• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fiorentina***

Fox Sports Plus (channel 1009 on FiOS) is showing it live, but you need to have the sports package subscription that includes it. Fox Sports 2, which should be part of the regular subscription, is showing the replay at 8:00 pm eastern.

Thanks so much

THFC Team: Vorm; Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies; Carroll, Mason (C); Eriksen, Alli, Son; Chadli

Subs: McGee, Rose, Walker, Dembele, Dier, Onomah, Kane

We are now on a 7 match winning run in all competitions. After the erection inducing win over ManCity, we should try to extend our winning run. But it won't be easy against Fiorentina, especially since we are playing away. We have a very poor away record in Europe in recent years. Since beating AC Milan away in the CL in 2011, we have not beaten any decent team away. Crucially, we lost to Fiorentina away in the Round of 32 last season. That defeat caused us to exit the EL as we only managed a 1-1 draw at home. So, we should try to get revenge over Fiorentina for that defeat.

I guess Pochettino will rest many players in this match. But hope we will field a strong team nevertheless. I think except the likes of Lloris, Dier and Njie, want the same team that played against Monaco to start this match. We can rest Kane and Eriksen as well but other than that we should player our best available players. We cannot afford to play a weak team as Fiorentina has been playing well this season.

I think we should play defensively in midfield. So, won't mind if Bentaleb or Carroll start in midfield. Somehow want Dembele and Alli to play in this match, atleast to let them play against a decent European team like Fiorentina. Lamela should start as he scored the hattrick against Monaco. Besides, Lamela has not played much recently. SImiliarly, Chadli and Son should start in attack.

Don't think we got much options in defence with Lloris and Vertonghen injured. So, Vorm should start in goal while Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies and Trippier should all start. We should avoid any unforced errors and try to stop Fiorentina from scoring. After the way we lost to them last time, it is important to get a positive result in this match.

A draw won't be a bad result since we are playing away. But wish we can extend our 7 match winning run. Atleast it will keep our winning run going.

Mason as captain...interesting...
Also a chance to see if Chadli REALLY has what it takes to play as a CF.
Let's see if Carroll/Mason offers more defensive protection than Bentaleb/Mason

Good to see Dier and Kane rested as well.

In fact, are we playing 4-3-3??

THFC Team: Vorm; Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies; Carroll, Mason (C); Eriksen, Alli, Son; Chadli

Subs: McGee, Rose, Walker, Dembele, Dier, Onomah, Kane

Lamela not even on the bench ? That is just so disappointing ! After the way he scored the hattrick against Monaco and created the goal against ManCity, he should be starting this match unless he is injured.

Lamela not even on the bench ? That is just so disappointing ! After the way he scored the hattrick against Monaco and created the goal against ManCity, he should be starting this match unless he is injured.

I trust Poch to rotate sensibly over the next three games and give our regular starters a rest where they need one.

Mason straight in to captain us, very interesting indeed. Glad to have him back!

Anyone know where I can set sail tonight, by the way?

Yes, very strange. Also bit worried that Carter-Vickers is not even in the 18. I thought he was going to be our 4th choice CB and why we let Fazio go/didnt get a CB in Jan window. If MP doesnt think he is good enough to be in the squad for this match, not sure what match he will be, Sunday possibly?

Fiorentina: Tătăruşanu (GK), Gonzalo Rodríguez, Tomović, Astori, Alonso, Costa, Błaszczykowski, Borja Valero, Zárate, Bernardeschi, Iličić

Subs: Sepe (GK), Pasqual, Badelj, Vecino, Fernández, N. Kalinić, Babacar

Yes, very strange. Also bit worried that Carter-Vickers is not even in the 18. I thought he was going to be our 4th choice CB and why we let Fazio go/didnt get a CB in Jan window. If MP doesnt think he is good enough to be in the squad for this match, not sure what match he will be, Sunday possibly?

It's an away match vs a good Italian team going for CL. I think we need to play respect to that and take them seriously.
If we get a good lead tonight (unlikely imo) then we could see CCV in he squad next Thursday imo

We have Dier and Rose (Davies can play CB) on the bench, there's no need to have another defender there. He's there in case someone gets injured beforehand and to train with the first team. It's a valuable experience nonetheless.

It's an away match vs a good Italian team going for CL. I think we need to play respect to that and take them seriously.
If we get a good lead tonight (unlikely imo) then we could see CCV in he squad next Thursday imo

I get he doesnt start in this tie,but I thought he might be on the bench though

I trust Poch to rotate sensibly over the next three games and give our regular starters a rest where they need one.

This!

I think Dier is currently our 4th choice CB, but we might see CCV get a touch of playing time if things work out right. He's still very young for a CB...

No point in keeping Fazio if Dier was the 4th choice CB anyway, and no point to bring in a new player to stand in CCV's way when we rate CCV highly long term.

We're fine...

Back