• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Arsenal OMT***

Well today we will learn a big lesson in how good we really are. We want to beat the best playing angeball. This can tell us if we can. Or what we need to get there.

Hope fans treat it that way if we do lose.

Martinelli out is a relief for porro.

Arteta likes to crowd the centre so they will arrange down the wings.

Trossard is a tricky one and underrated.

Meeting my son this afternoon, so will miss any live updates on the game. Anything could happen in this match, hopefully there will be a few goals and we score more than they do.

C O Y S

Last edited:
We,ll get at least one player sent off by 59.000 gooners shouting out at once for any dodgy tackles..
So here are the numbers... Emerson 20/1 to get sent off Richarlson 15/1 Bissouma 13/1 Son 10/1
any one else at least 5/1 all odds on!

I see a lot of people seemingly with amnesia about how we have approached the game at the Emirates in all these years.
Let's have it right, it was only under Jose, Nuno and Conte that we went there playing football that could be described as 'meek' or 'cowardly'.
Under Poch we absolutely took the game to them, most games we had more possession etc, the only issue is that we couldn't finish the job off for various reasons.
The issue is our record for finishing the job off there is grim, NOT our approach to how we play there (save for the last three visits where we have approached the game cowardly but also they have been IMPROVING in their level and quality as well).

All this talk of just wanting us to "play well", "have a go" is very much as though we are in the late 90s and noughtys when we were mid-table fodder and they were perenial title challengers when there was a massive gulf between the two sides. That gulf isn't quite there yet, but it would serve us well to show some respect to both them and us and not just go fully 'gung-ho' and be tactically astute, i.e. know when to keep it tight and know when to commit to attack.
This will be a test of Ange and i would hope he DOES tweak his approach as they are a much better side than in recent years when we couldn't win there even though we had the second best ever PL goalscorer.

Ok, rant over.

If we win or draw, i doubt that at this stage of our development under Ange (and his development as a coach in the PL) that any of us would really care given how things have been for both clubs over the last 18 months, so i hope Ange can be wily and pragmatic in his approach (and not being too stubborn like Bielsa, AVB or Conte).

COYS
Please

Re: the bolded part, totally agree.

It’s a fine line. I’m with Ange in that there’s no point abandoning our principles at the first sight of a tough game, as that just shows we don’t don’t really trust those principles, or perhaps that we don’t have the players to execute the plan.

But there’s also no point in being lambs to the slaughter if it turns out we’re getting ripped apart - so some pragmatism isn’t a bad thing either.

I just remember Roberto Martinez insisting on playing a certain way and getting Wigan relegated, then getting sacked at Everton for blindly sticking to a plan that wasn’t working.

Great, have your philosophy but you do also need a plan B, an understanding of your own players’ limitations and some understanding and respect for what the opposition can do.

We,ll get at least one player sent off by 59.000 gooners shouting out at once for any dodgy tackles..
So here are the numbers... Emerson 20/1 to get sent off Richarlson 15/1 Bissouma 13/1 Son 10/1
any one else at least 5/1 odds on.

It’s a fine line. I’m with Ange in that there’s no point abandoning our principles at the first sight of a tough game, as that just shows we don’t don’t really trust those principles, or perhaps that we don’t have the players to execute the plan.

But there’s also no point in being lambs to the slaughter if it turns out we’re getting ripped apart - so some pragmatism isn’t a bad thing either.

I just remember Roberto Martinez insisting on playing a certain way and getting Wigan relegated, then getting sacked at Everton for blindly sticking to a plan that wasn’t working.

Great, have your philosophy but you do also need a plan B, an understanding of your own players’ limitations and some understanding and respect for what the opposition can do.

I think people also read too much into comments, there will 100% be a time to be solid and canny, I don't think Ange ever means lets just go out there and contribute to losing if it looks like thats whats going to happen just to honour the style. He is likely saying let us do what we do and let them also worry about us.

There is also no point turning up like sheep playing to your weaknesses because you are beyond scared of what they will do whilst giving them absolutely no reason to be scared of you. That seems equally silly and counter productive.

I think people also read too much into comments, there will 100% be a time to be solid and canny, I don't think Ange ever means lets just go out there and contribute to losing if it looks like thats whats going to happen just to honour the style. He is likely saying let us do what we do and let them also worry about us.

There is also no point turning up like sheep playing to your weaknesses because you are beyond scared of what they will do whilst giving them absolutely no reason to be scared of you. That seems equally silly and counter productive.

Yep, we saw that negativity at the end under Conte - no faith or trust in our own abilities, and playing so defensively put huge pressure on the forwards to make the most of limited chances.

We won't be getting relegated. But we can learn from it, of what we need going forward. What if we win though? Playing this way.

Back