• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Crystal Palace OMT***

If the handball directly results in a goal then it doesn’t matter if it came off another part of the body.

iirc it changed the season after Llorente’s goal in the CL vs City.
And yet. They allowed it. Love to hear what they say about it in the studio. It will be the " oh can't really tell out of all the angles"

I didn't like the way we were shy to get more goals. Apart from Son and Madison, we're a bit intimidated by the goal. Want a team hunger and confidence, and then put teams who are totally shot as Palace were to the sword.

That said our second goal was a peach. We sucked them out and broke around them.

Still a lot to come from us. Amazing that we have one of our best players just back and still to feed into this heady Ange side.

Not so sure, can see utd taking something off city on Sunday and arsenal are away to the geordies next weekend.

Forgot about Toon v Arsenal. In that case we will probably be 2nd on GD behind Liverpool who play Forest and Luton next, who will they smash

At the risk of sounding contrary, and I am delighted mate. They scored a lucky goal at the end but I was never really concerned about losing. Their attack is quite toothless. Plus we are 5 points clear! Now I don't think we are winning the league or anything. But it's nice to be top and playing lovely football!

Yeah it is. It’s brilliant. I would have been happy anywhere in the top 6 and would see top 8 as acceptable. It’s going brilliantly.

We won’t win the league though. Lose a CB and we’re screwed. Lose em both together and GHod help us. I suppose we just have to sit back and enjoy it and see where it takes us.

The bricky thing is, as much as I don’t think we have a hope of winning the league, with every passing week, that little voice of hope grows and then that little realist on my other shoulder says “there’s a fudging hiding coming our way somewhere. The greater the hope, the greater the fall.”

Christ, being a Spurs fan is never good is it?

And yet. They allowed it. Love to hear what they say about it in the studio. It will be the " oh can't really tell out of all the angles"
That is true, though. If the goal is given on the field, there must be incontrovertible evidence that it should be disallowed. And none of the angles they showed screamed handball. It was very very difficult to make the call that it touched his hand.

That Son goal was started by a fabulous pass across the pitch from Sarr. What a ball.

Great instinct by Johnson to head it onward at first touch and Maddison with such cool control in the box before laying it off to Son.

I've re-watched it now about 12 times and I'm a puddle. This is what Spurs are all about.

Possibly our worst game of the season. Actually, can remove possibly. It was, by a distance! Only two shots on target all game, and the the first goal wasn't even one of them! That's very poor when we have 76% posession. But the 3 points is the most important.
But we'll have to improve a lot to beat Chelsea. They're on an upward trajectory, and even though we keep winning, in terms of our play, I'd say we're on a slight downward trajectory.
It's gonna be a very tough game against those bastards.

Clearly I need to see it again, and also have a thorough re-read of the handball rules! As Neville says nobody really knows when it comes to those decisions but on the Sky coverage it seemed like a legit goal. FWIW Ayew didn't seemingly intend to use his hand to cheat a way to taking a shot. It's potentially easier to discuss as we have the 3 points but it didn't seem outrageous. Nothing against Porro who has been incredible but there were echoes of his defending when he first arrived - Win that ball and there's no debate about handball, and I reckon he'll be thinking the same in hindsight as the guy is a proper competitor.

Yeah. Shameful that he wasn't born with DNA to let him grow to NBA standard heights. Otherwise, he was quite decent.

Possibly our worst game of the season. Actually, can remove possibly. It was, by a distance! Only two shots on target all game, and the the first goal wasn't even one of them! That's very poor when we have 76% posession. But the 3 points is the most important.
But we'll have to improve a lot to beat Chelsea. They're on an upward trajectory, and even though we keep winning, in terms of our play, I'd say we're on a slight downward trajectory.
It's gonna be a very tough game against those bastards.

It will indeed, really hope its not Pochettino that ends the unbeaten record

Back