• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Reading OMT***

Good win. Needed a kick up the arse early on, I feel.

Immediate observations;

1) Daws makes our defense ever so slightly shakier (that Kebe one on one was horrendous to watch developing). Gallas, for all his faults, seemS to marshall his back line better than Daws does. I wonder if it's still the old problem with Daws, where he only played to his full potential when Ledley or Woodgate were lined up alongside him. Still, scored a goal and busted his nose for the cause, and did quite well, so can't complain, I suppose.

2)We're definitely luckier this season than we've been for many a preceding one. In previous seasons, that goal-bound header from a Reading corner when we were tottering would have gone in, and Dempsey's shot would have been deflected wide. That killer 3rd, and the saving lucky bounce that header took just seconds earlier, made the difference today.

Still, onwards and upwards. QPR will be a very tough game.

One more thought, think Walker deserves some real praise today. Bailed out Dawson after he stopped running to put his arm up in the air at 2-1 and overall at 2-1 looked to make things happen with some energetic forward runs, trying to induce some pace and purpose into our side as we were looking a bit too happy with the sideways passes for a while.

Terrible lapse late in second half. Players stopped pressing, stopped running, intensity just swtched off. Bbetter sides will punish us if this persists. It was like someone flicked the switch off!

Great win, well done Spurs, delighted to see Clint score, hope he starts next game. Delighted to see Daws score too, to think AVB and Levy nearly sold him, what a massive, massive error that would have been. Well done Siggy for the assist.

Hugo had an ok game, but nothing great.

Lovely feeling to be 6 points ahead of Arsenal, and well done Ade for scoring.

Last edited:
2)We're definitely luckier this season than we've been for many a preceding one. In previous seasons, that goal-bound header from a Reading corner when we were tottering would have gone in, and Dempsey's shot would have been deflected wide. That killer 3rd, and the saving lucky bounce that header took just seconds earlier, made the difference

I think we were pretty unlucky.

Their goal came from a flimflam free kick and other than Dempsey's goal they had loads of deflections that went straight to the keeper or wide.

You don't think the authorities know how to use google? :lol:

Not the ones I know :-"

Maybe if we're lucky they'll shut down his twitter account for advertising them, like you lot on here always brick your pants if we post the links

30+ shots on goal, cant complain about that I suppose. certainly everyone seems to fancy taking shots from distance nowadays.
Think the Dembele sub was more precaution than tactical, I still dont think he is 100% fit, which is frightening to think how good he will be when he is.
Maybe Saudi Sportswashing Machine could do us a favour tomorrow to help open up a nice little gap. Still potentially only in 5th place with the matches in hand that Chelsea and Arsenal have.

Solid performance. I have to say it was a bit nervy for that period in the 2nd half where we were on the back-foot for 5-10 minutes (looking back was no longer than that but seemed an age at the time), but every team in the Premiership has a spell in a game where they do something. I felt we kept our concentration and purpose well after going a goal down and AVB made good subs to get the 3rd goal and see the game out. Parker and Dempsey looked good when they came on.

Thought Lennon was great again though, really took the game to them.

Generally a good performance today. A little bit lucky with Reading's poor finishing in the second half and a big deflection for Dempsey's goal, but with 30+ shots on goal you can make your own luck here.

Lennon MOTM for me.

We are definately a good side with a squad which is the envy of many, also you can see improvement everytime we play I am well appy!

I think we were pretty unlucky.

Their goal came from a flimflam free kick and other than Dempsey's goal they had loads of deflections that went straight to the keeper or wide.

Because we shot so often from outside the box, deflections are always likely. But getting that massively deflected goal just seconds after that header was cleared of the line? That has to be luck, mate.

Back