• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Toon *** OMT

Are the cheeseburgers strictly necessary?

No, but seemed appropriate seeeing as how most people seem to think he plays. To be honest I kind of admire the guy. Considering the stick he gets, he always seems to put in a shift for us, it just doesn't seem to work our for him. Can't fault him for effort and I'm sure there's a star in there somewhere, just waiting to burst out........... despite the cheeseburger boots ;)

You think he's played good in those games?

No he's look tired to me. As I said lacking a bit of zip. Our closing down especially has looked laboured - as you'd except this time of the season. But dispite that Kane has scored 3 goals in the last 4 league games. So even when off the pace a little, he is no donkey.

Tripper stood out for me. He's much more involved than Davies recently. Against mid table sides he's the doggs pods. Carries the ball well, looks alive and sharp. For his sake hope he's okay for the summer. Against the fastest wingers he might struggle now and again, but he's developed into one of the trusted senior players in the side this season.

We didn't look great. But with a new midfield - no Dier no Dembele, that's quite a lot of change. Sissoko needs a great WC (if he goes?) and maybe we can punt him on. Kane, Alli, Eriksen have to be a bit shagged. We need another way of playing when tired. We need to be able to sit deep and counter.

Great to see us winning and making sure of a top 4 place in the league. This was a much needed win after the disappointing loss to WBA. This is also our first win over Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 4 matches at home since 2013. It was not really a convincing performance but the result is the one that matters most. But it was really tense before the match was over. We dominated the match but failed to create many chances. We really need to learn to make the most when we dominate matches.

Credit to Kane for scoring our only goal. It was a well taken goal by Kane but he didn't look like scoring apart from that. Kane had another poor match and even wasted another open goal scoring chance when he completely missed the ball late in the first match. Really wish Kane had scored another 1 or 2 goals. He is now 3 goals behind Salah in the top scorer race. With only 1 match left, don't think Kane can catch up Salah now. Apart from Kane, our attacking players like Alli, Eriksen and Son were poor as well. Son assisted the goal for Kane but did nothing apart from that. Eriksen took 1 good freekick early in the match but wasted a few other freekicks after that. Alli was missing for most of the match. Lamela did really well when he came on, setting up a good goal scoring chance which was wasted by Rose.

Our midfield had a mixed match. Our midfield of Wanyama and Sissoko started well but went missing as the match progressed. Sissoko played well in patches but was poor apart from that. Not sure if Sissoko has a future at Spurs as he has failed to make use of his chances like these this season. Thought Moura would come on but maybe it was good that he didn't. With us under pressure in the second half, maybe it was not suitable for a attacking player like Moura.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet. But it was really tense whenever Saudi Sportswashing Machine attacked us. I think it would have helped our defence if Alderweireld had started this match alongside Vertonghen and Sanchez. For some reason, Vertonghen made too many mistakes in this match. Alderweireld really improved our defending when he came on late in the second half.

With this win, we have now moved into 3rd place and are now assured of finishing in the top 4 places. It is disappointing that we have failed to repeat last season's second place finish. But we still have a good chance to finish in 3rd place. Let's hope we will win our remaining match against Leicester to finish in the 3rd place this season.

Couldn't watch it live, so caught a replay. Fell asleep about five minutes into the second half. What a brick game. I can't remember doing this before.

Back