• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Final - Germany vs Argentina

Luckily for Argentina they have better defenders than David Luiz.

It helps when the defender considers himself a defender.

David Luiz's post-game interview:

[video=youtube;_D1Tted-R0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D1Tted-R0g[/video]

"I never wanted to be a defender I just want to score, so I always go forward in these big games. It's either that, or rely on Fred. I forgot Silva was suspended. I left defense to Maicon - I'm sorry."

"It's humiliating how we lost. It's okay for Paulinho, this happens at his club. It's not rare for Spurs to concede four goals in six minutes."

"I still have a home in Springfield. Which is lucky, because I can't stay in Brazil at the moment."

"I am still a good footballer -ish-. Not worse than Mitroglu. He cost Fulham around 12 million. Not playing for Fulham is something to be thankful for."

:lol:

pant wettingly excited

Germany look better but no European side has won it in South America, big mental hurdle, Aguero is back, and Messi loves a final

and you really think that will worry the Germans???????? :eek:

Germany have been by far the best team in the tournament so far and I seriously do not see Argentina beating them. Messi will be locked up close by both Schweinsteiger and Khedira and Muller and Klose will run riot on the Argentinian defence.

you can never write off a player like messi. even under the most demanding situations, he just might still score.

that said i noticed the the ball looks quite bouncy and rolls fast, and doesn't favour dribblers. Germany play short-medium quick passes effortlessly taking advantage of the ball characteristics very well.

I don't think anyone is writing off Messi, but he is only one player and even he can be marginalised with a good team plan. The rest of the Argentinian side haven't come up with much offensively. In contrast the Germans can't so easily be subdued, they have lots of players contributing and have managed quite well without much from Ozil.

Luckily for Argentina they have better defenders than David Luiz.

I don't rate the Argentinian defence. If Germany are a slick and patient in front of goal on Sunday as they were on Tuesday, I cannot see Argentina being able to keep them out.

I don't rate the Argentinian defence. If Germany are a slick and patient in front of goal on Sunday as they were on Tuesday, I cannot see Argentina being able to keep them out.

I would suggest it is no worse than the German defence

Personally I think the best player in the word is going to turn up on Sunday

I hope so, it is the one thing that is missing from his career and it is probably his last chance to have a career defining performance. I do not mind who wins on Sunday, I just want a great game to finish off what has been a brilliant World Cup.

As bad as it may seem to you they have still managed 7 clean sheets in their 9 matches in 2014

Ironically we are the only team to score more than one goal past them this year

Last edited:
I think Garay is absolutely brilliant. He's up there in terms of best centre backs in the world. Cannot believe he's gone to Zenit.

Rojo looks really interesting. Very athletic, confident but needs a Mascherano to cover the holes he might leave.

I think Zabaleta is one of the best right backs in the world.

Demechelis despite being laughed at is no mug. You don't play at Bayern for as long as he did by being sh*t.

I think they also are happy to stifle Germany. It's a real shame Di Maria is most likely out because Sabella was clearly happy at the start of the tournament to play defensively and let Di Maria, Messi and Aguero go to town. Unfortunately Messi has been let down.

DHSF, about Messi and Argentinas reliance on him. He was involved in 7 of their 8 goals. That's either assisted or scored. He is vital to everything they do. Without Messi Argentina would not be close to this final.

Messi v Maradona. I know the world is fixated on this point. If Messi inspires Argentina to the world cup, surely he has to be considered as one of the best of all time. Or should he? He's won everything, and he's been integral to all those successes. Four times world player of the year (2009-20012).

I constantly debate with a friend who will argue with anyone until he is blue in the face that Maradona is simply the greatest there ever has been. His biggest argument for Messi not being quite the greatest is the fact that he doesn't run games. Maradona undoubtedly ran games. Zidane ran games. Personally I don't think he is that type of player to run a game. He is the difference maker. He will win you the game. At Barca he had Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets who "ran" the team. Controlled the tempo. Earlier in his Argentinian career he had Veron and Riquelme. Riquelme and Messi together in the Olympics was simply a joy to watch.

I think Sabella now wants the entire Argentina game to go through Messi. I don't think that comes naturally to him. He comes deeper and most attacks build through him. But I don't think at times he controls the game enough. I have a feeling he may be asked to do that now at Barca with the signing of Suarez.

Whether he is going to be remembered as the greatest that ever played the game or not remains to be seen. But if he wins this world cup and is the reason they do, his name will definitely be in the running.

I hope Argentina win it, but my head says Germany. They've been the best team in this tournament by far. Argentina have been surprisingly solid defensively, but have disappointed me offensively. Narrow wins all the way and not a lot of sexy football. They are clever in their approach though. Could easily go to penalties, and we all know who'll win that ...

I think it could be one of those games where it doesn't fall right for them, how often do you see a side absolutely batter someone then come up blank next time out. Germany could be wishing for just one of those goals from the semi, meanwhile Argentina get one off Higuains **** or win it on pens or something.

Messi v Maradona. I know the world is fixated on this point. If Messi inspires Argentina to the world cup, surely he has to be considered as one of the best of all time. Or should he? He's won everything, and he's been integral to all those successes. Four times world player of the year (2009-20012).

I constantly debate with a friend who will argue with anyone until he is blue in the face that Maradona is simply the greatest there ever has been. His biggest argument for Messi not being quite the greatest is the fact that he doesn't run games. Maradona undoubtedly ran games. Zidane ran games. Personally I don't think he is that type of player to run a game. He is the difference maker. He will win you the game. At Barca he had Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets who "ran" the team. Controlled the tempo. Earlier in his Argentinian career he had Veron and Riquelme. Riquelme and Messi together in the Olympics was simply a joy to watch.

I think Sabella now wants the entire Argentina game to go through Messi. I don't think that comes naturally to him. He comes deeper and most attacks build through him. But I don't think at times he controls the game enough. I have a feeling he may be asked to do that now at Barca with the signing of Suarez.

Whether he is going to be remembered as the greatest that ever played the game or not remains to be seen. But if he wins this world cup and is the reason they do, his name will definitely be in the running.
Some really good points there Diego. The Dutch managed to stiffle him on Wednesday, it will be interesting to see if the Germans follow similar tactics or just try to get at them.

I think that the German defence is better and I think that the Germans are set up better as a team.

I have seen nothing to suggest they have a better defence. I agree however that they are set up better. Messi comes too deep because they lack a central play maker. But is just one game so it means nothing if Messi delivers a special performance. I also think Argentina have the best defensive midfielder in the tournament

Back