• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco OMT ***

There is a big difference in the calibre of the teams we'd play if we finish 1st vs 2nd

I'd still rotate 2-3 though (on top of the usual FB swap). Something like (depending on NB and NC's fitness):

----------------Lloris
Trippier---Alder--Wimmer---Davies
----------Bentaleb/Dier--Alli
-Lamela-----Dembele----Chadli/Njie
-----------------Son

There is a big difference in the calibre of the teams we'd play if we finish 1st vs 2nd

I'd still rotate 2-3 though (on top of the usual FB swap). Something like (depending on NB and NC's fitness):

----------------Lloris
-----------------Son

No, there isn't.

----------------Lloris
-----------------Son

Alderweireld?
Sure lets rotate but select the player who's played the most minutes for us this season already - 90 minutes in every game for us apart from the League Cup and 90 minutes in each of Belgium's 5 games.

No, there isn't.

If we win group, it's looking at the moment like: Fenerbahce, Sion, Midtjylland, Vienna, St Etienne, Lokamotiv, Sparta, Partisan; with only Dortmund, Marsaille and Fiorentina standing out.

If we come 2nd, we could be up against: PSV, Galatasaray, Valencia, Napoli, Villareal, Lazio, Basel, Schalke or Athletico

Alderweireld?
Sure lets rotate but select the player who's played the most minutes for us this season already - 90 minutes in every game for us apart from the League Cup and 90 minutes in each of Belgium's 5 games.

Thought he'd be better to martial the 3 2nd choice defenders.

Then maybe go Verts-Wimmer, with Walker and Rose, against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Norwich.

----------------Lloris
-----------------Son

There is no way we should be play Dier on Thursday. He's far too important to us

I'd add Toby to that, and subtract Mousa - don't want Toby get burned out heading into the second half of the season. However, I don' t think we have much choice when it comes to playing him: play Fazio and Wimmer and we'll probably lose, whereas we stand a fair chance with Toby + someone.

When it comes to Mousa, I'm not sure, I think we'll have enough heft in the central midfield once Bentaleb returns to cope with resting Mousa then. Now, if it's a choice of playing Alli, Dier or Mousa, I'd go with Dembele.
After the punishment he took against WBA, Dembele deserves a rest. Dier also looked leggy so I'd give those two a day off.

There are plenty of 1st team squad players with very few minutes on the pitch this season. Give them all a chance I say and let them try and play their way into the managers plans for the first team.

There are plenty of 1st team squad players with very few minutes on the pitch this season. Give them all a chance I say and let them try and play their way into the managers plans for the first team.

I agree

If we win group, it's looking at the moment like: Fenerbahce, Sion, Midtjylland, Vienna, St Etienne, Lokamotiv, Sparta, Partisan; with only Dortmund, Marsaille and Fiorentina standing out.

If we come 2nd, we could be up against: PSV, Galatasaray, Valencia, Napoli, Villareal, Lazio, Basel, Schalke or Athletico

You are literally making up your own rules for the seeding for the next round.

You completely ignored the 4 CL teams we can get if finish second.

You are literally making up your own rules for the seeding for the next round.

You completely ignored the 4 CL teams we can get if finish second.

No - that's currently PSV, Galatasaray and Valencia. The 4th team are Arsenal, who I don't think we can get yet (being from the same league)

There is no way we should be play Dier on Thursday. He's far too important to us

Not much choice with Mason out and Bentaleb unlikely. Carroll isn't really up to this level and Winks doesn't look ready yet.

I suppose we could drop Dembele into CM and go Lamela-Eriksen-Chadli/Njie

Not much choice with Mason out and Bentaleb unlikely. Carroll isn't really up to this level and Winks doesn't look ready yet.

I thought that he looked pretty good when he came on against Qarabag and certainly did not look out of his depth at Swansea last year. I'd agree that he is a long way off staking a claim for a first team place but I think that he is capable of starting a game like this.

Carroll looked as if he has gained a yard of pace aswell. I don't think we should risk important players.

Carroll definitely is good enough, particularly as this is a (semi) dead rubber!! Whats the point him being in the squad otherwise?

I thought that he looked pretty good when he came on against Qarabag and certainly did not look out of his depth at Swansea last year. I'd agree that he is a long way off staking a claim for a first team place but I think that he is capable of starting a game like this.

I agree with you. Carroll should play if Mason or Bentaleb are unfit

I agree with you. Carroll should play if Mason or Bentaleb are unfit

There is always the option of playing him further forward.

I am assuming that the coaching team will be looking at the performance/fitness data and making a decision on who most needs a rest based on this. Without this, it is difficult for us to have a clear idea of who will be rested.

-------------------Lloris-------------------
Trippier----Fazio----Wimmer-----Davies
-------------Bentaleb---Carroll------------
-----Townsend----Chadli-----N'Jie--------
----------------------Son---------------------

I doubt Chadli or Bentaleb will be fit enough, maybe Bentaleb.

There will probably be a few first teamers involved. Vertonghen, Dier, Eriksen, Lamela possibly.

I think it was more how he got completely overran against Arsenal reserves in the LC. To me that game was a big marker of the gulf between the rest of our squad and the substandard Vorm, Fazio and Carroll.

He did look better when he came off the bench against Qarabag though

Back