• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

I wouldn't class that as success, that was a poor season that led to losing a great forward partnership.

Success can be as simple as outperforming expectations, conversely, are you successful if you merely hit them?
I thought only winning the CL is success, everything else is irrelevant

They want to win the league and the champions league above all else but United still picked arguably their strongest side at the weekend because Ten Hag recognises that trophies in any shape or form are important.

I think being in the final makes it a different proposition to one 4/5 games away, that's your last afternoon in the competition, and the schedule is normally kind enough to give you a break before the next game.

They want to win the league and the champions league above all else but United still picked arguably their strongest side at the weekend because Ten Hag recognises that trophies in any shape or form are important.
Yep. Not every club that wins a domestic cup goes on to be successful elsewhere but every successful club wins domestic cups. Its all part of a winning mentality that the best teams have. We lack it quite badly.

in a final of course they are going to - what was their lineup like tonight in terms of rotation?

I think being in the final makes it a different proposition to one 4/5 games away, that's your last afternoon in the competition, and the schedule is normally kind enough to give you a break before the next game.

I don’t know mate, it just seems like excuses/denial/trying to make ourselves feel better for a lack of success in the trophy department. This forum would go ballistic if we best Liverpool in a final.

Yep. Not every club that wins a domestic cup goes on to be successful elsewhere but every successful club wins domestic cups. Its all part of a winning mentality that the best teams have. We lack it quite badly.

if you’re a top team/squad you’re more likely to win multiple trophies - we aren’t at that level

Perisic in for Davies (at wing back)
Davies in for Lenglet (at LCB)
Sanchez in for Romero
Moura in for Kulu
Porro in for Royal
Sarr in for Skipp
Richarlison in for Kane
That’s more than half a team.

But not exactly a reserve side. It should have been good enough.
Moura and Sarr are the only two I'd show a bit of leniency to. The rest - completely unacceptable.

in a final of course they are going to - what was their lineup like tonight in terms of rotation?

a lot, Rashford, Casemiro, Varane, Fred, Martinez, all started on the bench

Elanga and Wan Bissaka too, although they are not as regular in the league as the others

No
He is a huge part of the issue
The system ak designed around patterns
Moura doesn’t play that way … never has and never will
So having him on means the automations can’t work
Add in a new guy behind him and it was daft on every level
Yes he runs with the ball .. but he is toilet in this team

got to defend Moura here..he seems to be picked out as the problem but other players were
playing far worse loosing the ball as soon as it was received. At least Moura managed to break thorough
their defence the only spurs player that looked to do anything,with a bit of luck he may have helped us score or won a penalty as he was threatning in attack! Not only that...he's being critised and hasn't been hardley fudging playing this season...

We've supposedly been better than United for years based on league positions.
They're a financial juggernaught
Our jug was nought, but our jug has slowly been filled up towards the brim

It is vital we made top4 so regularly, else we would be miles away from truly competing financially, like Everton or West Ham or Leeds or whomever outside the Bigs

Our problem is scoring goals. We rely far too heavily on Kane. Richi has been a real disappointment and Son and Kuku simply haven't performed this season.
Add to that really poor wingbacks - on the left Peresic has been a huge let down and Sess is just awful that even Davies is better than both. On the right, although Royal has improved greatly he is still not providing assists and it looks like Pedro can't defend ( although it's early days.
Once again our recruitment seems to be malfunctioning.

At least we won’t get knocked out of another quarter or semi-final. Small silver spots…sigh…gonad*s…brick…can any goalkeepers explain why Forster was so weighted on his left-side?

At least we won’t get knocked out of another quarter or semi-final. Small silver spots…sigh…gonad*s…brick…can any goalkeepers explain why Forster was so weighted on his left-side?

So it's better to get knocked out of cup competitions earlier..... That's the proposed argument. Lose earlier as there'll be less hope to be inevitably destroyed lol, that's where we're at (and that's coming from one of the eternally positive posters). fudge I love this club but it is painful.

Back