• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United OMT ***

i'm not saying he is a passenger but the reason we are so good is because of the work the midfield 3 of Dembele, Alli and Dier put in and the no nonsense tackling. We lose Alli which played the number 10 tonight which means if Lamela is back Eriksen plays number 10 with Lamela and Son either side. Eriksen is not as effective at winning the ball back that Alli is.

No but he is better at bringing other players into play. There's room for more than one type of player in this side (as Dembele has proved over the last few weeks) and we are a weaker team when Eriksen is not in it.

It is going to be an interesting selection in the next couple of games. I am not taking Thursday lightly but I wonder whether we could see something like Son, Mason and Lamela behind Kane.

Just in from the game, no thanks to southern railway.

The train was the worse part of a great day, got to be the best I have ever seen us play. Usually when we put in good performances it is against bad teams, but this west ham are a good side.

We have out played Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Man u this season, starting to get nervous about some of the thoughts I am having.:)

i'm not saying he is a passenger but the reason we are so good is because of the work the midfield 3 of Dembele, Alli and Dier put in and the no nonsense tackling. We lose Alli which played the number 10 tonight which means if Lamela is back Eriksen plays number 10 with Lamela and Son either side. Eriksen is not as effective at winning the ball back that Alli is.

Lamela might just play as the number 10, with Eriksen and Son playing the same positions as today. Lamela's athleticism is excellent and his defensive work has improved this season. He puts in as many tackles as anybody right now too.

What a day, what an atmosphere too, the mockery of their fans for pretty much 60 minutes was just brilliant

If we are ever to win the league it could be this year, especially if Levy gives Poch money in January to strengthen too, we can beat anybody and usually do

The future is bright, the future is lillywhite

Laurel-and-Hardy-Sssh.jpg

Just in from the game, no thanks to southern railway.

The train was the worse part of a great day, got to be the best I have ever seen us play. Usually when we put in good performances it is against bad teams, but this west ham are a good side.

We have out played Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Man u this season, starting to get nervous about some of the thoughts I am having.:)

Congratulations on catching up with the rest of us, we've been nervous about your thoughts for years ;)

Another game that we were concerned about and another one where we outplayed our opponent and were by far the better side. I don't know what this means in the long run, but having been the better team in every one of our 13 league games thus far, no matter who or what the style of the opposition, sure makes me dream of big things, perhaps much bigger than just top 4 (and if we hadn't dropped those 4-6 points in the first games, I wouldn't even call it dreaming).

Our next game is against Chelski and we are obviously concerned about that one too. But if it turns out to be anything like today, then I have to say that I will stop dreaming and start expecting us to do so much more than anyone would have dared to imagine at the beginning of this season. And my only concern would be whether this promising coach we have would be OK with managing this team for the next 20-25 years.

Great performance today and probably the most enjoyable game of the season in terms of just watching Tottenham PLAY.

There was a toughness, solidity and confidence about us today that bordered on friendly bullying. We seemed bigger, better, stronger, faster all over the pitch and thats without taking into account the ball playing skills advantage we had/have man for man too.

You could theoretically put the Emirates Marketing Project result down to a freak or everything clicking into place and them having an off day if you really wanted, but today we were simply great.

Most teams struggle when their best players are missing. Just look at City's record without Kompany/Silva. Even with all the spending on big players, they look very ordinary without one of them, and totally lost with both of them out.

Every team is weaker without the world class players, particularly those who have those players to bring them up to a higher level (like we were with Bale and City are with Aguero/silva and Kompany)

The key for us be is we operate as a team and a unit. The sum of the parts is greater than the individuals. We do lack cover for Kane but he is a machine and to date has been very fit. The new training under Poch has had a huge impact as everyone keeps up to a certain level and its higher than the oppositions in every game so far.

We will miss some players due to injuries and suspensions but there is no reason why we can't maintain this level of consistency if not results with the right training, rest and luck

Most teams struggle when their best players are missing. Just look at City's record without Kompany/Silva. Even with all the spending on big players, they look very ordinary without one of them, and totally lost with both of them out.

