• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

They rotated 8 didn’t they? Rotation wasn’t the problem. I don’t even think selection was that big a problem although I take the point on one of Kane or Kulu starting.

The problem was backbone for me. As you say, we looked the better side without being really threatening. You could see the tide turning second half about 15 mins before they scored. And we couldn’t cope with that. That’s unforgivable and that’s down to the players mainly and the management for me.

Rusty players. Defensively we lacked confidence on our right, which is normal for players who aren't in the groove and fluid. Porro a little unlucky not to get a home debut. But he showed some of his attacking determination at least. Still getting up to speed. Sanchez, always getting up to speed! He needs to drop down a level and play every week, and he'd be a decent CB.

Have to credit their deep defensive line. Only Moura really opened them up first half. But some abject finishing, a lack of ruthlessness in attack was the real problem. Son, Dier, Kane, Richarlison, Perisic, Moura all could have done better in the box.

Last edited:
The problem was backbone for me. As you say, we looked the better side without being really threatening. You could see the tide turning second half about 15 mins before they scored. And we couldn’t cope with that. That’s unforgivable and that’s down to the players mainly and the management for me.

Absolutely. I called it at the time. We are so weak mentally it’s untrue. And it is repeat behaviour. Why is that? Lack of leadership? Lack of “character” within the team?

As well as missing Conte, we do miss Bentancur. His cool to advance the game and pick a pass. No criticism of Sarr, his range of passing and ability on the ball is impressive. Only 20 and already a valid first-team player you can trust.

They rotated 8 didn’t they? Rotation wasn’t the problem. I don’t even think selection was that big a problem although I take the point on one of Kane or Kulu starting.

That 15 minutes you talk about is also what happened vs boro
Our attack was so limp they got a confidence boost and thought hey, we can win this

We did need some rotation too. Maybe it was too much rotation, but easy to say in hindsight. We had enough play to score. We were the more dominant team but weren't cut-throat. And that is an issue with this squads mentality. They need to have a collective determination to put such sides to the sword. They have the ability, not always the single-minded focus.
It was too much rotation and it was easy to say before the game too. The rotation didn't even make sense.
The 4 players with the most games are Kane, PEH, Dier and Son. He started three of them. He rested players that have played far fewer games.
Kulu, Skipp and Romero have all played far fewer games and were rested.
A back 3 of Romero, Davies and Lenglet would've made more sense and meant less rotation.
Kulu needs game time to get back to his best, he should've played instead of Moura who is leaving in the summer.
PEH needs a rest, it made more sense to go with Skipp and Sarr who played well together against Milan.
There was no reason to play Son both from a performance point of view and how many games he played.
Give Danjuma a chance.

It didn't need hindsight to see which 3-4 players are most in need of a rest. Rest these and then go with a full team for the rest of the team.

Rusty players. Defensively we lacked confidence on our right, which is normal for players who aren't in the groove and fluid. Porro a little unlucky not to get a home debut. But he showed some of his attacking determination at least. Still getting up to speed. Sanchez, always getting up to speed! He needs to drop down a level and play every week, and he'd be a decent CB.

Have to credit their deep defensive line. Only Moura really opened them up first half. But some abject finishing, a lack of ruthlessness in attack was the real problem. Son, Dier, Kane, Richarlison, Perisic, Moura all could have done better in the box.

Sheffield played their plan well. It was incredibly frustrating watching as time and time again they forced us to play the ball wide, because they were sitting so compact in middle, then we'd put a cross in and either it was too long/too heavy, or if it was half decent it was dealt with by their defenders. Then rinse and repeat. You could see it playing out time and time again.

Absolutely. I called it at the time. We are so weak mentally it’s untrue. And it is repeat behaviour. Why is that? Lack of leadership? Lack of “character” within the team?

Wish I knew mate and I'd be banging on Levy's door looking for 15m a year. Same happened up in Boro last year. You could just see they wanted it more than us and they were the only team that was going to win. fudging headwrecking watching it unfold in front of your eyes.

It was too much rotation and it was easy to say before the game too. The rotation didn't even make sense.
The 4 players with the most games are Kane, PEH, Dier and Son. He started three of them. He rested players that have played far fewer games.
Kulu, Skipp and Romero have all played far fewer games and were rested.
A back 3 of Romero, Davies and Lenglet would've made more sense and meant less rotation.
Kulu needs game time to get back to his best, he should've played instead of Moura who is leaving in the summer.
PEH needs a rest, it made more sense to go with Skipp and Sarr who played well together against Milan.
There was no reason to play Son both from a performance point of view and how many games he played.
Give Danjuma a chance.

