• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco OMT ***

Fair enough but we never play at premier league pace in the Europa. The first team players always saving themselves with only players with something to prove putting in performances. The difference in the energy of Kane and everyone else in the 2013/14 and 2014/15 Europas was ridiculous.

Looking at the current scores from the 6pm games and the Cl results last night. there is no difference between the quality of 1st and second seeds.
1st Porto, Olympiacos, Leverkusen, Napoli, Krasnodar, Molde, Rapid Vienna, Braga,
2nd Valencia, Sevilla, Galasataray, Shaktar Donetsk, Dortmund, Villaread, Marseilles, Fenerbache, Sion, Midtjylland

If anything, I'd choose a team from the group 1.

Looks like finishing second would be best. We can't draw Liverpool or ManU next round, so the toughest teams would be Napoli, Porto and Leverkusen compared to Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal, Dortmund, Marseille, Shaktar, Fenerbache, Galatasaray.

Very quiet on here... come on... spout some bullsh.it I can disagree with vehemently, I'm too calm.

As Ben Pearce just said on Twitter, the message to Fazio and Townsend seems clear. Not on the bench whereas Onomah, 2CV etc are.

I note Fazio won the U20 world cup a few years ago, and won the EL with Sevilla... what happened to him, thought him and Poch would love one another!

Will be good to see Wimmer against decent opposition, Traore is a big unit so it is a clash of the titans.

With Dembele out and Bentaleb not ready to start, we have no choice. But you know that, fisherman.

Surely 19 year old Wicks or 20 year Veljkovic could work as a replacement for 21 year old Dier or 19 year old Alli?
Don't pretend we have no choice it doesn't matter if we finish top in this group or second. We'll finish top anyway as Anderlecht wont beat Qarabag.

Very quiet on here... come on... spout some bullsh.it I can disagree with vehemently, I'm too calm.

As Ben Pearce just said on Twitter, the message to Fazio and Townsend seems clear. Not on the bench whereas Onomah, 2CV etc are.

I note Fazio won the U20 world cup a few years ago, and won the EL with Sevilla... what happened to him, thought him and Poch would love one another!

Will be good to see Wimmer against decent opposition, Traore is a big unit so it is a clash of the titans.

Townsend is on the bench, isn't he? :confused:

Surely 19 year old Wicks or 20 year Veljkovic could work as a replacement for 21 year old Dier or 19 year old Alli?
Don't pretend we have no choice it doesn't matter if we finish top in this group or second. We'll finish top anyway as Anderlecht wont beat Qarabag.

Both Wicks and Veljkovic played the full 90 minutes against Southampton for the U21s on Monday

I'd say that pretty much all of our BT Sport 5 matches for a few years have been unmotivated (or at least far less motivated than a PL match).

Obviously they could have all been performing poorly in a lot of matches, but a lack of motivation seems to fit well. I'd be interested to see distance covered, etc for these matches against PL but I'm not sure that would compare like for like on such a sample size. After all, BT Sport 5 teams are probably League 1 standard on average so I'd expect out players to have to run a lot less. I'd also expect them to find the matches easier than they do, which is partly what makes me think they don't care as much.

Definitely when it comes to away games, it looks like a training match sometimes

Back