• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United OMT ***

After such a fine team performance I'm disappointed some people feel Deli did not have a good game, admittedly he didn't catch the eye as much as he has in other games but his movement off the ball helped create space for others and his blocked shot helped in Kanes goal, he played a lovely ball through to Kane for the first half miss and hit the bar with his header, a lot more major contributions than some have done in games.

I just watched the game again, I didn't realise watching the game live on TV just how many chances we failed to take. I'm not a good viewer of live games because I'm on Shpilkes the entire 90 minutes.
Mason alone had two good chances, kane really should have scored when he scuffed his shot and thier keeper made a great save from Eriksen. 8-1 wouldn't have flattered us. We absolutely beat them up.

MOM for me at least was Dembele, what an absolute beast. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed it, Bring on the Blue Nazis from SW6

I was thinking the same thing watching the extended highlights on Sky Sports, aside from the chances you mentioned there was also that great cross that Walker drilled along the 6 yard box which Son didn't gamble on for what would've been an easy tap in!

On the 6th anniversay of us putting 9 past Wigan, if we had taken most of our chances we could have repeated that feat. Two woodworks, the two saves from Eriksen,the Kane fluff and as you say Mason had another chance besides the one that hit the post.
I believe the stat was 12 shots on target (highest by a PL team so far this season)

But, at the end of the day 4-1 was good enough for me. 2nd best GD in the league, it is a long time since that has been the case at this stage of a season
Against Wigan we scored 9 goals from 14 shots on target compared to 4 from 12 yesterday with Mason and Alli hitting the woodwork plus the Spammers blocking a further 5 shots!

It's not often I feel disappointed after watching us win 4-1 but can't help thinking how glorious it would've been to give those gobby Spammers a well deserved hammering, something so humiliating it might've warranted the release of a DVD :D

After such a fine team performance I'm disappointed some people feel Deli did not have a good game, admittedly he didn't catch the eye as much as he has in other games but his movement off the ball helped create space for others and his blocked shot helped in Kanes goal, he played a lovely ball through to Kane for the first half miss and hit the bar with his header, a lot more major contributions than some have done in games.

I like seeing after-match analysis as it gives you a different angle on things. Tbh I thought Son was average watching it live on Sky. Then I saw MOTD2 and it give me a totally different perspective on how he played

I was thinking the same thing watching the extended highlights on Sky Sports, aside from the chances you mentioned there was also that great cross that Walker drilled along the 6 yard box which Son didn't gamble on for what would've been an easy tap in!

Against Wigan we scored 9 goals from 14 shots on target compared to 4 from 12 yesterday with Mason and Alli hitting the woodwork plus the Spammers blocking a further 5 shots!

It's not often I feel disappointed after watching us win 4-1 but can't help thinking how glorious it would've been to give those gobby Spammers a well deserved hammering, something so humiliating it might've warranted the release of a DVD :D

Highest amount of on target shots in the league this season so far was yesterday with 12

Pundits talk about Pochettino working well with youngsters. One thing that I think has been overlooked, and important to the way Pochettino wants to play, is that not only does he work well with young players, but to a certain degree the style is dependent on a core of young players. The hard training and playing 2-3 games a week, doesn't fit well with older players. That's when you start picking up injuries and niggles all the time. Young players are better suited to that kind of physical approach. And young players will more easily adapt to a different way of playing than an established superstar.
He's not doing too shabby with the older players either. Dembele seems reborn!

I like seeing after-match analysis as it gives you a different angle on things. Tbh I thought Son was average watching it live on Sky. Then I saw MOTD2 and it give me a totally different perspective on how he played

You're right, you get so emotionally involved watching the game live you miss a lot of the action, it's only when you watch the game again or highlights you see things you miss. I'll never forget when video cameras became popular and I saw a video of myself playing. I did a bizarre little hop when I took free-kicks, unfortunately at 33 it was too late to do anything about it

Afaik, our record unbeaten sequence during PL era was 11 games back in the autumn on 2011.

Apparently there was a 22 game unbeaten sequence in 1949/50 but that was in Div 2, during Arthur Rowe' first season as manager.

Would assume our best top flight run was the Double winners 16 games unbeaten (15 of which were wins) at the start of that glorious campaign.
If we're allowed to include games from the back end of the previous season it becomes 18, all but one of which were wins. For sure others have achieved much longer undefeated sequences but for the sheer number of wins included it's surely among the best top flight sequences ever?

Highest amount of on target shots in the league this season so far was yesterday with 12
An impressive stat but I wish we could've converted a couple more of them and set the record for highest amount of goals scored in the league this season!

Me too, I had thought he had a moderate game until I watched it all again.

"Sad thing is if we didn't concede 4 today we would have won."

Yup. tickle my balls with a feather. Lol

Me too, I had thought he had a moderate game until I watched it all again.

I am a Son fan and appreciated his contribution in real time. Some of the things he tried didn't quite come off - not surprising really considering his injury lay off - but he is a real gem. Don't forget our real upturn in performances started with his introduction into the side. He seems to be able to lift all those round him.

