• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco OMT ***

Really good news about Bentaleb. Would start him and Carroll in CM tomorrow night and rest Dier and Alli. Hopefully Onomah will play as well

Great news on bentalab, hopefully get 50/60 mins under his belt tomorrow night, or even just 1 half would help the workload on the CM's. Same with chadli on the attacking mids, keep Son or Lamela fresh. Need to get Pritchard back to be able to rest eriksen with a like for like replacement.

Great news on bentalab, hopefully get 50/60 mins under his belt tomorrow night, or even just 1 half would help the workload on the CM's. Same with chadli on the attacking mids, keep Son or Lamela fresh. Need to get Pritchard back to be able to rest eriksen with a like for like replacement.

This

So far you could deduce we're starting with...

?
Trippier...?...?...Davies

Alli...Bentaleb
N'Jie...Son...Chadli

Onomah

Any others? I'd guess at Lloris, Alderweireld and Wimmer as the others, with a bench of Kane, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Lamela, Dier, Vorm.

So far you could deduce we're starting with...

?
Trippier...?...?...Davies

Alli...Bentaleb
N'Jie...Son...Chadli

Onomah

Any others? I'd guess at Lloris, Alderweireld and Wimmer as the others, with a bench of Kane, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Lamela, Dier, Vorm.

It'll be Son or Njie up top if Kane's not starting.

Id like to see how Dembele would fare upfront for us - tomorrow could be a good time to try it out.

Re the ongoing rotation debate - making wholesale changes across the board is a waste of a fixture imo - the outcome of the game may have little actual importance but it's an opportunity to test things out in a competitive game if nothing else. So if giving youngsters a run out is what we intend to do, mixing them in with first team players will tell us more about their development than it would if the whole XI was rotated. For example seeing how Wimmer performs alongside one of Adlerweireld/Vertonghen is better than seeing how he plays with CCV/Fazio, putting N'Jie up top without decent support players in the AM positions doesn't show wether he is ready to step in for Kane in league games, and so on.

With that in mind I would go for something like :

Lloris
Trippier Wimmer Alderwiereld Davies
Bentaleb Dier
Onomah Son Chadli
N'Jie

Walker Rose Vertonghen Alli Dembele Erksen and Kane all get a rest
We give our first backup defender a chance to form a partnership with one of our established CBs
Bentaleb gets some game time and we see how he fares with Dier
Chadli gets a run out after injury, Onomah gets a chance to impress for the full 90
N'jie gets some good support from Son who naturally likes to push forward which makes it more of a 2 up top when we're attacking.

We manage to rest 7 key players whilst fielding a strong team and giving our first in line youngsters some experience alongside players they would most likely play with should they get chances in the league

Last edited:
It will be good to see Chadli back, he averages a goal every 3/4 games in the Lge last year. He has missed the last 6 Prem games and if he had managed to keep that ratio up we may have turned more of those draws into wins.

If we want to see how Wimmer perform in the first team then sub him on at some stage in a first team environment. You cant judge him amongst unmotivated first team made to turn out in a dead rubber playing a completely different tempo than we do in the Premier League.

Tomorrow should be about squad management and keeping players on the fringe of our squad happy.
Looking at some of the team people are suggesting how are we supposed to get the likes of Vorm, Fazio, Carroll happy if they cant get a game in a dead rubber? And our kids all know that this game is the only chance left of a game this season.

I don't think he's strong enough to be the focal point up front that we use when staging our attacks.
out wide his pace is wasted as he still needs to be able to play a final pass/cross or dribble with it more in order to create a chance....however his basic footballing skills don't appear to be that good from what I've seen

I'm hoping that this is the one where Onomah gets the start. Don't think we'll see either Chadli or Bentaleb from the start, as nice as it is to have them back.

