• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood Testimonial OMT Spurs v Aston Villa 11th April

The loss was nothing to do with Captain Bellend telling his team to shuffle across a bit and everything to do with our team putting in no effort and continually making mistakes.

Anyone watching the game could have seen that.

I will never expect you to admit that Sherwood - that clown who you said had no idea of tactics - outplayed, out thought and out foxed Pochettino and played to the strengths of their number 1 player, who you said was pile of crap - and both of them won them the game

I will never expect you to admit that Sherwood - that clown who you said had no idea of tactics - outplayed, out thought and out foxed Pochettino and played to the strengths of their number 1 player, who you said was pile of crap - and both of them won them the game
Because he didn't. And I never claimed that Benteke is crap, just stupid, overpriced and little more than a big lump. He's done nothing to dissuade me of that opinion.

His team is fighting relegation and played like it. Our team are on their summer holidays and played like it. Nothing more to it than that. Well, except Poch's continual picking of Townsend.

Because he didn't. And I never claimed that Benteke is crap, just stupid, overpriced and little more than a big lump. He's done nothing to dissuade me of that opinion.

His team is fighting relegation and played like it. Our team are on their summer holidays and played like it. Nothing more to it than that. Well, except Poch's continual picking of Townsend.
well if that isnt a definition of cr@p then i dont know what is

Stupid to make our only leader on the pitch captain?
That's not stupid.
Risky because of his age, but not stupid.

And like I said, 2 games shows you nothing about how's it affected his performance or if he is a captain or

well if that isnt a definition of cr@p then i dont know what is
It's the definition of a £10-15M lump that's useful in a long ball side.

No good for our style (or what we're aiming for) and certainly not worth the ridiculous money Villa were asking for.

He'll be a decent enough PL journeyman but would struggle in a team that others defend against who play the ball on the ground.

Poch on Sky: "Benteke is one of the best strikers in the Premier League" - but of course he wouldn't know... :D

It's the definition of a £10-15M lump that's useful in a long ball side.

No good for our style (or what we're aiming for) and certainly not worth the ridiculous money Villa were asking for.

He'll be a decent enough PL journeyman but would struggle in a team that others defend against who play the ball on the ground.

That big lump has our defenders tinkling in their pants all afternoon, seemed to be made of velcro with each ball sticking to him and then laying it off accurately. He gets one good chance and buries it.
But of course, in the gospel of scara, he would not have been any use for us if he were playing in lillywhite today. The inch perfect pass putting Agbonlahor free on the stroke of half time shows how he would struggle in our colours.

Instead we have sophisticated almost 30 mill striker, who clearly is neither a big lump nor a journeyman, is free in the box and can't bring the ball under control for a shot on an empty net.

Journeyman lump or sophisticated Spaniard? We sure got the better deal!

Back in the hotel room after the game...and a hefty drink to dull the pain.

Pathetic performance. Nearly every player on that pitch, with the odd exception, needs to take a good look at themselves. Apologies to single out individuals, but that for me was by far Bentalebs worse performance in a Spurs shirt, Eriksen looks an alien imposter to the one earlier this season and Chadli..what a complete wimp.

As Shaney rightly points out, Saudi Sportswashing Machine,Southampton,Stoke and Everton will be counting the days until the y play us. Even Hull will fancy this one, whereas City at home I honestly feel a complete humiliation could be on the cards if something doesn't change soon

i like to think that the reason the season has turned to tits is because the players who Poch dont want clearly know he dont want them now and are just not bothering. I mean we know we can play good, we smashed Chelsea and dominated Arsenal, which gives me hope for some of the players and makes me believe in Poch, he's a likeable guy too.

I just cant wait to get to the summer now.

i like to think that the reason the season has turned to tits is because the players who Poch dont want clearly know he dont want them now and are just not bothering. I mean we know we can play good, we smashed Chelsea and dominated Arsenal, which gives me hope for some of the players and makes me believe in Poch, he's a likeable guy too.

I just cant wait to get to the summer now.

Hate to burst your bubble mate but the reason we have bottomed points directly at Eriksen, Chadli, Mason and Bentaleb. None of them are realistically on Poch's out tray.

But if thinking like that offers a crumb of comfort, I'm not going to spoil it for you...

What is so frustrating is that realistically there is no one who can realistically change this rut. Dembele? Lamela? Soldado? (says in whispers) Adebayor? You must be joking.

Hate to burst your bubble mate but the reason we have bottomed points directly at Eriksen, Chadli, Mason and Bentaleb. None of them are realistically on Poch's out tray.

But if thinking like that offers a crumb of comfort, I'm not going to spoil it for you...

Eriksen has no balls. If everyone under performing so is he. One of the most disappointing footballers in the team considering his talent. Chadli will be nothing more than a bit part player next year, have him play some cup games, but well clear from the starting line up. Mason will be a squad player next year. Only Bentaleb and Eriksen out of the four you mentiond I'd expect to be in the starting eleven next season. If one of them isn't sold of course.

Well done villa, even more of an impressive performance from the players bearing in mind they would have had some imbecile in their ear telling them to do different things all week.

What is so frustrating is that realistically there is no one who can realistically change this rut. Dembele? Lamela? Soldado? (says in whispers) Adebayor? You must be joking.

We have two attacks that have looked good when played.

Kane
Chadli - Eriksen - Lamela​

and

Kane
Eriksen - Dembele - Lamela​

Neither play anymore.

Back