• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Final - Germany vs Argentina

I hope I'm wrong but I can see an Argentina win here...

1) Argentina, even though it looks otherwise, have a good defence
2) They will be extra motivated to win it in their rivals backyard, plus may feel they are representing South America against a European juggernaught (if Germany win that will be a hat-trick of UEFA Countries winning the world cup)
3) Germans, despite all the good football they've played over the recent years, have recently been serial chokers (both internationally and, well see the champions league final of that season...)
4) When all is said and done, Germany do not have many recognised strikers. Argentina do. Often in cup finals, that can make all the difference.

Like I say, I hope I'm wrong, but I can see a 3-1 win to the Argies

I just don't get this. I think that what they have been is consistent in getting to the latter stages of competitions. That is especially impressive when you think that this team is really only coming together now and they haven't always had the best sides in the past twenty years.

I just don't get this. I think that what they have been is consistent in getting to the latter stages of competitions. That is especially impressive when you think that this team is really only coming together now and they haven't always had the best sides in the past twenty years.

I think the point is that they keep getting to the latter stages, but falling at the final hurdle or the 2nd hurdle from the end.

Really hope Argentina win, always liked them and really want them to win for Messi's sake. If he wins tonight, it's him and Maradona as the two greatest players of all time.

seen as he's been **** so far it's prudent to some coin on Ozil scoring

just one of many stupid bets I've had on this game

I think the point is that they keep getting to the latter stages, but falling at the final hurdle or the 2nd hurdle from the end.

Yes but they have been on a rebuilding exercise since we beat them 5-1 and they have only really seen the results of that in the last two tournaments.

Only two footballers have played in the World Cup Final, 12 years apart.

Pele and Klose.

Germany really missing Khedira in the middle. Clever but typical by Argentina to take out Kramer on top of that.

Back