by far the greatest of the three things we can win.

EL Final - 9 games
FA Cup - At most 6 games. At least 4 games.

I think the result tomorrow will start to clarify the situation going forward.

Pochettino will already be cutting his cloth accordingly and I dont see him risking the league for the EL but might well have an each way bet on the FA Cup if we win and get a favourable outcome from the draw for the next round.

Pochettino maybe many things, but stupid is not one of them.

Mauricio: "In the last action at City, Hugo got a knock on his shoulder & is out tomorrow & maybe out for Sunday."

Mauricio: "Josh Onomah and Cameron Carter-Vickers are with us in the squad." #COYS

“Josh Onomah and Cameron Carter-Vickers are with us in the squad,” he added. “That’s very important but the squad is strong, we are in a good period and it’s important to keep that.”

We'll be playing a strong XI.

Back