• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Toon *** OMT

Lloris
Sanchez...Alderweireld...Vertonghen
Trippier......Sissoko......Eriksen......Davis
Moura......Dele......Son​

Personally I think they are stuffed, Chelsea A and Arsenal H are their next games. I dont think they will get anything.

With them 3 points above the drop with inferior GD Id be very worried if I were a fan of theirs.

SCBC and Swansea 3 points behind play tonight, and then SCBC have City H and Swansea have Stoke H

SCBC winning tonight would make things very interesting!
Well it also means they will be doing everything they can to secure a point. Ultra ultra defensive tactics. Hope they have some success!
But it's all about us really. It's in our hands, no need to look elsewhere.

It's a chicken and egg thing. We are anxious because of our past. The team will suffer because of our anxiety. We know it won't take much for the crowd to turn if a few things go wrong. We have a massive role to play if we want CL football. Keep it positive, and make some noise. Get behind the team and I think in turn they will get the lift they need. It could be the difference between our club being a success in the long term or us suffering because of this.

Well it also means they will be doing everything they can to secure a point. Ultra ultra defensive tactics. Hope they have some success!
But it's all about us really. It's in our hands, no need to look elsewhere.

Have you watched much of them? I honestly dont think they have it in them to be defensive effectively.

That said I agree, its all about us. I think once you start giving power to others youve already lost

Vertonghen fit but Aurier, Dier, Dembele and Winks out tomorrow according to the latest news.

We have so many players out of form, so its difficult to name the best 11 right now, but would go with:

4-2-3-1:
Lloris - Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies - Wanyama, Eriksen - Son, Dele, Moura - Kane

Bench:
Vorm, Rose, KWP, Sanchez, Lamela, Sissoko, Llorente
That's a strong bench.

Lloris-----------------------

--Trippier---Alder-----Verts---Davies---

---------------Wanyama------Dele-------------

-------Moura-------Eriksen--------Son------

---------------------- Kane-------------

Great team, had forgotten that Dele can play there.....

Fair enough but Ive seen it time and time again where we play two defensive minded CMs and it is so slow and turgid it seldom works. Also we are at home, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine dont exactly play expansive football - I just dont see the need for a two defensive minded CMs. We are at our best when we go at teams, going all conservative really isnt in our nature....

absolutely this. I would be so disappointed if we started with a back three AND two defensive midfielders in this game. Surely with both Dembele and Dier out it must be worth Eriksen dropping deeper and finding room for Moura. We need to outscore them not sit back and dilly dally.

We should start Sissoko. Maybe he'll score since it's his previous club we're playing.

I'm slightly underwhelmed by Moura so far. He looks exciting because he runs with the ball and has some neat tricks, but where is the end product?

I would take a bet that in goals and assists per minute, Moura outdoes both Sissoko and Lamela.

--------Hugo-------
--TBA--DS--JVT
Trips----------Davies
--Wanyama-Eriksen-
Alli----Kane----Son

That team is good enough to beat a Saudi Sportswashing Machine team with nothing to play for.

--------Hugo-------
--TBA--DS--JVT
Trips----------Davies
--Wanyama-Eriksen-
Alli----Kane----Son

That team is good enough to beat a Saudi Sportswashing Machine team with nothing to play for.

Probably the team id go for too considering who is available

--------Hugo-------
--TBA--DS--JVT
Trips----------Davies
--Wanyama-Eriksen-
Alli----Kane----Son

Do we really need 3 CBs against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, particularly when our full-backs are full-backs rather than more natural wing-backs? Would have Moura in there rather than a 3rd CB

3 at the back can be just as attacking as 4 imo, as it allows the full-backs to both stay high more often, knowing Vertonghen and Toby are covering. We have played some of our best attacking football with a back 3 and battered teams. It also allows Vertonghen and Toby to step into midfield more and pick passes from deep.

At the moment, I don't think we will get in that attacking groove whatever the formation, too many attacking players not in good form. Gladly take a boring 1-0 win!

-------------------Lloris-------------------
---Alderweireld----Sanchez----Vertonghen---
Trippier-----Wanyama-----Eriksen-----Davis
---------Moura------Son-------Dele----------

The psychology behind these games are fascinating. Look at Swansea and Southampton fighting for their lives. Both playing for their PL survival, playing probably as well as they can ( bit like a cup final). Yet we have doubts whether the side can bring their A game as we are on a bit of a downward trend of late. This is also where the culture of our club plays a part too. We are so used to things going wrong in these situations. It definitely gets to the players too. We’ve done so well to try and change this culture over the past few seasons. Seeing this through will help to further change this image and culture

Chelsea pretty much halted any chance of us beating Leicester to the title. Bet you Leicester repay the favour on the last day :(

It's a chicken and egg thing. We are anxious because of our past. The team will suffer because of our anxiety. We know it won't take much for the crowd to turn if a few things go wrong. We have a massive role to play if we want CL football. Keep it positive, and make some noise. Get behind the team and I think in turn they will get the lift they need. It could be the difference between our club being a success in the long term or us suffering because of this.

Yep, this is absolutely the key. I'm (ironically) fearing the worst from our supporters. An early goal tomorrow and the fans backing the team would be nice. Saudi Sportswashing Machine in terrible form. Their goal against Watford was their first for 247 minutes, according to some bloke on a Saudi Sportswashing Machine forum. They're not expecting anything from tomorrow - not sure if that's good or bad for us. Hopefully they're already on the beach ...

Last edited:
Back