• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs Everton ***

Finding it so hard to get behind this club at the moment.Absolutely rotten from top to bottom.

I watched West Ham manage Southampton to barely have a chance yesterday. We conceded 2 late on. I watched us 11 v 10 there a goal up and look like we’ve never played football. Then I think back to the home game against Forest - even that cound have been a mad last 5 mins had they scored the pen.

Sh!t and shambolic.

There’s a ton of work to do here. 2-3 years with a complete overhaul of players.

Ah we really blaming having 2 mids when playing against 10 men, I said it in the Conte thread and will say it again, the culture of this club is just wrong - tinkling around in defence luring them onto us, they ran we waltzed about. Dier/Romero/Skipp/Langlet just no. Down to 10 men they also had 2 in mid btw, so that’s not about tactics that’s about desire or lack of
Spot on! Every single one of their chances came from us waiting and waiting, and waiting, inviting more pressure, and then either playing a poor ball, or playing it to the most pressured player.
And ROMERO was guilty of most of them! He's tinkling me off with his lacklustre and nonchalant play!! Supposed to be a top CB. He's not! He's utterly brainless!

Two hard games to take where we should have taken full points, but a lack of midfield, luck, effective sub...?...good managers...idk.

When down to 10 we could have controlled that. Bringin on Sanchez was a worse move than any I've seen Conte make. He just added to the jitters and brought nothing. We needed someone to put their foot on the ball in midfield, and control the game. We were bullied. At least Conte stands up to being bullied, and shows less fear.

Frustrating game, frustrating season. Our midfield was weak tonight, but all credit Everton for getting in our faces and putting us under pressure. Our response was to crumble, which I haven't seen us do for some time. With Conte we had more heart imo.

With Lenglet on a yellow I think he was trying to avoid us going down to 10 men..but we just did anyway via an different route

The really frustrating thing was you could see the space in midfield and Skipp and PEH tiring. Sure enough they have a free shot right in the middle of the park in front of the box.

There’s a ton of work to do here. 2-3 years with a complete overhaul of players.

We need 2 CBs, a keeper and a creative player....with one of those being a leader

And obviously need a new manager

The wheels could really really come off between now and summer

The ref didn't throw it away the spurs players did.

Yes. And there's no way that Mason and Stellini gathered the players together after Everton's red card and said, "Lads, play like a bunch of craven jellyfish. Please kick it around our own penalty area, invite pressure from them and never allow yourself to put more than two forward passes together before giving them the ball back"

I'm furious.

Stallini 1/10
Wtf. Moura on left wing??! Moura is finnished as a top player, slow in feet and head.
Sanchez omfg. Give him away…
Skip and høybjerg they dont help in attack, they dont move in the mid if they dont have the ball!

please get a manager in!

It is not the ref. Spurs decide to go defensive after scoring against 10 men. That is not the Spurs I grew up loving. Spurs often went for the throat in such situations. We were ruthless especially against smaller teams. Can this team do what we did against Charlton and prime Darren Bent? Can they do what we did against Arsenal coming back to win? Talent is nothing without desire. Everton players were bursting their guts out there. Spurs players were auditioning to be the next Dele Alli. Fvck them and their inflated wages.
I don't disagree at all - we were shocking.

But even then we were plenty good enough to beat that shower of brick. Ref evened up the numbers and then made it clear we couldn't make a tackle without getting booked.

We should be appointing a new manager this week

Nah, plenty of time, it's only been a week since Conte was sacked, etc, etc.

How people can't see the urgency is baffling. Whether for a rebuild in the summer or just to save the slowly dying season now - this brick needs to end, and it is wondrous levels of incompetence to let it go on like this.

Get. Poch. Now.

Failing that, get Gallardo.

Get some new ideas in. Now. Not a hundred days from now when you appoint the Nuno Espirito Santo of 2023.

Now.

As for the players, watching some them in our shirt sickens me - Dier, Sanchez, and many of the rest of these overpaid, fragile, utterly worthless tossers.

They can do one, and good riddance - may we forget they ever here.

Yes. And there's no way that Mason and Stellini gathered the players together after Everton's red card and said, "Lads, play like a bunch of craven jellyfish. Please kick it around our own penalty area, invite pressure from them and never allow yourself to put more than two forward passes together before giving them the ball back"

I'm furious.

Some of the fu cking around at the back was criminal. Lloris passing it to defenders who are marked

Just obscene

Stallini 1/10
Wtf. Moura on left wing??! Moura is finnished as a top player, slow in feet and head.
Sanchez omfg. Give him away…
Skip and høybjerg they dont help in attack, they dont move in the mid if they dont have the ball!

please get a manager in!
Agree with the first 2. Moura and Sanchez had no business coming în there. There was no substitute for CM, Sarr has no business playing for PL team atm.

With Lenglet on a yellow I think he was trying to avoid us going down to 10 men..but we just did anyway via an different route

We were already finding it hard to play around Evertons press. Lenglet one of the few who play the ball out from the back with some ability. It was just a mad move and lost us the game.

Bring on Sarr, pack the middle, ask Son and Kulu to tuck in. Then break. We were all at sea. We looked like a team without a proper manager.

Back