• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United OMT ***

Our best game so far this season, in my opinion. A joy to watch! A bit sloppy from Walker on their goal, but apart from that, there's nothing negative to say, really. Outstanding performance from our boys! :D

Bang on !!

The early stages WH showed themselves well, worked hard, and were closing us down. Had we not been playing so well we might have cracked. Even four down, they were still looking for something.

While I like the guys backing each other up, I disapprove of getting close in after incidents ...... keep a yard apart and your hands low when making your point. It makes it really obvios when the opponent then closes with you.

That was the one aspect where we lowered our standards to theirs. Glad it didn't feature in MotD2

Loved the background when the managers shook hands at the final whistle. The away corner was EMPTY ...... there didn't look to be many left when they scored in 87th minute.

Pundits talk about Pochettino working well with youngsters. One thing that I think has been overlooked, and important to the way Pochettino wants to play, is that not only does he work well with young players, but to a certain degree the style is dependent on a core of young players. The hard training and playing 2-3 games a week, doesn't fit well with older players. That's when you start picking up injuries and niggles all the time. Young players are better suited to that kind of physical approach. And young players will more easily adapt to a different way of playing than an established superstar.

Is that encapsulated in "You can't win anything with old men" ?.

I haven't seen one single post suggesting we will win the league!

I always have found West Ham fans delusional whenever they suggest they'll finish in the top half. They were saying before the game that they could get Champions League and yet they call us delusional. Small time jokers.

To be fair, I did see a post in another thread on here saying we could win it - cant remember which one....

I've said we should aim to win it... Why not!!!! Seriously there is no one I've seen this better so far. It's a challenge of course and naturally the press seem to think that Liverpool for example are better placed... But I see nothing that makes me think we can't give it a go.

I've said we should aim to win it... Why not!!!! Seriously there is no one I've seen this better so far. It's a challenge of course and naturally the press seem to think that Liverpool for example are better placed... But I see nothing that makes me think we can't give it a go.
Absolutely, we should be aiming higher than what is genuinely achievable anyway. We have beat City, drawn with Arsenal away, and undeservedly lost at Old Trafford - there is no one who you could say is clearly and definitively better than us. I still believe that we will fall short of a genuine challenge due to that little bit of winning mentality/edge - I think that side is definitely improving under Poch but with such a young squad will need a couple more years to see that side fully come to fruition....

And there were only the FOURTEEN passes leading up to the first goal today. I love this club. Always have, though being part of the 50,000 + when Don McAllister headed the winner against Bolton, being at the 9-0 against Bristol Rovers and all the other highs and lows.

Yes it was a great diving header, I lost my scarf and rattle that day.

I just watched the game again, I didn't realise watching the game live on TV just how many chances we failed to take. I'm not a good viewer of live games because I'm on Shpilkes the entire 90 minutes.
Mason alone had two good chances, kane really should have scored when he scuffed his shot and thier keeper made a great save from Eriksen. 8-1 wouldn't have flattered us. We absolutely beat them up.

MOM for me at least was Dembele, what an absolute beast. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed it, Bring on the Blue Nazis from SW6

Beat me to it.

Fair enough a few have suggested if we beat Chelsea, then we may 'start to dream' but that's it from what I can remember. But, is nobody even allowed to dream if your team are playing well and stringing together a decent unbeaten run

I just watched the game again, I didn't realise watching the game live on TV just how many chances we failed to take. I'm not a good viewer of live games because I'm on Shpilkes the entire 90 minutes.
Mason alone had two good chances, kane really should have scored when he scuffed his shot and thier keeper made a great save from Eriksen. 8-1 wouldn't have flattered us. We absolutely beat them up.

MOM for me at least was Dembele, what an absolute beast. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed it, Bring on the Blue Nazis from SW6

On the 6th anniversay of us putting 9 past Wigan, if we had taken most of our chances we could have repeated that feat. Two woodworks, the two saves from Eriksen,the Kane fluff and as you say Mason had another chance besides the one that hit the post.
I believe the stat was 12 shots on target (highest by a PL team so far this season)

But, at the end of the day 4-1 was good enough for me. 2nd best GD in the league, it is a long time since that has been the case at this stage of a season

On the 6th anniversay of us putting 9 past Wigan, if we had taken most of our chances we could have repeated that feat. Two woodworks, the two saves from Eriksen,the Kane fluff and as you say Mason had another chance besides the one that hit the post.
I believe the stat was 12 shots on target (highest by a PL team so far this season)

But, at the end of the day 4-1 was good enough for me. 2nd best GD in the league, it is a long time since that has been the case at this stage of a season

Oh absolutely no complaints, and watching it back in a relaxed state was absolutely wonderful.

Back