• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

I do somewhat agree with you however - when the team is good enough it will succeed, easier to win domestic cups than the CL or PL so they will usually come first but they aren’t in any way a contributing factor to winning the big two should they follow.

It certainly hasn't been for us. The last 2 league cup wins didn't see us kick on at all. Probably because we didn't build on them with the right investment on the playing side.

It was still nice to win the trophies though.

Yep. I agree. It comes from the very top of the club and works its way down. Winning trophies is not important at our club, that isn’t the case at the rest of the ‘top 6’

I don't think thats true, I think if anything targeting success is more important here, we are getting far more "success" for our financial/ethical outlay than those other clubs.

Are we measuring top speed in an endurance event?

I don't think thats true, I think if anything targeting success is more important here, we are getting far more "success" for our financial/ethical outlay than those other clubs.

An endurance event requires stamina and a plan
We will lose some of that stamina with the players we have that want to leave to win things

We’ve not had any ‘success’ since beating Chelsea in the League Cup final in 2008.

I guess we could have started with a very strong team and then maybe make up subs once we had a decent lead.
Probably the way to go if you are having to rely on bringing them on anyway.

I always thing for the tone of the game it's easier that way round anyway, easier to tinker to a team playing positive then not.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

We’ve not had any ‘success’ since beating Chelsea in the League Cup final in 2008.

I wouldn't class that as success, that was a poor season that led to losing a great forward partnership.

Success can be as simple as outperforming expectations, conversely, are you successful if you merely hit them?

Got what we deserved for playing a weakened side against a team who were always gonna be up for it and relished the physical side of the game.

Winced when I saw the defensive lineup.

Richarlison for all of his hard work and brickhousing doesn’t really do anything in terms of goals, assists or general creativity.

Thought Moura was the best of a bad bunch personally and the only positive.

To take @Baleforce's point to an extreme, an exaggeration

Imagine the Russians, Arabs etc have thrown stolen money into our league, to sports wash it...

Imagine if you got £300 for winning the League Cup and £800 for winning the FA Cup and £20m for winning each league match and £400m simply for top 4 i.e. for entering into the CL tournament

You would rightly prioritise the league and trying to get into the top 4

That is an exaggeration but that is the point... little old Spurs who are cleaner than clean and whiter than white cannot compete unless we make it into the top 4. That is the reality when fighting sportswashing.

I wouldn't class that as success, that was a poor season that led to losing a great forward partnership.

Success can be as simple as outperforming expectations, conversely, are you successful if you merely hit them?

The top clubs nick trophies as well as finishing in the top 4. It’s not like we finish in the top 4 every year and have that to fall back on when we don’t win a trophy. The winners of the league cup and FA cup have been largely big 4/6 winners over the last 15-20 years. They may not prioritise them but also don’t thumb their noses at them like we do.

To take @Baleforce's point to an extreme, an exaggeration

Imagine the Russians, Arabs etc have thrown stolen money into our league, to sports wash it...

Imagine if you got £300 for winning the League Cup and £800 for winning the FA Cup and £20m for winning each league match and £400m simply for top 4 i.e. for entering into the CL tournament

You would rightly prioritise the league and trying to get into the top 4

That is an exaggeration but that is the point... little old Spurs who are cleaner than clean and whiter than white cannot compete unless we make it into the top 4. That is the reality when fighting sportswashing.
But we’ve been in the CL as many times as most of the rest of the top 6 in the last 7 years or so and yet still it seems we can’t compete.

The top clubs nick trophies as well as finishing in the top 4. It’s not like we finish in the top 4 every year and have that to fall back on when we don’t win a trophy. The winners of the league cup and FA cup have been largely big 4/6 winners over the last 15-20 years. They may not prioritise them but also don’t thumb their noses at them like we do.

I think they kinda do, but have such an embarrassment of riches that they can rotate more and with less of a drop off in overall performance

Exactly. The biggest team in the country certainly seemed to enjoy winning the little old League Cup last weekend yet we are too good for it?

Back