Well, can't really argue with that, but that doesn't invalidate the fact that we're still pretty thin cover-wise: ideally, we'd have a second pairing like Jan-Toby that we could just rotate in and out, but I doubt we could buy a partnership that possesses the chemistry that those two presently have. Still, the greater risk is Kane: if he's gone, we're screwed, since, far from having inadequate cover, we actually have close to no cover (without repurposing Chadli or playing players with different attributes up top, like N'Jie and Son).

Well, can't really argue with that, but that doesn't invalidate the fact that we're still pretty thin cover-wise: ideally, we'd have a second pairing like Jan-Toby that we could just rotate in and out, but I doubt we could buy a partnership that possesses the chemistry that those two presently have. Still, the greater risk is Kane: if he's gone, we're screwed, since, far from having inadequate cover, we actually have close to no cover (without repurposing Chadli or playing players with different attributes up top, like N'Jie and Son).

No team in the world has like for likes as good as the first 11 at this level

united had players like Phil Neville for example who can in for better played and did a job. United had top top drawer players but rarely had the one individual stand out with the rest being mediocre in comparison. They all out in 7.5/10s and were consistent at it. When Neville came in he did his job, as did we'd brown, John Oshea and others and they won everything

Stay the fudge away!

I am strongly considering taking one for the team. Change of job(less money) and ill-health has kept us away from the Lane bar 4 games this season. Maybe we should continue our watching from home.
Due to go to the Toon match, now having second thoughts. Might see what happens after we have been to the Hawthorns

No team in the world has like for likes as good as the first 11 at this level

united had players like Phil Neville for example who can in for better played and did a job. United had top top drawer players but rarely had the one individual stand out with the rest being mediocre in comparison. They all out in 7.5/10s and were consistent at it. When Neville came in he did his job, as did we'd brown, John Oshea and others and they won everything

Sure, but having someone as good as the first eleven isn't what I was going for: personally ,having someone with roughly the same attributes as the first eleven player they're around to replace would be sufficient cover, and we're lacking that when it comes to Kane and Toby-Jan. In Kane's case, someone built to be a striker leading the line, with the knowledge of how to play up front that a repurposed player like Chadli wouldn't necessarily possess: in Toby-Jan's case, a backup CB pairing that at least knows how to play with each other without roostering up too much.

No but he is better at bringing other players into play. There's room for more than one type of player in this side (as Dembele has proved over the last few weeks) and we are a weaker team when Eriksen is not in it.

It is going to be an interesting selection in the next couple of games. I am not taking Thursday lightly but I wonder whether we could see something like Son, Mason and Lamela behind Kane.

Some will disagree, but I would leave Kane, Eriksen, Dier and possibly the centre halves at home. Alli might as well play as he is suspended for Chelsea. I know Thursday is important but the league is not going to be so open next year and we have to take our chance whilst Chelsea are doing so badly.

Sure, but having someone as good as the first eleven isn't what I was going for: personally ,having someone with roughly the same attributes as the first eleven player they're around to replace would be sufficient cover, and we're lacking that when it comes to Kane and Toby-Jan. In Kane's case, someone built to be a striker leading the line, with the knowledge of how to play up front that a repurposed player like Chadli wouldn't necessarily possess: in Toby-Jan's case, a backup CB pairing that at least knows how to play with each other without roostering up too much.

Agree re Kane
Honestly have no idea if Wimmer could step up for either of the others as he simply hasn't played there yet.
Chadli for me has shown nothing that make me think he could be a make shift forward and that's the biggest area to address in Jan if we can

I still think the 81/82 side was the best I have personally ever seen but yes, agreed, really excellent and certainly the best overall squad (for me) since the 80s days of Burky and Shreevsy...

Agreed. That side also had a lovely balance of home-grown (Stevie P, Hughton, Miller, Hoddle, Hazard, Falco) and bought in (those two Argentine gents, Crooks, Archibald).

Some will disagree, but I would leave Kane, Eriksen, Dier and possibly the centre halves at home. Alli might as well play as he is suspended for Chel53a. I know Thursday is important but the league is not going to be so open next year and we have to take our chance whilst Chel53a are doing so badly.

A win in both of our next two games and the season really is beginning to shape up

Back