• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey - off to Seattle?

A good idea to sell Dempsey?

• Total voters
Re: Dempsey on the Transfer List?

Would be a shame to see him go. I think he is just the sort of player we need who won't be slamming doors when he isn't in the team and is all about coming on and making his contribution. In order to be a success you need a certain number of players like this who are willing to sacrifice their own gametime in the interests of the greater good.

Would be a shame to see him go. I think he is just the sort of player we need who won't be slamming doors when he isn't in the team and is all about coming on and making his contribution. In order to be a success you need a certain number of players like this who are willing to sacrifice their own gametime in the interests of the greater good.

Exactly ..

Also, why does anyone think we can get Baines, if United w/Moyes can't get him, why would he be sold to Spurs?

Exactly ..

Also, why does anyone think we can get Baines, if United w/Moyes can't get him, why would he be sold to Spurs?

I dunno although as a player he might think that he would be a definite first choice at Spurs whereas at United he might have to rotate for the next couple of years. To me though its not about the swap anyway. I just think why get rid of someone who is happy, or so it seems just to be at our club and play his part. Whoever you bring in to replace him is likely to have expectations on playing very regularly which could impact upon overall morale within the squad.

1. No evidence United have made a formal offer for Baines since Moyes arrived.
2. Moyes is a decent bloke and it wouldn't surprise me to hear he had agreed not to take Everton's main asset when he was allowed to walk.
3. If Bale goes, we are going to be in a position whereby we can pay more than we would and more than the actual value of a player or two to secure their services. We can afford to do that because of the tens of millions we'll have made on Bale. I would be happy to see us pay Dempsey plus 15m for Baines.
4. Baines would see us as a step up and knows that he'd be a guaranteed starter.

Other than that, no reason to think we could get him.

Exactly, knows how to score a goal as well which is always important, especially in our team... Soldado's arrival shouldn't change that. Plus I think Dempsey would be a great mentor for Sigurdsson.

ESPN, citing multiple unnamed sources, is reporting the Sounders and Tottenham are finalizing the transfer of U.S. men’s national team star Clint Dempsey and Seattle could introduce the new addition as soon as Saturday.

Daily Mail claiming Everton also want him.

would be disappointed if we sold Dempsey, unles it was for more than £5,000,000 of course.

But i'd much rathwer we kept him than Defoe.

would be disappointed if we sold Dempsey, unles it was for more than £5,000,000 of course.

But i'd much rathwer we kept him than Defoe.

This. We'd probably get more money for Defoe too. An Dempsey might keep up any the US Marketing effect as well

Tottenham have agreed a deal to sell Clint Dempsey to MLS club Seattle Sounders.

Seattle's west-coast rivals LA Galaxy are understood to have expressed a late interest, but USA international Dempsey is expected to confirm his move 'home' within the next few days.

The Texas-born former Fulham star asked to leave the White Hart Lane club after just one season, having realised he will not be part of Andre Villas-Boas’ strongest team.

The arrival of Valencia striker Roberto Soldado is imminent, but the north Londoners are keen to bring in at least one more striker AND an attacking midfielder.

Dempsey, who played two years in MLS for New England Revolution before joining Fulham in 20007, has flown to the States rather than be part of Spurs' Saturday friendly away to Monaco.

Earlier this week, Seattle coach Sigi Schmid confirmed he had already spoken to Dempsey while the attacking midfielder was in the USA on international duty.

Schmid said: “I know Clint. I talked to him when he was here when he was playing against Panama.”

Should Dempsey opt for the Galaxy instead, he will link up with former Tottenham stars Carlo Cudicini and Robbie Keane.

I am more happy for him to go to the US than Everton (I'm trying to keep myself positive....). For sure he would score a game winning goal (or two) against us if hes going to the Evertonians.... Will still miss you Dempsey :(

This is really getting me down...Losing Bale and Dempsey, these are two guys who are proven premiership goal scorers at the highest level. I know we have brought in some quality new signings, but they are all unproven in the EPL. That is the key we need players like Dempsey and Bale to be around the new guys while they bed in.

Our team is gonna be in transition again, just when we were ready to put right the wrongs of last season. All we needed was two or three quality additions to an already impressive squad. but now we have to start again.

Dempsey seemed like a no-nonsense hard nose kind of guy, who just comes in to the team and does his brick . ie score vital goals against the big boys. He also new how to win vital free-kicks and could take a good clattering. No-nonsense just get on with it!!!

I feel we're gonna be a bit light up top, in terms of clinical drive and having the opposition fear us. Even though Sigg is better technically, this is the main difference between him an Dempsey. Dempsey just doesn't care if the ball is not falling for him, he gets on with it until he does score. Where as Sigg tries too hard to impress.

Feeling very low at the moment, need the season to start so that I can start cheering, ranting, swearing, screaming and groaning. I need to see my beloved THFC start playing, I hate the summer!!!!!!!!

Good luck Dempsey and thank you for your efforts last season.

wont forget your goal at old Trafford in a hurry.....sent me mental......

All the best to the lad.

said in other thread I wouldn't be surprised if he went - he is 30 in w/c year he needs to be playing - this is good for demspey and should mean siggy & Townsend get their opportunity.

I personally won't forget Dempseys winner at Old Trafford, late equaliser against United at The Lane, his two goals against Basel away from home in a game that looked like just not going our way.

Why? I'd like Defoe kept around (let him retire with the club, if he wants to: I feel he's earned at least that), but Dempsey was one I firmly believed could be the difference between a good season and a potentially great one, just because of the squad cover he offers, his sheer versatility and his ability to get goals out of nothing.

Sigh. I suppose he wants to go, so it wasn't really our decision to push him out or anything. But still, it's a tad depressing. If he does go, then farewell, Clint. I will never forget the fact that you were one of the main reasons we beat United away and drew at home, capping an unbeaten season against them for the first time in ages.

Tottenham have agreed a deal to sell Clint Dempsey to MLS club Seattle Sounders.

Seattle's west-coast rivals LA Galaxy are understood to have expressed a late interest, but USA international Dempsey is expected to confirm his move 'home' within the next few days.

The Texas-born former Fulham star asked to leave the White Hart Lane club after just one season, having realised he will not be part of Andre Villas-Boas’ strongest team.

The arrival of Valencia striker Roberto Soldado is imminent, but the north Londoners are keen to bring in at least one more striker AND an attacking midfielder.

Dempsey, who played two years in MLS for New England Revolution before joining Fulham in 20007, has flown to the States rather than be part of Spurs' Saturday friendly away to Monaco.

Earlier this week, Seattle coach Sigi Schmid confirmed he had already spoken to Dempsey while the attacking midfielder was in the USA on international duty.

Schmid said: “I know Clint. I talked to him when he was here when he was playing against Panama.”

Should Dempsey opt for the Galaxy instead, he will link up with former Tottenham stars Carlo Cudicini and Robbie Keane.

Link?

Siggi next IMO

nah got big hopes for siggy.....a younger Dempsey by all accounts......he will fight it out this season and then review it at the end of the season imo.....could be wrong.....

Back