-------------Lloris-----
Trippier--THE FAZ--Wimmer-Davies
--------Alli------Carroll-----
Onomah---Son-------Lamela
----------NJie------

A drawr is all we need for top spot. But we should set out to win and finish first. It definitely is the preferred finishing position. Someone suggested earlier that it doern't matter as by finishing first we might face the likes of Dortmund. That would be awesome, what a fun away day. Then again, Dortmund are decent bets to top their group when play wraps up. Missing them is not all bad either.

The other consideration is that Monaco are in a fairly decent scrap themselves for a top free finish and CL qualification. They're currently fourf, just two points out of second. They host foisty 6th-place St. Etienne at Stade d'Ennui on Sunday. So they've got plenty of issues to juggle as well.

Last edited:
I'm puzzled by people putting N'Jie up top, of the two, I think that Son looks more ready to play that position for us.

Tottenham’s Harry Kane set to be rested against Monaco in Europa League
• England striker has played in all 21 of his club’s games this season
• Mousa Dembélé withdraws after missing training with a stomach bug

Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane in training, but he may not feature in Tottenham’s Europa League match against Monaco. Photograph: Paul Childs/Reuters

Mauricio Pochettino says Harry Kane may be rested for Tottenham’s Europa League match at home to Monaco on Thursday while Mousa Dembélé is definitely out because he is ill.

Dembélé missed training on Wednesday after suffering a stomach bug and key players like Kane could also sit out the match, given Spurs are already through to the knockout stages.

A draw against Monaco would ensure Pochettino’s side finished first in the group, which would also guarantee them a seeding going into the last 32. Kane, however, has played in all of Tottenham’s 21 fixtures this season and endured a hectic summer, after going to Australia on the club’s post-season tour and then playing for England Under-21s.

“Is it a chance to rest him? Maybe yes,” Pochettino said. “He is in the squad but it is true we need to assess him and we still have to decide the starting 11.”

Pochettino has resisted the temptation to make wholesale changes in the Europa League so far and suggested he will retain a number of core players again.

“There may be one or two more changes but not much,” Pochettino said. “I think the squad we have is strong enough to compete in different competitions but maybe if you compare (the team) to the game against Qarabag there will be some changes, but not too much.”

Pochettino added: “Always it is tough, it was a tough decision when we played against Qarabag and now it’s tough again. Always we share the information with the sports science and medical department. We make the best decision for every game. Tomorrow is a good opportunity to finish first and win the group, this is our objective.”

Nabil Bentaleb and Nacer Chadli will both be in the squad after recovering from foot and ankle injuries respectively. Chadli has not played since the goalless draw against Liverpool on 17 October and he believes Tottenham can get even better with a fully-fit squad. Ryan Mason and Alex Pritchard (both ankle) remain sidelined.

“It was frustrating for me to be on the side and be injured so you’re not part of the team,” Chadli said. “But you’re always happy when your team do well. If everyone is fit we have more chances to do even better so it’s good some players are coming back from injuries. Hopefully if players don’t have so many injuries we can get even better results.”

There may also be an opportunity for some of Tottenham’s youngsters with Tom Carroll, Joshua Onomah and Harry Winks all hoping for a chance to shine in the first team.

“They may have the opportunity to play in the next few games or later this season,” Pochettino said. “They are very young but they show every day they have the quality to play for Tottenham. We have a lot of talent in behind, in the academy. Always the young players need time to develop and be mature enough in the head to play in the Premier League for a team like Tottenham.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/09/tottenham-monaco-europa-league-harry-kane

So... to maintain 1st place after the group stage and gain (possibly) easier opponents in 1/16, we can even loose to Monaco in one goal as long as Anderlecht wins against Qarabah with one goal margin.
There are also many scenarios when we'll have absolutely equal result with belgians - if we loose 0-1 and Anderlecht wins 2-1 for example. Still, if my memory doesn't fail me, we'll end 1st because of our higher club coefficient (which is the last thing that takes into consideration when teams end with the same amount of points).

I'll rest as much first team players as possible. We've got much work to do in EPL and should care more about some players who are being overplayed (Jan, Toby, Kane etc).

Back