• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco OMT ***

Carroll definitely is good enough, particularly as this is a (semi) dead rubber!! Whats the point him being in the squad otherwise?

I don't think he would have seen out August if so many of our midfielders hadn't come back from summer internationals injured. We probably just decided to take the £2-3m hit of letting him see out his contract.

I wouldn't want us to rush back Chadli and Bentaleb if they aren't ready. Poch doesn't seem like he rushes players back from injury either.

I think Carroll is plenty good enough to play at number 10 in a game that we don't even need to win (a draw sees us top the group, right?)

I think it was more how he got completely overran against Arsenal reserves in the LC. To me that game was a big marker of the gulf between the rest of our squad and the substandard Vorm, Fazio and Carroll.

He did look better when he came off the bench against Qarabag though

I don't agree that he was completely overran against Arsenal in the League Cup. He wasn't at fault for their goals and the consensus post match was that we should have got at least a draw from the match. We lost because of individual mistakes by Fazio and Vorm.

I wouldn't want us to rush back Chadli and Bentaleb if they aren't ready. Poch doesn't seem like he rushes players back from injury either.

I think Carroll is plenty good enough to play at number 10 in a game that we don't even need to win (a draw sees us top the group, right?)

Carroll needs to be given a chance. How many people would have thought before this season that Dier would be outstanding in CM? Or that Lamela would now be semi decent? Would be good to see Carroll after Poch has got his hands on him

Carroll needs to be given a chance. How many people would have thought before this season that Dier would be outstanding in CM? Or that Lamela would now be semi decent? Would be good to see Carroll after Poch has got his hands on him

I agree with you. Poch obviously likes him to a degree, because he has used him this season. He wouldn't get a minute otherwise.

I think it was more how he got completely overran against Arsenal reserves in the LC. To me that game was a big marker of the gulf between the rest of our squad and the substandard Vorm, Fazio and Carroll.

He did look better when he came off the bench against Qarabag though

One thing you must've learned watching Poch is that he works on a meritocracy. He tells you what he wants from you, he declares that you are paid to train not to be in the team, he decides that based on your training. Obviously since L'Arse game, he has seen Carroll delivering enough of what was asked to put him into the Quarabag game at a vital time. Carroll was really good that night. I think you will be surprised. Perhaps the guy has decided to step up all the way. Like Dembele did. Not saying he will force his way into the first-team, but perhaps into the squad for moments such as Thursday. As I mentioned earlier, I'd play him with Alli.

He's leaving on a Bosman in 7 months time. Better to develop Winks.

If he is a) ready and b) good enough

None of which we have seen so far

We have to play a team in this which minimises any risks we have to the squad and its A game for rotation and not just the full backs and that's it. Njie, son, Lamella, Onomah, carrol , wimmer, Davies, trippier should all start as there all first team players who have played in and started games this season

Don't think we'll see this, but it's the team I'd like to see...

-------------------------- Vorm
Trippier----- Fazio -------- Wimmer ------ Davies
----------- Veljkovic -------- Bentaleb
-- Onomah ----------- Mason --------------- Njie
--------------------------- Son ---------------------

Bench: Lloris, Vertonghen, CCV, Lamela, Winks, Eriksen, Kane.

I struggle to fathom the workings of your mind sometimes. You say with certainty that Carroll is leaving on a Bosman but you are also certain that Veljković is just waiting for a better contract offer.

I struggle to fathom the workings of your mind sometimes. You say with certainty that Carroll is leaving on a Bosman but you are also certain that Veljković is just waiting for a better contract offer.

Levy doesn't let senior players that are wanted get into the last year of their contract, whereas youth team players are generally always only contracted up to the end of their 3rd year.

You are literally making up your own rules for the seeding for the next round.

You completely ignored the 4 CL teams we can get if finish second.

No - that's currently PSV, Galatasaray and Valencia. The 4th team are Arsenal, who I don't think we can get yet (being from the same league)

My typo what i meant was you ignored the 4 CL team we can get if we finish 1st.
By my reckoning and looking at oddschecker Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Shaktar and Galatasaray will be unseeded meaning we can face them if we finish top and Porto, Valencia, Arsenal and United seeded (2 of which we cant draw anyway). So finishing 2nd means we have less potential CL team we can face.
We'll see on Wednesday what way its ends up.

Levy doesn't let senior players that are wanted get into the last year of their contract, whereas youth team players are generally always only contracted up to the end of their 3rd year.

The point is that you do not know what Carroll or Veljković's contract situation is, you could end up being right but right now neither you nor I have a monkey's what's going on. I think that you do yourself no favours by posting guesswork and speculation as fact.

I would say again that if he proves his worth he could earn whatever. Agree, he likely does not have a long term future BUT his attitude is strong.

Will be at this one, my first ever Europa League fixture. Never easy getting to these due to getting back for work the next day. Hope that this isn't a total dead rubber of a fixture.,

Bentaleb, Mason & Chadli could have been really useful here ...

To rest -> Jan, Rose, Walker, Dier, Dembele, Kane

To play -> Lloris, Toby (think we need his leadership at CB), Wimmer, Davies, Trippier, Lamela, Alli, Lamela, Son, Njie +1

Bentaleb, Mason & Chadli could have been really useful here ...

To rest -> Jan, Rose, Walker, Dier, Dembele, Kane

To play -> Lloris, Toby (think we need his leadership at CB), Wimmer, Davies, Trippier, Lamela, Alli, Lamela, Son, Njie +1
I think that +1 should also be Lamela.

Rest everyone that is likely to start vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Vorm
Trippier-Fazio-Wimmer-Davies
Winks-Bentaleb
Onomah-Carroll-Townsend
Clinton

Back