• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Toon *** OMT

I still stand by my 0-6 prediction. All goals 30 yard screamers from Yedlin, with a couple of them deflected off the face of Sissoko.

You guys have more confidence than me about Weds night. This is a team we could not beat at WHL in a league match the last 3 times, too much pressure on the team to deliver when we really need them to.
1-1 incoming, after taking the lead just after HT and failing to bag the crucial while on top. All on 72pts by Thursday morning

Lloris
Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies
Dier, Dembele
Eriksen, Dele, Lucas
Kane

I like the idea of Eriksen playing deep and it frees up another attacking midfield spot, but unfortunately I really believe Son is deliberately saving himself for the World Cup.

The difference in his performances from now and a couple of months back is absolutely startling and whilst others have dropped off (although not to the same extent) a lot of them have some valid reasons.

Son has no such reasons and I recall the South Korea head coach publicly saying he was worried Son would be burned out by June if he carried on how he was playing before.

I believe he is saving himself and is scared to get injured so I wouldn't start him and would only bring him on for dembele if things got desperate.

Plus dembele is fresh now and brings his own qualities.

That's what I would do anyway but I think we all know that Son will start and Lucas won't, which is bloody ridiculous.

I haven't seen Saudi Sportswashing Machine play since we played them in our opening fixture. They held us pretty well then, but got nothing to play for now. Get an early goal and we should win this. If we don't score early, the fans might become a bit impatient, and it'll be tougher, so scoring early is key (when isn't it?).

Id go with the team below, hopefully Verts will make it...

--------------------Lloris-----------------------

--Trippier---Alder-----Verts/Sanchez---Davies---

---------------Dier------Dembele-------------

-------Moura-------Dele--------Eriksen------

----------------------Son------------------------

subs: Vorm, Aurier, Sanchez/Foyth, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lamela, Kane

We're in for a proper disappointment. Personally I'm already in protective mode, trying to distance myself from everything Spurs and the inevitable end of season collapse. It has to be done to remain reasonably sane and not spend the rest of May being depressed and angry.
It's the hope that kills us. Pretty much every time...

You guys have more confidence than me about Weds night. This is a team we could not beat at WHL in a league match the last 3 times, too much pressure on the team to deliver when we really need them to.
1-1 incoming, after taking the lead just after HT and failing to bag the crucial while on top. All on 72pts by Thursday morning

Even if its 1-1, we'd still get 4th by beating Leicester. And if we can only take 2 points from West Brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester, then questionable whether we deserve 4th....

It is what it is. Never should have been in this position but here we are. Now is not the time for us to moan about how we are going "sexy". This side doesn't deserve that. We need to play our part. I see there are 20k seats available... lets sell this out and make this a proper atmosphere and see the side home. I don't want to hear that we can't make a difference. Liverpool are the in the Champions League final based on a phenomenal home crowd against City and Roma. The players feed of us. Watford was so flat, the crowd barely made a peep. We cannot afford to have that again.

COYS

--------------lloris
-----toby----sanchez----vert
aurier----wanyama----dembele---davies
----------eriksen------dele
----------------kane

This team will get the job done. Lawro special, 2-0.

Pochettino hinted in his interview after the West Brom debacle that they all thought it was job done after beating Chelsea. Exactly what I feared would happen before the FACSF.

Ah man, even the OMT is depressing. I thought at least some of us would be up for this.

I am taking my boss tomorrow and he is a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan. Have to be on best behaviour but I really don't want to go. Just not feeling it. :(

Alas, I will go and cheer them on but have a feeling the atmosphere is going to be so bad.

Last edited:
Vertonghen fit but Aurier, Dier, Dembele and Winks out tomorrow according to the latest news.

We have so many players out of form, so its difficult to name the best 11 right now, but would go with:

4-2-3-1:
Lloris - Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies - Wanyama, Eriksen - Son, Dele, Moura - Kane

Bench:
Vorm, Rose, KWP, Sanchez, Lamela, Sissoko, Llorente

Back