• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco OMT ***

I'm puzzled by people putting N'Jie up top, of the two, I think that Son looks more ready to play that position for us.

Depends on who the 3 attacking (and 2 deep) midfielders are for me. Son looks much further along than Clinton in all positions they can play, unsurprisingly. But if we have a somewhat makeshift team I would rather see Son somewhat wider to get him involved more rather than isolated up front with a not particularly well functioning midfield behind him.

If we want to see how Wimmer perform in the first team then sub him on at some stage in a first team environment. You cant judge him amongst unmotivated first team made to turn out in a dead rubber playing a completely different tempo than we do in the Premier League.

Tomorrow should be about squad management and keeping players on the fringe of our squad happy.
Looking at some of the team people are suggesting how are we supposed to get the likes of Vorm, Fazio, Carroll happy if they cant get a game in a dead rubber? And our kids all know that this game is the only chance left of a game this season.

If first team players start tomorrow and they put in poor unmotivated performances I'll hold my hand up and say that I was wrong saying that starting a handful of first team players was a good idea. (Going by Pochettino's comments he'll have to do the same behind closed doors.)

If first team players start tomorrow and put in a solid performance will you likewise hold your hand up and say that you were wrong?

If first team players start tomorrow and they put in poor unmotivated performances I'll hold my hand up and say that I was wrong saying that starting a handful of first team players was a good idea. (Going by Pochettino's comments he'll have to do the same behind closed doors.)

If first team players start tomorrow and put in a solid performance will you likewise hold your hand up and say that you were wrong?
I'd say that pretty much all of our BT Sport 5 matches for a few years have been unmotivated (or at least far less motivated than a PL match).

Obviously they could have all been performing poorly in a lot of matches, but a lack of motivation seems to fit well. I'd be interested to see distance covered, etc for these matches against PL but I'm not sure that would compare like for like on such a sample size. After all, BT Sport 5 teams are probably League 1 standard on average so I'd expect out players to have to run a lot less. I'd also expect them to find the matches easier than they do, which is partly what makes me think they don't care as much.

I'm puzzled by people putting N'Jie up top, of the two, I think that Son looks more ready to play that position for us.

This is really going to simplify things but there are similarities between Njie and our old pal Azza Lennon. Both have extreme pace but neither are blessed with dazzling football skills (though Lennon's ball control and trapping of Dawson's 50 yard cross field hoofs was under-rated). Lennon's big weakness undisputedly was/is his crossing and final ball - he'd skin his man for pace but too often the ball wouldn't find its target. If Njie plays through the middle then if he beats the clogger CB who he's up against then he's through on goal and doesn't need to worry about the final ball - I fear that if we try to play him out wide then we'll fall into the same situation as with Lennon, namely repeatedly moaning that his final ball isn't good enough

This is really going to simplify things but there are similarities between Njie and our old pal Azza Lennon. Both have extreme pace but neither are blessed with dazzling football skills (though Lennon's ball control and trapping of Dawson's 50 yard cross field hoofs was under-rated). Lennon's big weakness undisputedly was/is his crossing and final ball - he'd skin his man for pace but too often the ball wouldn't find its target. If Njie plays through the middle then if he beats the clogger CB who he's up against then he's through on goal and doesn't need to worry about the final ball - I fear that if we try to play him out wide then we'll fall into the same situation as with Lennon, namely repeatedly moaning that his final ball isn't good enough

If we signed N'Jie to knock in crosses we've got a problem

if we have a somewhat makeshift team I would rather see Son somewhat wider to get him involved more rather than isolated up front with a not particularly well functioning midfield behind him.?

tickle my balls with a feather for me.

If we were playing our 1st team and Kane was injured then I would prefer Son upfront. However if the whole team is largely second string then it makes sense for your better players to be more involved - in which case play Son in attacking midfield where he can get more of the ball and Clinton up front.

CV4rgzXWwAA5a0c.jpg

Good to see 2CV, Bemtaleb and Chadli on the bench. Hopefully we can see them at some point.

Stuck in traffic :( not good. If you're sitting in PL tonight, I'll be one of the two guys coming in near half time.

Like that line up - will be interesting to see how it fares against a good side who will be going for the win.

Really want to see a good performance from Carroll

Depends on who the 3 attacking (and 2 deep) midfielders are for me. Son looks much further along than Clinton in all positions they can play, unsurprisingly. But if we have a somewhat makeshift team I would rather see Son somewhat wider to get him involved more rather than isolated up front with a not particularly well functioning midfield behind him.

Fair enough but we never play at premier league pace in the Europa. The first team players always saving themselves with only players with something to prove putting in performances. The difference in the energy of Kane and everyone else in the 2013/14 and 2014/15 Europas was ridiculous.

Looking at the current scores from the 6pm games and the Cl results last night. there is no difference between the quality of 1st and second seeds.
1st Porto, Olympiacos, Leverkusen, Napoli, Krasnodar, Molde, Rapid Vienna, Braga,
2nd Valencia, Sevilla, Galasataray, Shaktar Donetsk, Dortmund, Villaread, Marseilles, Fenerbache, Sion, Midtjylland

Dier will come off around half time is think for Bentaleb. All depends on the score & Bentaleb's fitness.

Back