• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Arsenal OMT***

Don’t!

Didn’t we have a little run quite early on under Harry R where beat three of the big boys in a row? Arsenal, Liverpool and one other iirc.

Was end of the season when we qualified for CL I think, Gomes was on fire. Beat Arsenal and Chelsea at home and drew at City. Or maybe you're thinking of another run.

No, I think that’s the one.
We beat Arsenal, for the first time in donkeys years in the league, then beat Chelsea, lost to United and won away against City to secure CL.

Apparently we're getting too roostery, except every combined XI contains at least 10 Arse players, they're better than any team we've ever played and if we even try to press high or pass our way out they will absolutely murder us.
That's fine. Let's see what happens on the pitch.

Who cares about that the press or just general fans think. Most fans just go off brand names. Rice is obviously better than Bissouma because he's Declan Rice. [emoji23]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We beat Emirates Marketing Project twice last season.

maybe this year we do that to this bunch of pretenders.

Most of these players go into the game with no baggage of the past thus no fear.
The midfield battle will be incredible. The attacking battle will be great. I think our soft spot will be behind Porro, and I expect them to 'homer' the ref when it comes to VdV, who can sometimes look awkward in the challenge albeit 100% fair.

For me, our new leaders are the key, and something tells me it is Sonny, Romero, and Maddison's time. I think Madders to score the winning goal in a 3-2 win...
I share your reservations about Porro against pace, so if Martinelli is out that will be a huge boost.

I think we give them issues going forward that they haven't had sp far this season and unless they play Jesus I think we can nullify the threat of Nketieh

It's going to be tough but I think last season flattered them to the point people think its like playing City...
Its us going forward vs them keeping possession.

Trossard has been really good and I think will get the better of porro.

Hard to call...but I'd be happy with a draw. I expect goals but hope our players keep their heads no matter what. Especially Cuti who I'm sure they will target.

Who cares about that the press or just general fans think. Most fans just go off brand names. Rice is obviously better than Bissouma because he's Declan Rice. [emoji23]

I've seen a lot of the Rice v Bissouma talk the last few days and it seems odd to me. Gooners seem to be judging Biss purely on last season and have completely missed the frankly incredible performances he's put in so far this season.
I like Rice he's a very good player but Bissouma for me is is just extra.
This game will be won and lost in midfield more so than ever I think and with Bissouma's press resistance and ability to break and drive through often 2 lines I'm hoping he'll win the midfield battle.

I think Arse are in for a bit of a shock from players like Udogie, Biss and VdV and I love that they have completely bought into the media narrative that they're something special as a team, I really don't and didn't think so last season either.

The nerves for this one kicked in early this season and I'm fighting hard to temper expectations but I want this one bad!
3-2 Tottenham. COYS!!!

It’s not often I’m excited/nervous days before a game but really can’t wait for this.

Our current tactics are very well suited to a NLD, bodies in midfield, quick passing and attack in numbers.

We’ll definitely get chances, just need to take them.

Rice is easy to deal with. Just give him the ball and mark the defenders. He won't know what to do.

Rice is good but is not yet performing at the level Party was for them last season and Havertz hasn't been at the level Xhaka was either - I think we will win the battle in the middle of the pitch

Yep same for me. Rice name has been inflated in part by the local lad done good stuff at West Ham and their ability to market his deal by saying he was available straight after the final. He is clearly a good player but he is not ever going to be at the levels of the previous greats who were not only phenomenal DMs but could pick games up and win them with crucial goals etc.

Rice is good but is not yet performing at the level Party was for them last season and Havertz hasn't been at the level Xhaka was either - I think we will win the battle in the middle of the pitch

They'll start Viera over Havertz.
Rice, Odegard, Viera
Vs
Bissouma, Sarr, Maddison

That's quite tasty.
I think they edge it with Rice and Odegard more closely up against Biss and Sarr, mainly because Sarr is still developing.

Viera and Odegard have the ability to really hurt us. Bissouma, Son, Kulu, Maddison, Solomon if he plays are all ball at their feet players - so I suspect we'll look to take the ball in areas where if it does break down it doesn't give their creative players immediate opportunities to play killer passes.

Party pooper time:

All the hype around us and the good start to the season, the Goons would love to bring us back down to earth.
Let's temper our expectations. We are still less than ten games into the Ange era. This will be the first test against a top team. As long as we the spirit and performance is there I'll be content. Six weeks ago we wouldn't have been thinking anything positive about this game. It's amazing that we are - but let's stay grounded.

We have to be fully focused for every second of the game. One thing we have to look out for, and I expect Ange to have adressed it, is their corners. They take the vast majority short, so we have to be prepared for that, and don't let them pass it to their shooters at the edge of the box without interference!

Back