• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs Everton ***

He made all the wrong choices again today - starting Dier, starting Lloris, sane 3-4-3, subbing no one. Was a blessed relief to see him going off and Mason immediately bringing on Danjuma, because it confirms that at least *someone* on the coaching staff is seeing what 60,000 in the stadium are.

Stellini had a chance to really make his mark here as his own man, but he's basically confirming he's a yes man and nothing more.

Who would you start instead of Dier with this squad right now?

Lenglet. Go back four, Porro-Romero-Lenglet-Perisic, play three midfielders ahead of them to provide a modicum of ball control (Hojbjerg-Skipp-Sarr), Deki-Richy-Kane up front.

My answer even though it wasn't asked of me is that there is no way as the coach of this squad would I have gone into this season with Dier or Sanchez as my primary option at CB. That is an epic failing by Conte. Even if he stated he wanted players we didn't get. It should have been priority number fudging 1. We all knew of CB situation was brick.

To really answer your question, for me Sanchez or Dier is much of a muchness. I'd start either one of them depending on circumstance. I don't buy the idea that Dier is better than Sanchez at all.ill try and not be harsh and just say they are both capable of good performances occasionally but both are very inconsistent and truthfully I've seen more good CB performances by Sanchez than I have of Dier.

But yes like DubaiSpurs I wouldn't play 3 at the back at all which would allow me to avoid playing either of them. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

You would genuinely play a back four with Porro and Perisic as FBs? That is quite a gamble...
Can’t play Perisic as full back
The guy struggles with players running at him
One of his issues this seaoson os when defending he sits so see as he knows he has no pace to cover

Playing a. Back 4 of lenglet, Dier, Romero, Porro
Takes us back to the old wonky
When Davies is back we can move Lenglet in for Dier and possibly do more with our full backs
I think it’s something they were trying before injuries (stellini talked about trying something else in training)
That was with a 4 we would have more bodies in midfield and can play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 … the latter suits us for starting games imo
And I know Hojberg has his critics but his work in the final third is actually good…. Very good I’d wager compared to other holding midfielders (assist and goal numbers are good)
Sarr can pass well over distance and Skipp can do his defensive role
Can also put kulu in the midfield at some point and add another attacker into the team
It’s sacrificing one thing to gain in others
Watching yesterday seeing 3 CBS marking well back and losing him was scary

Lenglet. Go back four, Porro-Romero-Lenglet-Perisic, play three midfielders ahead of them to provide a modicum of ball control (Hojbjerg-Skipp-Sarr), Deki-Richy-Kane up front.

that's a nightmare defensive line imo

Perisic is a brick defender, Porro hasn't looked great so far, Lenglet is average at best, has concentration issues and is lazy with the ball, Romero is a stopper at least, but he loves a maraud

it would be chaos

He made all the wrong choices again today - starting Dier, starting Lloris, sane 3-4-3, subbing no one. Was a blessed relief to see him going off and Mason immediately bringing on Danjuma, because it confirms that at least *someone* on the coaching staff is seeing what 60,000 in the stadium are.

Stellini had a chance to really make his mark here as his own man, but he's basically confirming he's a yes man and nothing more.
Except it was Stellini who made the decision to bring on Danjuma. There is direct communication from backroom staff to the bench during the game, easy to get messages through.

Back