I am a Son fan and appreciated his contribution in real time. Some of the things he tried didn't quite come off - not surprising really considering his injury lay off - but he is a real gem. Don't forget our real upturn in performances started with his introduction into the side. He seems to be able to lift all those round him.

Yes indeedy. He is both quick-witted and quick-footed.

The seem to make brisker moves when he has the ball, knowing from practise that he doesn't hang around.

I so wanted him to score having used Kane to drag 3 defenders out of the way, and suspect a conventional strike would have done the trick .... the outside of the foot causing it to swing back to the keeper.

This was an erection inducing win. Never thought we would get a big win over West Ham like this. West Ham came into this match after beating the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and ManCity away. Thought they would make us work hard. Instead, they were very poor and we could have won by a bigger margin. We did play well but West Ham made it easy for us. Maybe they were being affected without their best player, Payet. Anyway, hope this win will boost our confidence for the coming matches.

Credit to Kane, Alderweireld and Walker for the goals. It is great to see Kane continuing his goal run. He has now scored 8 goals in his last 5 matches. Hope he will keep on scoring as we badly need that. Similiarly, credit to Alderweireldn for scoring his second league goal of the season. His goal came at a crucial time as West Ham were trying to get back into the game after going 1-0 down. Have mixed reaction for Walker's goal as he immediately after that he made the mistake that led to their lone goal. Would have preferred us to keep a clean sheet. Anyway, it is nice to know we can still score 4 goals despite missing the creativity and work rate of Lamela. In fact, we could have won by a bigger margin as Alli and Mason hit the posts while Kane could have done better with the one-on-one chance in the first half.

I think we won this match in midfield as we totally controlled the midfield. Dembele, Alli, Eriksen and Dier had a almost perfect game. Thought Dembele was our man of the match as he had one of his best games for us. He actually bullied the West Ham players for most of the match that they got scared to even go near him ! Similarly, Eriksen had a good game as he assisted the goals for Alderweireld and Kane. Son did well to create the goal for Walker but thought he looked rusty in the match.

Our defence would have got a perfect mark if not for the conceded goal. West Ham did hit the post in the first half but other than that our defence did well until they scored. It was really annoying the way we condeded the goal. West Ham didn't look like scoring that time but Walker's mistake allowed them the goal. Walker should have been more alert after scoring his goal.

It is great to extend our unbeaten run to 12 games in the league. Even better, we are now just 4 points off the top of the league. It is a great feeling to have Spurs and league title being mentioned in the same sentence now !

Afaik, our record unbeaten sequence during PL era was 11 games back in the autumn on 2011.

Apparently there was a 22 game unbeaten sequence in 1949/50 but that was in Div 2, during Arthur Rowe' first season as manager.

Would assume our best top flight run was the Double winners 16 games unbeaten (15 of which were wins) at the start of that glorious campaign.

We were unbeaten in 12 league matches under AVB in 2013.

That 12 match unbeaten run in 2012/13 :
Dec 16,2012 Tottenham 1 - 0 Swansea
Dec 22,2012 Tottenham 0 - 0 Stoke
Dec 26,2012 Aston Villa 0 - 4 Tottenham
Dec 29,2012 Sunderland 1 - 2 Tottenham
Jan 1,2013 Tottenham 3 - 1 Reading
Jan 12,2013 QPR 0 - 0 Tottenham
Jan 20,2013 Tottenham 1 - 1 Manchester United
Jan 30,2013 Norwich 1 - 1 Tottenham
Feb 3,2013 West Bromwich 0 - 1 Tottenham
Feb 9,2013 Tottenham 2 - 1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Feb 25,2013 West Ham 2 - 3 Tottenham
Mar 3,2013 Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal

Just read the wet spam comments - fudging difficult to tell whether they are more or less delusional than the goonerclams.
We forced them into error after error from the first moment, they barely had a sniff at goal and we were "average"?
They also "made us look good"?

No, no sunshine we forced you to make us look good.

For me this fixture has never meant anything - growing in North London in the 70s and 80s there were 3 teams - Spurs, arseanal and liverpool. Chelsea and wet spam never had any sway in these parts and wet spam still don't.

I don't see them as rivals, I see them as a mini us, i'm quite fond of them, to have so many years in the PL as a club that size is good going, look how watford and wigan have fared.

I've always thought they were a good club, I know a lot of their fans feel we've nicked some of their best players off them (Kanoute, Defoe, Carrick and Parker).

I've always thought they were a good club, I know a lot of their fans feel we've nicked some of their best players off them (Kanoute, Defoe, Carrick and Parker).

I would have loved to see Brooking in a Spurs shirt, as for Bobby Moore I have never seen a better defender in the English game.

it's all part of the system, west ham sign players from the likes of charlton and orient, we sign em from the likes of west ham and leeds, then they go to united or madrid, thats football

Back