• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Final - Germany vs Argentina

If we're only talking club level then I think Messi's hundreds of goals far outweigh 1 extra league title.
Messi just turned 27 though, Xavi is 34 and rumoured to be leaving the big leagues.
How about the four times world player of the year trophies?

All true facts, I only replied to the question of naming a player who had won more, at no point did I say Xavi was better than Messi or discounted whayt he had achieved. I could easily have picked Iniesta or Victor Valdez who have both won World Cup/s in addition to matching Messi's tally of trophies.

On reflection I'm pleased the right team won

They were the best team in the tournament

Argentina fouled Germany way too much, Mascherano should have had 4 yellow cards for all his lunging studs first challenges

I don't think Argentina had a shot on target all game

Kudos to the Germans, you have to hand it to them

On reflection I'm pleased the right team won

They were the best team in the tournament

Argentina fouled Germany way too much, Mascherano should have had 4 yellow cards for all his lunging studs first challenges

I don't think Argentina had a shot on target all game

Kudos to the Germans, you have to hand it to them

Minor point but the Germans fouled more than the Argies. Statistically. 20-16

Minor point but the Germans fouled more than the Argies. Statistically. 20-16

I think Germany had more dirty fouls which went unpunished. Their goalie Neuer tried to do a "Schumacher on Battiston" foul on Higuain by kneeing him on the neck. It was a dangerous foul but was not punished by the ref.

I think Argentina will forever regret not beating Germany to win the WC this time. Argentina have now lost 4 times to Germany in the last 7 WC, including in the last 3 consecutive WCs. It is going to mentally affect them whenever they play Germany in future WCs.

I think Germany had more dirty fouls which went unpunished. Their goalie Neuer tried to do a "Schumacher on Battiston" foul on Higuain by kneeing him on the neck. It was a dangerous foul but was not punished by the ref.

I couldn't believe that either. It should have been a red for Neuer for dangerous play really.

I couldn't believe that either. It should have been a red for Neuer for dangerous play really.

I heard someone say it was a 50/50 and Nerr got the ball, but when it's keeper v outfielder there are no 50/50's. Higuain had effective control of the ball or at least he was positioned to shield the ball. Nerr was able to reach through to punch the ball away but at the same time took Higuain out. Higuain needs to be protected in that situation.

I heard someone say it was a 50/50 and Nerr got the ball, but when it's keeper v outfielder there are no 50/50's. Higuain had effective control of the ball or at least he was positioned to shield the ball. Nerr was able to reach through to punch the ball away but at the same time took Higuain out. Higuain needs to be protected in that situation.

Like someone said, if the keeper can't get the ball without clattering the guy, knee high in the head then he can't legally make the challenge.

should have been a foul and a yellow (i believe?) for endangering an opponent.

Yep, whatever the outcome dangerous play is dangerous play. If an outfield player jumps in two footed and wins the ball it is still red.

Howedes got away with a real nasty one in the first half too, think he may have got booked but should have been red.

I felt the same. Just look at this pic.

article-2690814-1F9F06F500000578-431_634x424.jpg

There is no need for Neuer to go knee up like that. It was a very dangerous jump. Higuain was really stupid to get up immediately looking for the penalty and then to go down again when it was not given. If Higuain had stayed down, maybe it would have forced the ref to take action.

Howedes got away with a real nasty one in the first half too, think he may have got booked but should have been red.

Agreed. Howedes' knee-high tackle on Zabaleta was dangerous and should have been given a red card. Thought the Italian ref was very lenient there.

BscrHgRCEAAxV-I.png

Bscq3B1CUAARXSZ.png

I think this knee-high tackle would have been shown red card 10/10 times in any other match. Maybe the ref was told by FIFA not to give any red card to spoil the Final. But Zabaleta was stupid not to create a scene out of that tackle. If he had rolled down on the field multiple times like all other players, maybe the ref would have been forced to give a red card. I think Argentina were too naive not to make a meal out of these kind of dangerous fouls.

Last edited:
Podolski is the German John Terry, he played about 3 mins in the tournament yet is in every single picture, the first to be on tv, the lot, odious prick

yeah this. used to think neuer was an excellent keeper until now. fuggin dirty bastard.

Back