• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood Testimonial OMT Spurs v Aston Villa 11th April

Hmmmmm .... will spend many a day wracking my brains for what MoPo has brought to this club.

It won't take as long to realise what we lost by ditching Tim.
Nothing. The guy is awful.

Gone backwards 100%. Boring football, sideways, predictable. Dreadful.

I actually wanted villa to win today to show everyone how bad a manager he is.

By the way, on a serious note am I allowed to mention loaning my ST x 2 to anyone on here next season or is it a strike.

We are now at the end of the beginning. It stated with Jol and carrick. Moved through the Harry and Bale ON THE LEFT stage and AVB and Timmy. Now Pooch is stuck with a squad he doesn't want and shouldn't have been bought.

Getting 6th or 7th is going to be difficult for a few years. Levy should let the manger buy players for a few years, can't be worse than him and baldini or pleat, sherwood combo that's been favoured. Getting good players is gonna be a chore in itself now. To dare is to do is dead at this club.

I think 6/7th with this group of players is a miracle

Benteke is just another Andy Carroll or Kevin Davies. Very effective in the right system. Lambert's side played the ball on the floor too much for him.

This is so pathetically biased and ridiculous that it does not even merit a response. Benteke is another Andy Carroll?? Oh sure...

Say what you want but sold ado is a real man , always ready to protect his fellow players.

If only we could put Soldado' brain in Adebayor' body we'd have a great player with a fantastic attitude, instead of a likeable striker who can't hit a barn door plus an infuriating one who doesn't seem bothered about performing on even a semi-regular basis.

Are we tired now? We've had a full week to prepare. Everybody said as soon we no longer had midweek games we would reap the benefits.

Oh, we're definitely tired. I think it's more mental than physical, though - whereas previously we might have been able to just carry on through brute momentum and inertia, now the lads have a full week to reflect on their own tiredness, and I think that's had a worse effect than just continuing with mid-week games, oddly enough.

Looks like Poch is not the Messiah. I was hoping that he had introduced a meritocracy of sorts but he has not. There are a few players that played today that have been picked repeatedly irrespective of their form.

Some of the players should be ashamed of the way they played to be honest. The lack of commitment on show is hard to watch.

Looks like Poch is not the Messiah. I was hoping that he had introduced a meritocracy of sorts but he has not. There are a few players that played today that have been picked repeatedly irrespective of their form.

Some of the players should be ashamed of the way they played to be honest. The lack of commitment on show is hard to watch.

Townsend is the only one I can think of who absolutely does not deserve to be in the side, and that too only because I think Lamela's offered more in his recent sub appearances than Townsend has from his starting position. And even here, there's at least a partial explanation for his selection - after all, he scored for Woy.

Apart from that....Chadli, I guess? I'd agree, but we don't have anyone better to put in his position.

I think a greater problem is playing Eriksen out wide. That's something I'm very baffled by.

Sold my ticket on stub hub. Actually got better things to do with my life now. Maybe it's age but I don't really care that much about football now.

I am at a point where I really am thinking of giving my ST up next year. My 2 bros don't go and loan their season tickets out but we are thinking of just losing them.

I can count on one hand the games I've been to this year. Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Chelsea, west brom I think.

Some of our fans wonder why we are generally considered a laughing stock ? We give them all the ammo they will ever need.

I only watched the second half, but I can't see how anyone can say Villa were the better side today, they didn't dominate us, they just aimed to hit us on the break.

As I said earlier, we are at an AVB level of performance with so little movement off the front and little quality. Not enough players showing for the ball and certainly not enough movement off the ball from Townsend and Chadli. We are aiming to play intricate stuff through teams that are sitting back and congesting the middle, it's infuriating that when we work it wide no one wants to gamble with a cross even when it isn't such a gamble.

Lets face it, at times we have been carried by Eriksen and Kane. Now both of those are out of form and the other attacking "threats" we should have are not stepping up.

The most disappointing part of today and most recent games in fact has been how some of our players clearly do not enjoy the physical stuff. Eriksen being the number one candidate. Constantly pulling up short in 50-50 situations. Very weak in the tackle lately too. At the start of the season, we were dispossessing sides in mid field and catching them on the break, but not now.

Don't forget that other players were picked repeatedly despite form previously, players need a run in the side to show what they can do. It's not like we have better options on the bench is it, I'm fed up with Townsend as well but Lamela has been equally useless, ditto Capoue and Mason, it doesn't really matter who we play where, they all need to be replaced.

Back