• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

got to defend Moura here..he seems to be picked out as the problem but other players were
playing far worse loosing the ball as soon as it was received. At least Moura managed to break thorough
their defence the only spurs player that looked to do anything,with a bit of luck he may have helped us score or won a penalty as he was threatning in attack! Not only that...he's being critised and hasn't been hardley fudging playing this season...
The guys brick in this system
Always has been
It’s why we’re letting him go
He isn’t the reason we lost but he is part of the reason we didn’t win… can’t pass/won’t pass for a start
Add in Richarlison who can’t control a ball and son who is all over the place and we were fudged

got to defend Moura here..he seems to be picked out as the problem but other players were
playing far worse loosing the ball as soon as it was received. At least Moura managed to break thorough
their defence the only spurs player that looked to do anything,with a bit of luck he may have helped us score or won a penalty as he was threatning in attack! Not only that...he's being critised and hasn't been hardley fudging playing this season...

For a player that knows that he will be dropped no matter what he does as soon as we get to a final i have to admire the effort he puts in.
As much as I can point everyone of those players last night and justifiably say that was nowhere good enough i can also see why it happened.
Richarlison, no service, one good pass all night. Trying his arse off, but same as moura he knows that no matter what he does that position is not going to be his.
Son, sorry but he needs to be dropped, and not just to bench.
Perisic, be as well cancelling his contract.
Moura, can't fault the effort but he is not a good fit.
Sarr, did ok in the carnage around him.
Peh, sorry but i just do not see it, he is average.
Porro, confident he will come good, but no idea why he started last night.
Sanchez, not comfortable on the ball so why we put him in with porro, peh is a mystery for the ages.
Not only are those rather baffling individuals to be playing, but as combinations it beggars belief.
Son, Richarlison and moura, who thought that was a good idea.
Perisic and son on the left, we know that doesn't work, we've had plenty of evidence of it.
Porro and Sanchez, is bad enough but out moura in front of them and really you despair.

Seen some insane stats recently on how Dier, Davies and Sanchez have played in some combination for each our last 5 cup exits. Mental. And the bench isn't strong with Tanganga there too.

But, aside from a shoddy defence, how much did we trouble their keeper? Richarlison was poor but Nathan Clarke from Extra Inch made a great point - the two players next to him were Son and Lucas. Head down, run. On both sides. Absolutely nothing either side to assist or play differently. I think resting Kulu was the right call, he's played a lot of minutes, but why sign Danjuma and then put Lucas on when you are trying to cut his contract? At least try something different.

Alternatively, here's a novel idea, if you dont have the players you require to play in your desired formation, change your formation, maybe go 3-5-2 (perhaps Lucas or Danjuma as a 10 where both have experience)?

Richy was poor but he wasn't helped either.

I dont think you can blame any of the forwards - the 5-2-0-3 formation just helps nobody. Esp with neither Kane or Kulu on to attempt to patch the creativity void

Any Spurs fan with a memory?

Not many on here, they love 6 or more changes as every team in the world are worse than the blokes who cant get a start in the 1st team. Year on year I read on here how delude other fans are, some of our fans need to look ar themselves. Who honestly thought the team we started would win away from home on a cold wet night in Sheffield, this was their biggest game of the season and they were going to go hell for leather. It was a terrible result we should be able to beat them but should and doing are very different things

Last edited:
Are you happy we lost so you can wheel out this nonsense again? I'm trying to work out if you actually believe it or are just trolling.

Not a question on whether any of us believe it do the club? Our record of appalling performances in cup games when we make so many changes is there for all to see, we ain't good enough to do it, save us all the misery and just play the academy sides or run a competition for fans to play.

Not a question on whether any of us believe it do the club? Our record of appalling performances in cup games when we make so many changes is there for all to see, we ain't good enough to do it, save us all the misery and just play the academy sides or run a competition for fans to play.

This. Watching the second half last night was like Groundhog Day. It was blatantly obvious what was coming.

Not many on here, they love 6 or more changes as every team in the world are worse than the blokes who cant get a start in the 1st team. Year on year I read on here how delude other fans are, some of our fans need to look ar themselves. Who honestly thought the team we started would win away from home on a cold wet night in Sheffield, this was their biggest game of the season and they were going to go hell for leather. It was a terrible result we should be able to beat them but should and doing are very different things

Sheffield United rotated more than us. That was their second string.

cant blame squad rotation. there's enough quality on that pitch to be winning that.

Again, i go back to previous points, how much did we trouble their keeper? i cant recall many difficult saves to make, except us troubling at set pieces.

cant help but feel tactically we set up poorly, and hampered our attack with Son and Lucas both playing together offering no alternative either side to Richy.

Sheffield United rotated more than us. That was their second string.

I couldn't give a fudge about Sheffield United, we do not have enough quality to "rotate" and get a result or decent performance at the club and haven't for a few years. If our fans are happy to believe this illusion I wish them well in their rose coloured world. I suppose we must rotate on Saturday as the Milan game is next, cant expect players to play 2 games so soon?

cant blame squad rotation. there's enough quality on that pitch to be winning that.

Again, i go back to previous points, how much did we trouble their keeper? i cant recall many difficult saves to make, except us troubling at set pieces.

cant help but feel tactically we set up poorly, and hampered our attack with Son and Lucas both playing together offering no alternative either side to Richy.

No there wasn't the performance and result proved it, wishing does make it happen.

What could Son and Lucas be expected to do when they are isolated 40 yards ahead of our midfield, with their backs to goals?

Back