• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Arsenal OMT***

Have a word with yourself mate! Merson is not worth a trigger reaction.
My German father in law mentioned Merson's comments. I said Merson is an imbecile. He asked me, "what is imbecile?". The end.

Surely there is a German word for an ex footballer who has previously had addiction problems talking out of their arse?

Have a word with yourself mate! Merson is not worth a trigger reaction.
My German father in law mentioned Merson's comments. I said Merson is an imbecile. He asked me, "what is imbecile?". The end.

i agree he is, but the audacity, the fudging audacity. He gets paid for insight, and his insight is fudging stupid as we've proven.

I did write that in all fairness but sometimes, when you write in a language that isn't your own, your words come out stronger than you thought they would!

I think we agree on the scenario of the game but I'm in the 'everyone' camp. On more than one occasion in the first half, they nicked the ball from our defenders and got themselves into dangerous positions. One would expect a team of their quality to take advantage of that but, fortunately, they didn't. And while it's true they had a tough time getting the ball back from our forwards, there was a 15 mn period in the first half when we could hardly get out of our own half. Again, it boils down to what you call 'dominating' a game. I think it's subjective but I'd say they edged the first half, definitely (for me).

I'll admit that I'm not die hard enough to watch the entire game a second time but, quite frankly, I think hindsight is a wonderful thing. For various reasons, I watched most of last season's games knowing the scoreline and I can tell you from experience that watching Conte's team go down 1-0 is definitely not the same thing when you know they're going to win 2-1 (mistakes are easily forgiven and you're waiting impatiently for something to happen) or they're going to lose 1-0 (you literally die of boredom).

I'll try to put it differently. Did I think at any point we would win the game? No. Did I fear they would? Yes. Did I fear they would win the game because I've been supporting this team for decades and I'm used to heartbreaks? Definitely!

Again, I'm calling it the way I saw it. I'm not trying to be controversial for the sake of it or to rain on anyone's parade. I think most people would agree that a draw is a fair result but I felt pleased with the result rather than frustrated.

I saw it similarly to you I think. It's a game both teams easily could have won, a draw a fair result. But we didn't dominate and on the whole they slightly edged it.

That's still a very impressive performance of course. At this stage under Ange absolutely massive. Even at a much later stage under him would be impressive. Away to our biggest rival and a very good team, close game overall that we could have won.

I was hopeful that we could win it for sure. Was hoping the second half would play out like the first and that they would tire and we could take advantage in the final 20 minutes. That didn't happen, mostly because we tired ourselves and didn't have the depth needed to adequately replace Maddison and others that were tiring or on a yellow.

As well as a really positive performance from us, I think Sunday's game also showed that Arsenal are still lacking with their mentality. Celebrating after the Pen when there was still 30 mins to go then conceding after a minute of scoring. They'll likely finish in the top 4, but not serious title challengers to City in my opinion .

As well as a really positive performance from us, I think Sunday's game also showed that Arsenal are still lacking with their mentality. Celebrating after the Pen when there was still 30 mins to go then conceding after a minute of scoring. They'll likely finish in the top 4, but not serious title challengers to City in my opinion .
Agreed. Celebrating is all well and good as long as you don't conceded almost straight after. And the mental strength from our team was refreshing.

I agree - and Arteta is culpable to a large extent for that lack of maturity imo.

Agreed. Celebrating is all well and good as long as you don't conceded almost straight after. And the mental strength from our team was refreshing.

Could not agree more, its something i have thought ever since Poch was here that the number of big games we did not turn up for was down in part to our mentality. Got a lot of negative views for saying that at the time but it was ( imo) true.

I don't think anyone is a serious title challenger to City - neither should they be after what City have spent. Arsenal are a very long way off challenging them still.

Only deluded Arsenal fans think they are title challengers. They've had 1 good season, where everything that could go their way, went their way, and they still fudged it up.
They're nowhere near City! They're not the 2nd best team either.

Only deluded Arsenal fans think they are title challengers. They've had 1 good season, where everything that could go their way, went their way, and they still fudged it up.
They're nowhere near City! They're not the 2nd best team either.
Let's not forget their annual new year collapse. That will only be worse for them with European football too.

Yeah
It’s the rules bizarrely
His hand ball isn’t a handball unless it goes in from his shot
So he is judged to have NOT gained an advantage by handballing it as he didn’t score

it’s exactly like when they don’t flag for offside and a player may be marginally off, but wins a corner. They score from the corner and it’s all forgotten about
Thanks

i agree he is, but the audacity, the fudging audacity. He gets paid for insight, and his insight is fudging stupid as we've proven.
he's from the mark lawrenson school of old school absolutely tinkled ex footballers as pundits. They have no brain cells left... But good fun and NEVER to be taken seriously, they are great at hindsightery, gary neville has a long way to catch up lmfao

Back