• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey - off to Seattle?

A good idea to sell Dempsey?

• Total voters
Re: Dempsey on the Transfer List?

Dempsey and Ade rumored to be on their way out must surely mean we have a forward (or two) close to coming in

Yep... I look at it as positive. We would be bleeding stupid to let him go if we haven't a major upgrade in the pipeline almost ready to unveil. He will always have a place in my heart for the Man Utd games.

Unless he wants to go, I see no reason why we should sell him. Would be a strange move.

Yep... I look at it as positive. We would be bleeding stupid to let him go if we haven't a major upgrade in the pipeline almost ready to unveil. He will always have a place in my heart for the Man Utd games.

I bloody hope so.

fraizer_campbell_1113077c.jpg

Can anyone see him fitting into the proposed 4-3-3 system that it seems we will be playing? I can't. He did score some important goals for us, but I won't be overly disappointed that he is going. Was a rushed signing, probably 3rd or 4th choice of transfers to begin with, so not surprised if this is true

You mean a bit like the one he played on the left of for Fulham? The formation suits him, though I'd still like to upgrade/promote Siggy above him.

That he covers as a 3rd CF though means he's valuable to keep around. I think Under Armour like us having the star of the US national team too.

Swapping him for a young left inside forward who can also be a back-up CF, like Rebic, wouldn't be the worst piece of business though.

He scores, including the scrappy goals, has good workrate, good utility player and probably helps with building our American fanbase.

Would be a completely stupid move unless we had 3+ new strikers coming in.

This guy deserves to be part of our team for the rest of his damn career. A winner at Old Trafford and an equaliser against them at home in the dying moments? Legend.

Mistake to sell him. An above-average squad player who would almost certainly get plenty of game time with us this season, even if he's not in the first eleven every week. But if he's determined to be a "first eleven" player, and if AVB has suggested to him that he probably won't achieve that at Spurs, then I can hardly blame him for wanting a move.

He's good to have around the squad. All the greatest teams had decent players who maybe weren't top class, but could come on and nick a goal and were hard-working pros. I'm thinking of the likes of Solskjaer for Man U in their classic 90s teams.

Dempsey is that player for us, unless he wants a starting role...

For the reasons listed above, he's a hero in my book as well. I'm glad you guys warmed up to him, he's a good character and very hard-worker. I've had my fair share of frustrations with him too since he sometimes went invisible in games, but he did lack a pre-season so if he stays this season, he should hit the ground running.

See, I wouldn't be averse to him going, but would be interested to see who we would replace him with first. It's a bit chicken and egg really. He's certainly not a bad squad player to have and made some very important contributions last year, but not convinced he influences games as much as someone in his position probably should.

Was this from a trusted ITK source?

From someone who backed him from the start for what he does (and did) and not what he doesn't (couldn't) do, I would PERSONALLY be sorry to see him leave. I suspect he is not being particularly hard-touted, but that all concerned have agreed that IF the right option comes in for us to sign/is on the table, and IF the right situation arises for Dempsey, then a deal would be done.

Hopefully. Would be funny if we sold them and our lined up strikers didnt materialise haha.

Id have kept Dempsey as he isnt really a striker then again I dont think he can play on either side of the front three - hence selling him. Ade can fudge off really.

It would be very far from funny but par for the course for us.

This guy deserves to be part of our team for the rest of his damn career. A winner at Old Trafford and an equaliser against them at home in the dying moments? Legend.

On that basis? Two fudging goals? you are obviously on a wind up.

Interestingly you have intimated in the past that you would be happy to see the back of Danny Rose despite the amazing goal against the Goons

Back