• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Toon *** OMT

Vertonghen fit but Aurier, Dier, Dembele and Winks out tomorrow according to the latest news.

We have so many players out of form, so its difficult to name the best 11 right now, but would go with:

4-2-3-1:
Lloris - Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies - Wanyama, Eriksen - Son, Dele, Moura - Kane

Bench:
Vorm, Rose, KWP, Sanchez, Lamela, Sissoko, Llorente
I'd go with that team. Wanyama was very poor on Saturday, but there aren't any alternatives it seems.

We're in for a proper disappointment. Personally I'm already in protective mode, trying to distance myself from everything Spurs and the inevitable end of season collapse. It has to be done to remain reasonably sane and not spend the rest of May being depressed and angry.

I was kind of optimistic this morning but coming on here and spurscommunity have convinced me that we’re f**ked.

So now I’m in “how the f**k do I cope with this collapse” mode.

I’m trying the “If the players don’t care, I don’t care”, “It’s only football”, “This is Spurs, this is what we do” approaches. None of them work. Bollox anyway.

--------------lloris
-----toby----sanchez----vert
aurier----wanyama----dembele---davies
----------eriksen------dele
----------------kane

This team will get the job done. Lawro special, 2-0.

In light of injury news, change the team to:

----------------lloris
-------toby----sanchez----vert
trippier----sissoko----wanyama---davies
-----------eriksen------dele
-----------------kane

----------------lloris
-----------------kane
Brace yourself for a hat-trick of Sissoko own goals.

----------------lloris
-----------------kane
Im someone who thinks Sissoko is ok, but Im really not sure about a CM partnership of him and Wanyama. We really should try Eriksen in there which in turn will perhaps give Moura a chance to shine. But I seriously doubt Poch would have the bottle to do that, perhaps after around 70minutes when its obvious a Sissoko/Wanyama CM pairing doesnt work....

I really don't want us to be going into the Leicester game having to win. Hopefully we get it out of the way tomorrow with Saudi Sportswashing Machine and win it. That point against West Brom would have changed things so much alas nothing we can do about it now but lick our wounds and put on a good show and get the 3 points tomorrow.

Maybe, just maybe, Wagner can pull off a point at Stamford Bridge.

Im someone who thinks Sissoko is ok, but Im really not sure about a CM partnership of him and Wanyama. We really should try Eriksen in there which in turn will perhaps give Moura a chance to shine. But I seriously doubt Poch would have the bottle to do that, perhaps after around 70minutes when its obvious a Sissoko/Wanyama CM pairing doesnt work....

My theory is that we aren't in good form, so we must try to win 1 v 1 battles all over the pitch, minimise mistakes and hope that we take a chance/half-chance when it comes. If we can play aggressively enough and limit mistakes, we can win the game. It won't be pretty, but it's doable.

I really don't want us to be going into the Leicester game having to win. Hopefully we get it out of the way tomorrow with Saudi Sportswashing Machine and win it. That point against West Brom would have changed things so much alas nothing we can do about it now but lick our wounds and put on a good show and get the 3 points tomorrow.

Maybe, just maybe, Wagner can pull off a point at Stamford Bridge.
Youd like to think that Huddersfield could do us a favour considering theyve just got a point at City, but I guess City had nothing to play for and the footballing gods rarely shine on us so we will have to do the business ourselves....

My theory is that we aren't in good form, so we must try to win 1 v 1 battles all over the pitch, minimise mistakes and hope that we take a chance/half-chance when it comes. If we can play aggressively enough and limit mistakes, we can win the game. It won't be pretty, but it's doable.
Fair enough but Ive seen it time and time again where we play two defensive minded CMs and it is so slow and turgid it seldom works. Also we are at home, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine dont exactly play expansive football - I just dont see the need for a two defensive minded CMs. We are at our best when we go at teams, going all conservative really isnt in our nature....

Form can change like that though. Football is a funny old game. At least we have already seen us play crap (United, Watford, West Brom, Brighton, City). Surely we are due a decent game with a decent result soon?

----------------lloris
-----------------kane

I think this is what Poch will go for apart from obviously not sissoko and Eriksen filling in that role, with Son taking an AM spot.

The nature of the game tho might make him drop a centre back and put Lucas in too, but more likely that will happen if things get desperate in the second half.

Shame about Dier and Dembele imo but at least they will be a very fresh pairing for the leicester game.

Good point, they actually arent safe at all! Renewed optimism....

Personally I think they are stuffed, Chelsea A and Arsenal H are their next games. I dont think they will get anything.

With them 3 points above the drop with inferior GD Id be very worried if I were a fan of theirs.

SCBC and Swansea 3 points behind play tonight, and then SCBC have City H and Swansea have Stoke H

SCBC winning tonight would make things very interesting!

Given the team news, I'd go with the following, or the same names but in a 4-1-4-1 formation. I I dont see much point in playing 3 at the back given that they won't push forwards much and our full backs aren't really that attacking:

--------------------Lloris-----------------------

--Trippier---Alder-----Verts---Davies---

---------------Wanyama------Dele-------------

-------Moura-------Eriksen--------Son------

---------------------- Kane------------------------

subs: Vorm, Sanchez, Rose, Sissoko, Georgiou, Lamela, Llorente

We should start Sissoko. Maybe he'll score since it's his previous club we're playing.

I'm slightly underwhelmed by Moura so far. He looks exciting because he runs with the ball and has some neat tricks, but where is the end product?

Back