• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey - off to Seattle?

A good idea to sell Dempsey?

• Total voters
Re: Dempsey on the Transfer List?

More disappointed about this than Caulker to Cardiff if true... would have been a great option.

According to my friend in Seattle they have been asked to take to their seats 15 minutes earlier tomorrow for a "special pre-match presentation"...

I personally won't forget Dempseys winner at Old Trafford, late equaliser against United at The Lane, his two goals against Basel away from home in a game that looked like just not going our way.

Same here. Didn't score many goals for us but those 2 goals against ManU are priceless, especially at ManU. Can't believe that after getting after our first win at ManU since 1989, 2 of our 3 goal scorers in that match may not be with Spurs next season. I think Dempsey's main weakness last season was he didn't score many goals and most of them were tap-ins. But unless he wants to leave himself, we should keep him atleast 1 more season to see how he performs.

Dempsey Sold To Seattle Sounders For $9 Million

080213-Soccer-Clint-Dempsey-LEAP-OF-FAITH-PI-JA_20130802220625945_660_320.JPG

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2013/8/2/4583928/clint-dempsey-sounders-tottenham-transfer?

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...atest-news-rumors-tottenham-spurs-usmnt-usa/?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/clint-dempsey-seattle-huge-win-for-mls/

Pretty big sources above in the American press- expect official UK confirmation once the Spurs.co.uk website admins are awake Greenwich time. :)

I think this is good move and deal, since I could never see him as a long term player for Spurs. He was good at times, but never close to world class - and didn't play the prefered Tottenham way with flourish and flair. He is also 30, whereupon his value would be declining with every year that passes. We paid $9 million for him on deadline day last year, so we only lose $500,000, which was well worth his contribution (ala Man Utd especially). I hope he enjoyed his brief experience at the lane.

Also note that he gets $32 million over the next 4 seasons - giving him a bigger salary than Beckham and Henry :) (making him the highest ever paid soccer player there). Perhaps hard to turn down indeed.

More cash in the coffers.

BQoMUMUCMAAGzp4.jpg

And as a humorous postscript: http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/57170995198/us-soccer-fans-lose-their-minds-over-dempseywatch

The man is a king of kings stateside. Frenzied reaction amongst MLS fans, but also disappointment for some, which sees this as a mercenary move which will affect his playing ability at the international level.

Last edited:
Re: Dempsey Sold To Seattle Sounders For $9 Million

Good business but sad to see him go .

I am not sure everyone in the team has to be world class , we do not have a nouveau richer or a sugar daddy , we cant't bring in whoever we want . You need top , best players in the team but thetefore should be room for squad players like deuce.

And were the whole team playing the prefered Tottenham way with flourish and flair last season?

100k a week wages! No wonder he went.

us $, makes it 65k in £
But yes, he was highly paid. Around same as Pienaar before him.
60 is our new standard wage for first teamers it seems, what used to be 40 at Spurs.

Scored a lot of scruffy goals last season, our second most effective player for minutes played. I think he has a lot more to give, we certainly didn't see him at his best last year. But then we've got to trim the squad, he's rarely going to start and this is reasonable money for him so I suppose if there's an offer on the table and he wants to go then it's good business.
Sorry to see him go but can understand it.

Wish we can keep him for 1 more season just to remember his goals against ManU. My 6 yo nephew is a big fan of Dempsey. He is going to be very disappointed to hear this. If we are letting Dempsey go, hope we will find a better replacement for him.

It's a great shame to see Dempsey leave Spurs, as I thought he had a very good 2012-13 season and never really got the credit due to him.

I wish him all the best for the future.

Just plain wrong. Football, Association Football, never soccer.

Although I agree we shouldn't ever call our beloved sport anything other than football. The sport was generally know as soccer before it was commonly known as football. this was due to many forms of football, the most obvious being rugby football and association football, with the namnes given to each being 'rugger' and 'assoccer' then shorterned to soccer.

Bad times, was one of our better players last season.

If Bale also leaves i think we'll struggle to get int he top four no matter who we buy, as the amount of change to our first team will have been massive this season.

Still not official though, is it?

The OS seems more concerned about putzing about with loyalty points.

No doubt, in the fullness of time, they'll get round to mentioning the fact that one of our star players has been transferred.

Back