• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Toon *** OMT

Someone else posted this link, it is a great read, if long... but the key point is that Poch has used loads of different systems with 3 or 4 at the back, including 4141 with Wanyama as the 1 and Eriksen/Dele ahead in the 4

Also a 3-3-3-1 that looked like this:

Lloris
Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen
Walker, Wanyama, Rose
Sissoko, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...mauricio-pochettino-development-tactics-guide

Someone else posted this link, it is a great read, if long... but the key point is that Poch has used loads of different systems with 3 or 4 at the back, including 4141 with Wanyama as the 1 and Eriksen/Dele ahead in the 4

Also a 3-3-3-1 that looked like this:

Lloris
Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen
Walker, Wanyama, Rose
Sissoko, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...mauricio-pochettino-development-tactics-guide

Terrific read. And yes I remember the variations he played with just the 1 midfielder including 4-1-4-1 and 3-3-3-1
Rose and Walker made these systems so good though. Such a shame we have effectively lost both.

Lloris
Alder Sanchez Vertonghen
Trippier Wanyama Davies
Eriksen Dele Son
Kane

I like it. Poche do it. COYS

absolutely this. I would be so disappointed if we started with a back three AND two defensive midfielders in this game. Surely with both Dembele and Dier out it must be worth Eriksen dropping deeper and finding room for Moura. We need to outscore them not sit back and dilly dally.

Agreed. I have wanted Eriksen or Alli beside Dier for a while now...in Dier's absence (gutted BTW) beside Wanyama. I think both could flip-flop the position beside Wanyama and keep opposing on their toes...

I would take a bet that in goals and assists per minute, Moura outdoes both Sissoko and Lamela.

My main reason for playing Moura with Eriksen deep is that it allows both Lucas and Sonny to be found quickly and early with pinpoint pass accuracy from deep positions. Dele make such clever runs too, and Kane occupies at least two defenders, that it would be an attacking overload on paper.

My main reason for playing Moura with Eriksen deep is that it allows both Lucas and Sonny to be found quickly and early with pinpoint pass accuracy from deep positions. Dele make such clever runs too, and Kane occupies at least two defenders, that it would be an attacking overload on paper.

Exactly this. My thinking as well. Kane needs to "run about a bit" much more than he has recently though to make it work and decongest the middle.
Lets hope Poch does it.

I certainly think it has a major shot at ripping Newcash apart early. Lot os pressure on Wanyama to contain Shelvey, but we need to go for them...

An early Wanyama "reducer" may help. And wind him up to get him sent off ala Ali at St James Park.

An early Wanyama "reducer" may help. And wind him up to get him sent off ala Ali at St James Park.

Indeed. We could actually do with playing aggressively and a bit dirty IMO. A shame
Dier is not fit as I would’ve fancied him to really take the bit between his teeth!

----------------------Lloris-------------------

Trippier---Sanchez---------Toby------Rose

-----------Wanyama------Eriksen-----------

Son-----------------Moura---------------Alli

----------------------Kane--------------------

3-0 Spurs

After the disappointing defeat to bottom team WBA, we must win our remaining 2 matches to finish in top 4. But our performances have been very poor lately. It seems like almost all the players are already thinking about playing in the World Cup or enjoying post-season holidays ! Pochettino must do something to get the best out of the team for the remaining matches. It is not going to be easy as we have a poor record against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We have actually lost our last 3 matches at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the league ! It seems like Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been a sort of a bogey team for us in recent years. Let's hope all the players will lift their game to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Kane is supposed to be our key player in this match. But he is in such a poor form lately that not sure we can rely on him too much. I think if Kane does not get back his form for our remaining 2 matches, he should withdraw from England's World Cup squad. He is only going to embarrass himself if he plays like this in the World Cup. Kane has only scored 1 goal against Saudi Sportswashing Machine before. Let's hope he will find back his goal scoring boot and get a hattrick or more goals in this match. Remember, Kane has not scored more than 1 goal in any match since scoring 2 goals against Everton in January. Apart from Kane, we also need all our attacking players like Alli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Moura to lift their game as well. Son has been very poor in recent matches, but can see Pochettino starting him in this match. Maybe Lamela and Moura can come in later in the match as needed.

Our midfield have been very poor recently. It seems like all our midfielders have been struggling in recent matches. We need the likes of Dembele, Dier and Wanyama to play their best in this match. Wanyama has looked rusty since his injury. Dembele has looked tired but we will need him to lift his game in the remaining matches. Maybe Dier or Sissoko can partner Dembele in midfield in this match.

Our defence can't seem to keep the clean sheet nowadays. It was great to see Alderweireld coming back in defence against WBA. But it was disappointing the way we conceded the late goal after Vertonghen went off injured. It shows we need Alderweireld and Vertonghen to play together in defence. Hope both will be fit to play in both our remaining matches.

After staring this season promisingly, it is disappointing how we are struggling at the end of the season. We have no choice but to win both our remaining matches to finish in top 4 places. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine and move above Liverpool into 3rd place in the league.

Everybody dance now!

We need all the players to lift their game in this match. It is going to be a tensed match with us badly needing to win. We need to get an early goal to help our nerves settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to improve our chances to finish in top 3 place in the league.

Back