• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

It's gone for next year too I predict .

Momentum is on Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Man U and Pool, can't imagine we will be getting choice picks if we do overhaul the club.

Best a rebuild with a fresh set of young players like the Poch years.

Levy needs to up his game to get more commercial revenue, it will be harder too.

So do we go easy in the last game if there is a danger that we will qualify for the Europa Conference League? Let's face it, it's a waste of time. Personally, I don't want us to enter.

Yeh I think anything outside the CL is abit wnked out so be better, IMO to give the new manager the one game a week benefit following, hopefully, massive backing in the summer. Thankfully our commercial interests mean we should be able to back the new gaffer well still.....

So do we go easy in the last game if there is a danger that we will qualify for the Europa Conference League? Let's face it, it's a waste of time. Personally, I don't want us to enter.

The conference league might be the easiest route to a trophy! West Ham have cruised through while rotating heavily. With the Europa League you still need to play a reasonably strong side throughout and can only make minor changes.

I dont really know though, I'm still torn on whether we should want Europa/ECL at all next year

If we end up in the ECL we should play a B side of kids and reserves and unloanables, coached separately by Ryan, giving tickets away to schools.

Not sure I would go that far however if you have a sensible system engrained and which doesnt just rely on a couple stars producing a bit of magic, then rotating and resting players for cup matches is easy

The conference league might be the easiest route to a trophy! West Ham have cruised through while rotating heavily. With the Europa League you still need to play a reasonably strong side throughout and can only make minor changes.

I dont really know though, I'm still torn on whether we should want Europa/ECL at all next year

I wouldn't mind ECL

- Play Porro, backup CB's, Richi, Danjuma (yes, sign him), Sarr maybe even Gil in every game, actually rotate and have players ready when needed in the tougher competitions

Get to QF's/SF's, take it serious and go win the bloody thing

I think being in the Europa League benefitted Pochettino in his first year in that it helped with getting a better look at the fringe players - a new manager with what will probably be a pretty large squad with plenty of fringe players and potential deadwood could similarly benefit with having either of the lesser european competitions to play around with, a few of our younger players/players ready for the scrapheap may just step up in a similar way Kane, Mason & Bentancur etc did

upload_2023-5-13_17-15-38.png

We have Brentford (H) and Leeds (A) - 0 points for me
Villa have Liverpool (A) and Brighton (H) - 1 point
Brighton have Arsenal (A), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A), Southampton (H), City (H), Villa (A) - 5 points

Brighton 6th - 60
Villa 7th - 58
Spurs 8th - 57

Would take that no Thursday/Sunday football
One game a week most weeks and really go for the domestic cups

Well in one respect tomorrow is win-win, we actually need a favour off Arsenal in our quest for a European place. If they do win it helps us, if they dont, we can still smile as it would probably hand the title to City

Back