• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood Testimonial OMT Spurs v Aston Villa 11th April

Poch thinks Townsend is our best choice for right wing forward.

Even good managers think some really stupid stuff sometimes.
Our manager thinks stupid things all the time. Kaboul captain, ade vice, playing them. Other fkr the first 11 goals, putting mason anywhere near the first tram , playing him all the time, never playing dembele, townsend getting this much game time, thinking it's okay never to change our system or mske subs etc etc etc

Eriksen has no balls. If everyone under performing so is he. One of the most disappointing footballers in the team considering his talent. Chadli will be nothing more than a bit part player next year, have him play some cup games, but well clear from the starting line up. Mason will be a squad player next year. Only Bentaleb and Eriksen out of the four you mentiond I'd expect to be in the starting eleven next season. If one of them isn't sold of course.

Could not agree with you more - said pretty much exactly the same thing in the "it's the midfield, stupid" thread.

But still, they will all be at WHL come July - which does not fit in with your original train of thought...

Eriksen has no balls. If everyone under performing so is he. One of the most disappointing footballers in the team considering his talent. Chadli will be nothing more than a bit part player next year, have him play some cup games, but well clear from the starting line up. Mason will be a squad player next year. Only Bentaleb and Eriksen out of the four you mentiond I'd expect to be in the starting eleven next season. If one of them isn't sold of course.

Loris, Rose, Kane.

That's it, the rest of them are cover at best.

I'm not 100% sure about Kane either.

i like to think that the reason the season has turned to tits is because the players who Poch dont want clearly know he dont want them now and are just not bothering. I mean we know we can play good, we smashed Chelsea and dominated Arsenal, which gives me hope for some of the players and makes me believe in Poch, he's a likeable guy too.

I just cant wait to get to the summer now.

In the two games you highlight, Dembele played an integral role in both. He has one bad game against Spam and seems to have been ditched altogether. Stupid or what? Better by far than the vast majority of our team, and more importantly, presses high and his ball retention draws players to him and this gives Eriksen more time and space. I cant see why Poch can't see that pairing Dembele with Eriksen makes both play better and the team tick. Eriksen looks a shadow of his former self without Dembele in the team.

Loris, Rose, Kane.

That's it, the rest of them are cover at best.

I'm not 100% sure about Kane either.

Kane needs competition. Soldado and Adebayor are not it. I've heard Kane is quite the beast in training, he'll work harder then he has ever worked before if someone comes in with a chance of taking his spot.

Lloris, Rose and Kane are the definites next year if we don't sell them. I'd expect Eriksen too, because at the end of the day on his rare, as care as it can be, he's still a class act. It's quite amazing really considering just a few months ago we were all excited about finally having a decent spine we can build around. How wrong were we.

In the two games you highlight, Dembele played an integral role in both. He has one bad game against Spam and seems to have been ditched altogether. Stupid or what? Better by far than the vast majority of our team, and more importantly, presses high and his ball retention draws players to him and this gives Eriksen more time and space. I cant see why Poch can't see that pairing Dembele with Eriksen makes both play better and the team tick. Eriksen looks a shadow of his former self without Dembele in the team.

Agreed.

It will be interesting to see what players Poch keeps and who he tries to buy next window. Us armchair managers think we know better than the manager, but I would seriously like to know what managers see in certain players and why they get played week in and week out.
I have nothing against Townsend and he seems like a likeable guy, but what does he do to deserve to be picked? Of course what do I know? Even the nationional manager picks him so he must be good eh? Ihave really high hope at the begining of each season, but I rerckon we have a very average squad this year. I suppose Poch is actually doing a great job getting us into the top half of the table with this squad rather than fighting relegation. Still we cant get any worse this year can we?

Just goes to show the folly of our CL aspirations...

Well, you only really need 1 great player to finish 4th

Kane needs competition. Soldado and Adebayor are not it. I've heard Kane is quite the beast in training, he'll work harder then he has ever worked before if someone comes in with a chance of taking his spot.

Lloris, Rose and Kane are the definites next year if we don't sell them. I'd expect Eriksen too, because at the end of the day on his rare, as care as it can be, he's still a class act. It's quite amazing really considering just a few months ago we were all excited about finally having a decent spine we can build around. How wrong were we.

Very disappointed with Eriksen lately, as you say, questionable spirit.

Poch on Sky: "Benteke is one of the best strikers in the Premier League" - but of course he wouldn't know... :D

Which is why some of us - ahem - wanted to buy him in January. Just imagine pairing him with Kane over the last few matches. With his goals and assists we would still be challenging for CL imo. If we had, by some good fortune, actually made the top four, we could then finance and attract better players and fill the new stadium, thereby taking us on a possible upward cycle.

Again, we have missed the boat. Youth is good but no substitute for real class.

I think he's wrong there, or he's just being gracious in defeat.

Benteke is just this seasons Michael ricketts, if he's so good how come he only got one against our car crash of a defence?

Benteke is a good footballer. I think he should be playing at a higher level than Villa. I think he's about Swanseas level. In fact, they probably should have went him for him to replace Bony.

Very easy to fall out of love with football. Everything is about finishing in the Top 4 because of money. So we rested players in the Europa (which we would probably have a better chance of qualifying for the Champions League from funnily enough) and look whats happened to our team since.

Maybe a mixture of our team not wanting EL football again, and a few unsettled players as we are likely to change the squad(again) this summer have contributed to the poor performances we have seen the last few games.

Well there goes the last fleeting chance we had of a Top Four finish, although many will say it was never a realistic possibility anyway.

I really wish I could say that things have improved from last season, but the truth is we have once again taken a step backwards.

Hard to see us attract the kind of players we need to push on during the summer.

Hard to see us attract the kind of players we need to push on during the summer.

Factor in Eriksen and Loris jumping ship in the summer and the future looks even bleaker. Anyone thinking we are going to ship out 10 players we dont like and buy ten who Poch wants is living in dreamland. Most of the players who Poch cant seem to motivate, manage or inspire will still be here next season. That tells me we need someone else who can.

Benteke is just this seasons Michael ricketts, if he's so good how come he only got one against our car crash of a defence?
You could've levelled that against him at the end of the 2012/13 season but Benteke' PL scoring record is now more akin to Defoe's, what with one season of nearly breaking the 20 goal barrier followed by enough hot streaks to constantly hit double figures.

Well there goes the last fleeting chance we had of a Top Four finish, although many will say it was never a realistic possibility anyway.

I really wish I could say that things have improved from last season, but the truth is we have once again taken a step backwards.

No way - we are a million miles away from where we were 12 months ago.

A big corner has been turned and we are heading in the right direction again.

This feels like the start of something big, like the late 70s did.

What kind of twisted, in sane logic is that.

I said he was good but I never said he was Maradona, the only player I have ever seen who could win a game single handedly.

Michael Ricketts? the only way that comes across is sour grapes that all the rubbishing you have dished out at him is coming back to bite you in a very sensitive area.

Yet again, Benteke was unplayable -- and that in a Villa team playing on the break. Imagine what he could provide to a team dominating possession and able to swing in cross after cross into the box; not to mention the space he would set up for the likes of Kane when two defenders converge on his leaving acres for his teammates to run into.

No way - we are a million miles away from where we were 12 months ago.

A big corner has been turned and we are heading in the right direction again.

This feels like the start of something big, like the late 70s did.

Beer of wine this evening is it ? :p

Back