It didn't need hindsight to see which 3-4 players are most in need of a rest. Rest these and then go with a full team for the rest of the team.

It would have been Skipps third game in a week. Don’t want to break him after he’s just got back into the groove. Sarr and PEH was logical.

In hindsight Danjuma for Son - fine. But if the result had been the same you’d be critical. Son needs to find form and is a finisher.

It would have been Skipps third game in a week. Don’t want to break him after he’s just got back into the groove. Sarr and PEH was logical.

In hindsight Danjuma for Son - fine. But if the result had been the same you’d be critical. Son needs to find form and is a finisher.
And how many games has PEH played? It's ok to break him?

And no, I wouldn't have been critical if Danjuma had played instead of Son and the result was the same. Son has been shocking all year and I've been very consistent in wanting him dropped after the first couple of months of the season.
Son does need to find form. He's had 30 starts and 3 sub appearances and hasn't managed to find it by playing, he needs a break and to find that form off the pitch.

And how many games has PEH played? It's ok to break him?

And no, I wouldn't have been critical if Danjuma had played instead of Son and the result was the same. Son has been shocking all year and I've been very consistent in wanting him dropped after the first couple of months of the season.
Son does need to find form. He's had 30 starts and 3 sub appearances and hasn't managed to find it by playing, he needs a break and to find that form off the pitch.

Maybe it’s down the back of his sofa.

Wish I knew mate and I'd be banging on Levy's door looking for 15m a year. Same happened up in Boro last year. You could just see they wanted it more than us and they were the only team that was going to win. fudging headwrecking watching it unfold in front of your eyes.

I think we lack belief in ourselves.
Also think it is amplified hugely when kane is either not playing, playing badly or is well marshalled. They have become to used to Kane bailing us out.

We really were brick.
But if Richarlison had shot on target from 10 yards rather than screaming it over the bar, that probably would have changed the result, feeling, narrative.
I didn't have any confidence at all when Richarlison broke onto that ball, that he would tuck it away. I expected him to slash at it, and he did.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I have only seen it for the first time tonight.

I dont know if anybody has seen it, but there is a 30 second video doing the rounds of the players arriving on Weds night.

If you have not, I strongly recommend you try and find take a look. I have never such a bunch of miserable, disinterested f#ckers in all my life. Not one of them looked like they wanted to be there, there was a severe lack of interaction.
Hard to say from such a short clip, but something certainly did not look right in the camp

Would love to hear from anyone who has seen it

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I have only seen it for the first time tonight.

I dont know if anybody has seen it, but there is a 30 second video doing the rounds of the players arriving on Weds night.

If you have not, I strongly recommend you try and find take a look. I have never such a bunch of miserable, disinterested f#ckers in all my life. Not one of them looked like they wanted to be there, there was a severe lack of interaction.
Hard to say from such a short clip, but something certainly did not look right in the camp

Would love to hear from anyone who has seen it

I’ve not seen the clip, but that’s how I feel about the fa cup too.

I’ve not seen the clip, but that’s how I feel about the fa cup too.

It definitely divides opinion, and I suppose it could all depend on age and upbringing with regards to football.

For me the FA Cup is footballing heritage, there was a time, when I was younger, I could name all the winners from 1901-onwards. The 3rd round draw, FA Cup 3rd round day, and so on and so on.
Granted TV and Sky are sucking the tradition out of it, but I still want Spurs to win it once again, that for me, was why Weds night, and ever other exit in the past 50 years, hurts so much.

Everybody has their own views on it, which has to be respected. I am just worried that there might be some other underlying problem bubbling under the surface after watching that clip

It definitely divides opinion, and I suppose it could all depend on age and upbringing with regards to football.

For me the FA Cup is footballing heritage, there was a time, when I was younger, I could name all the winners from 1901-onwards. The 3rd round draw, FA Cup 3rd round day, and so on and so on.
Granted TV and Sky are sucking the tradition out of it, but I still want Spurs to win it once again, that for me, was why Weds night, and ever other exit in the past 50 years, hurts so much.

Everybody has their own views on it, which has to be respected. I am just worried that there might be some other underlying problem bubbling under the surface after watching that clip

I don't think its age so much, I'm pretty old, I vividly remember the 87 cup final day, and even more so the run in 91.

I keenly remember the decades after that where the CL took over and we were basically irrelevant though.

Had we been in the final, or maybe even the semi, closer to the end of the season, I wouldn't have minded a stronger team, but we have a lot of massive games coming up in a short period, we had to rest people, and this was the logical game to do it in.

Back