• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

So the real question is how brave do we be here?

- Kane must need a rest, we need him on week-end and in CL against Milan
- PEH is the only senior midfielder, so do we really want him playing 4 games in 11 days?
- Davies also probably needs to be managed

Options
- Richi for Kane, Danjuma for Deki
- Porro for Royal, Perisic for Davies
- Sarr in for PEH

That would be 4 first team changes (5 positions, Son starting)

Further options
- Sanchez in for Romero?

Perhaps our resident Sheffield United fan @Gutter Boy could give us a run down of their strengths & weaknesses?

Norwood is the star man, runs midfield

Ahmedhodzic is a brilliant young CB (perhaps one for us?).

Ndiaye at #10 is their main creative outlet, though McAtee from City looks exciting from the bench too.

A bit like Chelsea, they struggle up front though. Brewster seems to have flopped, McBurnie is their best but not great, and they still wheel out Billy Sharp.

Norwood is the star man, runs midfield

Ahmedhodzic is a brilliant young CB (perhaps one for us?).

Ndiaye at #10 is their main creative outlet, though McAtee from City looks exciting from the bench too.

A bit like Chelsea, they struggle up front though. Brewster seems to have flopped, McBurnie is their best but not great, and they still wheel out Billy Sharp.
Yes but will they play with the handbrake on or off?

So the real question is how brave do we be here?

- Kane must need a rest, we need him on week-end and in CL against Milan
- PEH is the only senior midfielder, so do we really want him playing 4 games in 11 days?
- Davies also probably needs to be managed

Options
- Richi for Kane, Danjuma for Deki
- Porro for Royal, Perisic for Davies
- Sarr in for PEH

That would be 4 first team changes (5 positions, Son starting)

Further options
- Sanchez in for Romero?

Yep this is the last opportunity to rest some players for a while but its risky playing away at this team. But looking at the schedule I’m not sure we have a choice. Wolves have also got a free week leading up to the game, tbh I’d probably take a point at molineux if it was offered to me now as I’m not convinced about us playing away from home.

chelsea, sunday
Sheff u, weds
Wolves, sat
Milan, weds,
N forrest, sat

For sheffield united I would go with.

Forster
Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Emerson, Hojbjerg, Sarr, Perisic
Danjuma, Kane, Son

If everything goes to plan we can then sub the likes of Emerson, Hojbjerg and Kane.

They play 3-5-2. It's quite different from ours, as with 3 CMs (Norwood, Berge and Fleck), they tend to have some possession
We play 3-4-3 though, the extra forward means we relinquish possession, but hopefully pose more of an attacking threat. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t..

Back