• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Crystal Palace OMT***

No round of applause from me. Love Poch and what he did for us. But he’s Chelsea manager and it’ll be a cold day in hell before I’ll applaud a Chelsea manager.

Sing Ange’s name and sing it loud.

Off you pop. He's earned a warm, classy welcome.

And that's it. From then on, dog's abuse.

True, but Chelsea won't play like palace.
Give palace some grudging credit for their tactics, but Chelsea will won't to play football and that will suit us.

Agree. For 75 minutes they didnt entertain playing football and just seemed happy to foul, then saw their backsides when we were playing keep-ball at the back for minutes on end.
That one defensive mistake at the death made it a tougher finish than it should have been

Pretty tough game to watch, but a wins a win.

I do still think that with Richi and Kulu (on the right) we are less than we can be. Put Kulu on the left, with Johnson on the right and we'd improve even more.

Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario speaking to Sky Sports after the win over Crystal Palace: "Yeah I think we have to be happy for tonight because it was a tough game. We saw in the first half they play compact so we can't find the right line to pass the press. But we maintain focus and in the second half we show what we can do. But maybe to say a bit more concentrated in the last minutes. We have to stay focused for 100 minutes because just a little [lapse] can compromise a big win. We can enjoy this weekend and prepare for the next match."

On conceding late on: "Every game you want to keep a clean sheet. I am a little bit sad because it was in the 95 minutes. It is not so good for a keeper but I am happy for the lads. Great team spirit and we keep going."

On his start to live at Spurs: "Of course, the performance is made by work during the week. We work hard, we train hard. We have to keep going and keep improving but we would like to be the top. We have to work a lot and then recovery and we go again.

"We don't have to focus on the table. Just preparing for the next match, focus on that, good recovery and then a good week of work. We can manage this situation and not look ahead too much."

The 3 main subs for us Royal, PEH, Johnson all very good indeed and influenced the game especially Royal

Yeah he was much better than Davies. When I saw Davies in the starting eleven I thought “ah fudge, he’s gonna get slated no matter what because he’s not Udogie.” But, sadly, Davies was that poor. Was by far our weakest link.

But Royal was able to fill in perfectly adequately. It’s more, sadly, that Davies can’t really cut it any more. Udogie being head and shoulders the first choice not disputed, of course.
Davies has always been solid, nothing more nothing less. Udogie has the potential to be one of the top LBs in the game, he's a totally different level to Davies. Doesn't mean that Davies shouldn't be respected as a good servant.

That Son goal was started by a fabulous pass across the pitch from Sarr. What a ball.

Great instinct by Johnson to head it onward at first touch and Maddison with such cool control in the box before laying it off to Son.

I've re-watched it now about 12 times and I'm a puddle. This is what Spurs are all about.

Even better, it was Johnson that picked up the lay off from Maddison to set up Son, so Johnson was involved twice in the move.

Really neat goal, with long and short play, one and two touch. Hard to defend against that.

Just for context
That was palaces second defeat at home
Arsenal won there 1 nil in August
Palace are dogged at home and play as ugly as they need too
It’s effective for keeping them up every season

Yeah. Shameful that he wasn't born with DNA to let him grow to NBA standard heights. Otherwise, he was quite decent.
You know as well as I do that it wasn't about just height, it was positioning / judgement / anticipation comes into it but Porro just from this start of the season has a lot of credit in the bank. Clear that ball and there's no potential question of handball because you've nullified the situation as if you give away a chance at the back post it's a risky situation.

Look, Porro's been brilliant and has been an entirely different player so I hope it doesn't seem like I'm jumping at the chance to bring up when he was shaky defensively, the guy loves every part of the game. I love that he loves it, if that makes sense!

The result and performance are two different things, going by Poste against Fulham who effectively criticized the team in the 2nd half as there were potential improvements to be made despite getting over the line. Same again today, brilliant result but I don't think Poste would have been blown away by the performance but it's another huge 3 points and that's what counts.

Back