• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

View attachment 15512

We have Brentford (H) and Leeds (A) - 0 points for me
Villa have Liverpool (A) and Brighton (H) - 1 point
Brighton have Arsenal (A), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A), Southampton (H), City (H), Villa (A) - 5 points

Brighton 6th - 60
Villa 7th - 58
Spurs 8th - 57

Would take that no Thursday/Sunday football
One game a week most weeks and really go for the domestic cups

Still doubt they'd give a toss about the domestic cups.

The conference gives similar money to the europa league so I’d take it and its a trophy we could actually win.

Its basically the league cup of europe so is as good as it gets for us at the moment.

Brighton go to aston villa on the final day which makes things interesting.

They also still have to go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and play Emirates Marketing Project at home.

Unlikely but we could still pip both brighton and villa to europa league.

Brighton go to aston villa on the final day which makes things interesting.

They also still have to go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and play Emirates Marketing Project at home.

Unlikely but we could still pip both brighton and villa to europa league.

That's the spirit. Brighton also have Saudi Sportswashing Machine away and City to play 6th is still on. Unfortunately we have Brentford next week first up, and right now, barring a helping hand from the ref (a-la-brighton at home), I dont really see us turning them over before we even consider trying to overcome a Big Sam battling-Leeds side who will bully us into submission

That's the spirit. Brighton also have Saudi Sportswashing Machine away and City to play 6th is still on. Unfortunately we have Brentford next week first up, and right now, barring a helping hand from the ref (a-la-brighton at home), I dont really see us turning them over before we even consider trying to overcome a Big Sam battling-Leeds side who will bully us into submission
We’ll beat Brentford at home, similar to how we pretty easily beat a Palace team in good form as well.

we’ll def lose away to Leeds though.

The conference gives similar money to the europa league so I’d take it and its a trophy we could actually win.

Its basically the league cup of europe so is as good as it gets for us at the moment.

I get that argument and ordinarily I'd take being in any European competition rather than none

Just wonder whether next year its better not to be in any?

Big upsides are (1) the new guy has will have more time on the training pitch and (2) we can run with a smaller squad, so could be more brutal with offloading players and spend whatever cash we have on fewer players

I think we'll beat Brentford and that will be enough for Europa

Brighton have Soton at home next weekend. I really think to have a sniff of 6th we have to win the last 2. 6pts would secure at least 7th, after today 6th might be a stretch too far. we will have a better idea on Thursday night

Brighton have Soton at home next weekend. I really think to have a sniff of 6th we have to win the last 2. 6pts would secure at least 7th, after today 6th might be a stretch too far. we will have a better idea on Thursday night

Ah yeah sorry - that was what i had in my mind before the Ars v Brighton game this evening, didn't think Arsenal would pull that result out of the bag lol

As long as Le Arse don't win it, who cares. It's been a brick season, let's just get it over with. I'd like us to qualify for Europe, but won't cry myself to sleep if we don't. Scum bottling it this epicly is all we could ask for a few months back, really.

As long as Le Arse don't win it, who cares. It's been a brick season, let's just get it over with. I'd like us to qualify for Europe, but won't cry myself to sleep if we don't. Scum bottling it this epicly is all we could ask for a few months back, really.

But they didn't bottle it again, this season they played a young team that were courageous and pushed for the title all the way to the very end. They should be commended and celebrated by all fans

I'm loving the narrative of them not bottling it but when the facts present themselves...

"2nd in a one horse race"

I saw them having a meltdown on AFTV about not beating City when in fact its probably the Brighton, West Ham and Southampton games that let them down. I have always said you can likely get away with losing to your biggest rivals as long as you are a machine against those you should be beating. Losing to Everton away....that hurts more than City

Back