• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey - off to Seattle?

A good idea to sell Dempsey?

• Total voters

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
I'm hearing that Spurs have put Clint Dempsey on the Transfer List.

Can this possibly be true?

If so, I think it's a terrible decision, as he played very well for us last season and made some telling contributions to the cause.

Re: Dempsey on the Transfer List?

He was always going to be a stop gap signing so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

I warmed to him as the season went on, liked him a lot last season.

Think it would be a shame to let him go. Though he's not the most gifted player in the world i think he's still a useful option to have around and did score a few important goals last season. We're going to need to keep a few "squad members".

I'll admit Dempsey popped up with a few vital goals, but for me his overall contribution to the season was average at best. I always thought he did well for Fulham but he once he arrived at Spurs his performances came under my microscope more and I can't say I was impressed. He's a decent player that played the right way knows where the back of the goal is but in my opinion I don't he works at Tottenham, so if he is up for sale I can't say I am surprised or disappointed.

The only positive thing Dempsey leaving would bring is more game time for Sig.

IF we are about to bring in this other winger, then I wouldn't want Winger 1 plus Dempsey preventing Sig from getting into the first team as I really rate him and I hope we are going to take his development seriously.

Its a shame if Dempsey is going to leave: I too liked him and think he is a fantastic option. Commercially it seems like a bit of strange timing with us obviously trying to make a bit of a splash in America, but obviously AVB's needs for his squad dictate the ins and out, not a billboard Tallahassee Florida.

he never looked happy at being at Spurs......I think he had his heart set on a move to Liverpool but Fulham refused to deal with them and Spurs swooped at the last minute

I'll admit Dempsey popped up with a few vital goals, but for me his overall contribution to the season was average at best. I always thought he did well for Fulham but he once he arrived at Spurs his performances came under my microscope more and I can't say I was impressed. He's a decent player that played the right way knows where the back of the goal is but in my opinion I don't he works at Tottenham, so if he is up for sale I can't say I am surprised or disappointed.

Aside from Bale, Dempsey had the best record for Goals & Assists for Spurs last season...

P0302_zps5d55084b.png

...with an average of 138 minutes played for every vital goal contribution.

After his first few games i think he was one of our better players this season. Scored a number of vital goals, got involved, and mostly from the left rather than the AM position.

Whether we keep him or not would in my mind depend on formations. I would not be against giving Sigurdsson more game time on that left side in a 4-2-3-1. I think he would come good.

I thought a loan was mentioned, which would make no sense. Either sell him or keep him. I would rather keep, but i could understand if there was not going to be much game time for him.

Aside from Bale, Dempsey had the best record for Goals & Assists for Spurs last season...

P0302_zps5d55084b.png

...with an average of 138 minutes played for every vital goal contribution.

Was going to say that he didn't seem that great, but those statistics are quite spursing!

Cant control a football but selling the only player who can find the net would be absurd. Especially no one can finish in the team.

Unless we have 2 or 3 new strikers lined up.

Can anyone see him fitting into the proposed 4-3-3 system that it seems we will be playing? I can't. He did score some important goals for us, but I won't be overly disappointed that he is going. Was a rushed signing, probably 3rd or 4th choice of transfers to begin with, so not surprised if this is true

I wouldnt sell him but also dont think he is good enough for first team as a starter. A great player to come on as a sub,. I imagine AVB may have mentioned that to him and Dempsey, rightly so, wants first team football. If we break even on him it would be decent business.

Always followed up the shot and was always in the right place for tap ins, we won't realise that we miss a player that can do this until he's gone.

Always followed up the shot and was always in the right place for tap ins, we won't realise that we miss a player that can do this until he's gone.

Good point, he did seem to be in the right place a lot of the time. Home and away against Man Utd for example. I used to think he was a number 10 at Fulham, but for us I thought his best position was coming in from the left, arriving late in the box unmarked. If he stays it will be as a back up, and credit to him if he wants to leave for first team football

Dempsey and Ade rumored to be on their way out must surely mean we have a forward (or two) close to coming in

Dempsey and Ade rumored to be on their way out must surely mean we have a forward (or two) close to coming in

Hopefully. Would be funny if we sold them and our lined up strikers didnt materialise haha.

Id have kept Dempsey as he isnt really a striker then again I dont think he can play on either side of the front three - hence selling him. Ade can fudge off really.

agreed, I think selling him would be a mistake

Back