• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey - off to Seattle?

A good idea to sell Dempsey?

• Total voters
Re: Dempsey Sold To Seattle Sounders For $9 Million

Now this sale, if true, tinkles me off. I liked Dempsey, he scored key goals, and was a valuable member of the SQUAD.

Hope AVB and Baldini haven't forgotten that we need a squad. Now we have to replace Dempsey (and Caulker) and I very much doubt we'll get a player of his quality for so cheap.

Seems like a deal conducted without too much thinking, unless Dempsey particularly wanted to leave and had made a transfer request.

Unless Dempsey specifically asked to move back, I don't really understand or like this tbh.

He's a good squad player, didn't complain as far as I remember about being on the bench, scored important goals and I'm sure he helped raise our profile in the US as well.

And 9 million dollars isn't a huge amount of money either.

The reports say Seattle were the only team willing to cough up 9 million, whist others like West Brom and Everton are interested. If he is to sign for a MLS team, the transfer has to be concluded by August 8th.

Disappointed, Holtby may be expected to take his role in the squad rather than us seeking a tough replacement

Unless Dempsey specifically asked to move back, I don't really understand or like this tbh.

He's a good squad player, didn't complain as far as I remember about being on the bench, scored important goals and I'm sure he helped raise our profile in the US as well.

thats about what we paid for him....i think the big attraction for him is the salary at Seattle....humongous!!

But what's the big attraction for us selling him?

Stop gap. If he's sold, it would indicate that we will try and bring in more players.

But it's unlikely that we'll sign a player of Dempsey's quality for less than $9m which makes the deal pointless. Unless, of course, we find a younger version but...at the low price? Unlikely.

Stop gap. If he's sold, it would indicate that we will try and bring in more players.

We've already brought in 3 players, sold Caulker, possibly Bale and at least 1 or 2 of Parker, Huddlestone or Livermore will leave as well. And we released Gallas.

Part of the reason we've done well recently imo i that we haven't had a large turnover. We shouldn't be messing too much with the squad players imo.

It's a world cup year
spurs have strengthened and his chances will be limited
it's a chance for him to go back to the US and be a poster boy for the MLS
big salary
spurs break even

in short, yes. Win win for all.

Re: Dempsey on the Transfer List?

Let's keep this over here and in with the rest of the Dempsey transfer talk until it is official

But it's unlikely that we'll sign a player of Dempsey's quality for less than $9m which makes the deal pointless. Unless, of course, we find a younger version but...at the low price? Unlikely.

Making way for Christian Eriksen or some other creative player - or giving more room for Siggy / Holtby / Paulinho / Hudd. The cash injection would do good if we are to invest in a more expensive player with a possible windfall from the -ae- sale (I am superstitious about mentioning the whole name), such as the duo from Roma. We certainly have enough players in thie area, and ideally would be getting shot of Parker, Hudd, Livermore with Carroll coming along nicely as well it seems.

It's a world cup year
spurs have strengthened and his chances will be limited
it's a chance for him to go back to the US and be a poster boy for the MLS
big salary
spurs break even

in short, yes. Win win for all.

Least not forget rotation..I hope we have enough backup....minus - Defoe and Adebayour...hopefully...

I'm surprised by the responses in this thread. During the season, it seemed like he was hated by most.

I'm surprised by the responses in this thread. During the season, it seemed like he was hated by most.

No, only a few with loud voices. The reverse when Crouch was here.

Seems a done deal so I have to thank the Deuce for the United games. I think I was actually more thrilled with the equaliser than the OT goal.

I liked him.

Seems a done deal so I have to thank the Deuce for the United games. I think I was actually more thrilled with the equaliser than the OT goal.

I liked him.

Loathed by idiots, it's a compliment.

Not bothered really; he is replaceable

More excited that (1) we might see a new player or (2) we might see more of Sigg/Holtby or (3) would we really release both Dempsey and Bale?

I liked him.

Strange comment. Were people on Glory Glory really that stupid that they didn't appreciate him? Usually its the haters that are the VERY vocal minority.

Back