• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

What could Son and Lucas be expected to do when they are isolated 40 yards ahead of our midfield, with their backs to goals?
Not this gonads again. Son literally received the ball running towards their penalty box with only one defender to beat to be through on goal and the defender got the better of him. Son is an absolute shadow of the player he was, and the excuses for him are getting embarrassing….

cant blame squad rotation. there's enough quality on that pitch to be winning that.

Again, i go back to previous points, how much did we trouble their keeper? i cant recall many difficult saves to make, except us troubling at set pieces.

cant help but feel tactically we set up poorly, and hampered our attack with Son and Lucas both playing together offering no alternative either side to Richy.
That’s one and the same thing isn’t it? We rotated out our only 2 creative players in Kane and Kulu. Played a completely different and incompatible right side, etc.

should we still be beating Sheff Utd? ofcourse we should, but why hamstring ourselves?!

Not this gonads again. Son literally received the ball running towards their penalty box with only one defender to beat to be through on goal and the defender got the better of him. Son is an absolute shadow of the player he was, and the excuses for him are getting embarrassing….

And he has been like this for most of the season

got to defend Moura here..he seems to be picked out as the problem but other players were
playing far worse loosing the ball as soon as it was received. At least Moura managed to break thorough
their defence the only spurs player that looked to do anything,with a bit of luck he may have helped us score or won a penalty as he was threatning in attack! Not only that...he's being critised and hasn't been hardley fudging playing this season...
I don't think he's being really singled out, it's the total change of the right hand side that most are pointing to. Moura wasn't the worst player but nobody, probably including Moura, knows what he's going to do next.
That alongside Porro that is only settling into the team and Sanchez isn't setting us up to win.

The above is brick but all clubs have dingdongheads .. was there with 2 8 year old boys yesterday and everyone was great - helping us get in - chatting after etc never felt intimidated ..also a Big thanks to UTD's club Managment who put a message up for us for Rooster aat half time - really good people

brick result though - managment mugged us of at least a chance of a result with that team -- knew we were in trouble as soon as it was announced - Wayne Kers

That’s one and the same thing isn’t it? We rotated out our only 2 creative players in Kane and Kulu. Played a completely different and incompatible right side, etc.

should we still be beating Sheff Utd? ofcourse we should, but why hamstring ourselves?!
That right side was a disaster waiting to happen. It can’t have helped Porro to play w Lucas and Falling Dave. Plus, Moura - obviously- doesn’t play the Conte way. He still does the same things

I expect we will make a few changes but i hope not to many. They are second in in their league and will be a hard game, and i would love to see us win the FA Cup again.

Well we fudged it up once again, to be honest i am getting sick to death of the club making so many changes in these types of games. We have thrown away opporitunitys to progress in the cups ( and we have been doing so for years ) and its getting to the stage i ( and others) have to wonder why we all spend so much time and money traveling away to these cup games just to see us throw the games away by making so MANY changes.

RANT OVER. :mad:

I think the loss was also related to Conte not being there. We lacked conviction and belief. Until Sheffield scored the team revert to that limp un-motivated mentality we've seen before. The determination was lacking. All the attackers looking to set someone else up, rather than take responsibility.

We have to credit Sheffield for their defensive setup. 3 CBs can really work well and be hard to score against. I thought Moura was decent first half, and we just needed to make more of one of the openings first half. Lacked that precision and intent with rusty players. If they'd scored in the first half, we'd have won it - because this squad play better under adversity. We coasted too much (mentally) and lost. Need to take some fire and passion into the following games. Hopefully Conte is back soon.

I think the loss was also related to Conte not being there. We lacked conviction and belief. Until they scored the team revert to that limp un-motivated mentality we've seen before. The determination was lacking. All the attackers looking to set someone else up, rather than take responsibility.

We have to credit Sheffield for their defensive setup. 3 CBs can really work well and be hard to score against. I thought Moura was decent first half, and we just needed to make more of one of the openings first half. Lacked that precision and intent with rusty players. If they'd scored in the first half, we'd have won it - because this squad play better under adversity. We coasted too much (mentally) and lost. Need to take some fire and passion into the following games. Hopefully Conte is back soon.
And were the wins in the last two games related to Conte not being there? Lame excuse

And were the wins in the last two games related to Conte not being there? Lame excuse

Lame post. Who said anything about excuses? Conte brings some fire and determination. You can simplify things if you wish to, but in reality things are never that simple (a manager bounce, playing harder for the new man and emergency situation short-term etc etc). If you don't think we need Conte back, that is your opinion.

Lame post. Who said anything about excuses? Conte brings some fire and determination. You can simplify things if you wish to, but in reality things are never that simple (a manager bounce, playing harder for the new man and emergency situation short-term etc etc). If you don't think we need Conte back, that is your opinion.
Then were did the fire and determination come from in the last two games??
I didn't say we don't need Conte back, but that is not the reason we lost last night. If we went with a proper team we would've won.

I also thought the notion that not having Conte on the sideline shouting at players actually made us play better was nonsense

Depends what the latest result was. People then take that and use it to push a pre-conceived narrative.

We need Conte back. Stellini's done a good job but Conte is the manager, he's an elite one and is clearly respected by the players. We aren't paying him 15m a year to be a bad influence on the team. Sooner he's back the better.

Conte Picked that team - Son's Brother has been playing for us all season and hes not noticed - Im not sure having him back will make much difference

Then were did the fire and determination come from in the last two games??
I didn't say we don't need Conte back, but that is not the reason we lost last night. If we went with a proper team we would've won.

We did need some rotation too. Maybe it was too much rotation, but easy to say in hindsight. We had enough play to score. We were the more dominant team but weren't cut-throat. And that is an issue with this squads mentality. They need to have a collective determination to put such sides to the sword. They have the ability, not always the single-minded focus.

I also thought the notion that not having Conte on the sideline shouting at players actually made us play better was nonsense

Indeed, i have heard so many times since Conte has been missing that he is the reason we have played poorly as he frightens certain players :rolleyes: and because Stellina is not a shouter we have done well. What a load of gonad*s.

Depends what the latest result was. People then take that and use it to push a pre-conceived narrative.

We need Conte back. Stellini's done a good job but Conte is the manager, he's an elite one and is clearly respected by the players. We aren't paying him 15m a year to be a bad influence on the team. Sooner he's back the better.

Amen to that.

We did need some rotation too. Maybe it was too much rotation, but easy to say in hindsight. We had enough play to score. We were the more dominant team but weren't cut-throat. And that is an issue with this squads mentality. They need to have a collective determination to put such sides to the sword. They have the ability, not always the single-minded focus.

They rotated 8 didn’t they? Rotation wasn’t the problem. I don’t even think selection was that big a problem although I take the point on one of Kane or Kulu starting.

The problem was backbone for me. As you say, we looked the better side without being really threatening. You could see the tide turning second half about 15 mins before they scored. And we couldn’t cope with that. That’s unforgivable and that’s down to the players mainly and the management for me.

Back